The Official Simpsons Griefing Thread

Nikes_JustDoIt

Just Do It
kiwifarms.net
What if they pulled a Rugrats and only made new episodes take place in "the future" of the present, when Bart and Lisa are adults and Homer and Marge are old people? Doesn't matter to me though, as I prefer the 20th century episodes anyway.

It really is like the 21st century Simpsons is a different show.
I'm not sure about other fans but the future episodes are pretty decent and can provide new stories revolving around Lisa and Bart. The only thing I hope is they do not make Lisa a mary sue or Bart the slacker stereotype that the newer future episodes did.

Vault Boy

Corporate Mascot of Vault-Tec.
kiwifarms.net
I read the 4 comments on tha new Mona Simpson episode. One of them says: "can't be worse when gil was made a drug lord"

Gil? When the hell did that happen?
There was an episode last year that retconned Homer into being a teenager in the 90s. In that, Gil was the general manager for a pizza restaurant that Homer worked at (think Chuck E Cheeses), and it turned out he was smuggling drugs on the side (he hid them in the animatronic animals that Homer was fond of).

That episode also had Sideshow Mel use one of those animatronics as a sex robot and JJ Abrams as a guest star.

thegooddoctor

kiwifarms.net
Some of the future episodes are okay, but a lot of them are littered with dumb and bizarre jokes like Milhouse becoming a zombie and Lisa finding him more attractive that way.
The future episodes are honestly the most consistent ‘special’ episodes they do, even though they don’t always make sense, they’re the ones where they can stretch the rules of reality without fucking up the show , because none of these events are really ‘canon’ in any sense and may or may not happen. (Give up trying to understand any kind of rules to Simpsons continuity, you’ll lose it)

They’re also pretty consistently funny, I really loved Lisa becoming President future, and The one where Bart ends up stealing Lisa’s Harvard scholarship and Marge and Homer are divorced but get back together (big shock ikr). and of course the critically praised ‘Holidays of Future passed’ from S23 written to be as a possible true series finale if the show were truly cancelled. Yeah there filled with some real great jokes and the novelty of seeing the cast grown up and the kind of people they’d become is always fascinating and has great rare character interactions we’d never normally see.

One of my favourite Future jokes.

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"Kif, I'm feeling the Captain's Itch."
"I'll get the powder, sir."
Yes, comets!

The icebergs of the sky.

By jack-knifing from one to the next at breakneck speed we might just get some kind of gravity boost ... or something.

Strange Wilderness

kiwifarms.net
Lol they call Eskimo the E-word. What a baby.

How can someone so joyless and politically correct enjoy the Simpsons at all? The show is full of offensive jabs at everyone and cynical advice about life that isn't always politically correct. Can they even watch any scene at the Kwiki-Mart without having a mental breakdown at a mildly offensive stereotype?

Cardenio

*YAWN*
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
While not a robot, marge was turned into an Alexa type A.I in that Thanksgiving anthology episode made a while back.

So add that one to the list.
A total lazy parody of Black Mirror's Christmas Special.
Can't find the actual segment on YouTube as it seems Netflix is vigilant in removing their content, but you get the gist.

Syaoran Li

Goth Mom
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Lol they call Eskimo the E-word. What a baby.

How can someone so joyless and politically correct enjoy the Simpsons at all? The show is full of offensive jabs at everyone and cynical advice about life that isn't always politically correct. Can they even watch any scene at the Kwiki-Mart without having a mental breakdown at a mildly offensive stereotype?

The one thing that angers me most about the Apu thing is that unlike most cases of the "immigrant store clerk" trope, they're not mean-spirited or offensive about it.

First off, Apu is consistently seen as one of the only sane men in all of Springfield and the whole episode where he got married even pointed that out as he was the most desirable bachelor in town due to the fact he was level-headed, hard working, and responsible.

Second, it's stated multiple times that Apu genuinely loves his job and while he initially only did the job to keep himself afloat during college, he grew to like it and found his niche.

If anything, it'd be a subversion of that stereotype and don't these pretentious punk midwits claim to love subverting expectations?

Strange Wilderness

kiwifarms.net
The one thing that angers me most about the Apu thing is that unlike most cases of the "immigrant store clerk" trope, they're not mean-spirited or offensive about it.

First off, Apu is consistently seen as one of the only sane men in all of Springfield and the whole episode where he got married even pointed that out as he was the most desirable bachelor in town due to the fact he was level-headed, hard working, and responsible.

Second, it's stated multiple times that Apu genuinely loves his job and while he initially only did the job to keep himself afloat during college, he grew to like it and found his niche.

If anything, it'd be a subversion of that stereotype and don't these pretentious punk midwits claim to love subverting expectations?
I wonder how many Indians actually love Apu because of those qualities despite him being a stereotype. Sort of like how Mexicans love Speedy Gonzalez and Scottish people love Groundskeeper Willie. They might be a little offensive in that they are poor and speak with exaggerated accents but they still have positive virtues like being clever in Speedys case or being manly enough to wrestle animals one on one in Willie's case. Stuff that you might like your culture associated with like being brave, hardworking, and intelligent.

And by Indians I mean Average Joe Indians, not rich and sheltered Indians who cry on Twitter over the first problematic thing they see on TV because their lives are so devoid of conflict and hardship.

Last edited:

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
I wonder how many Indians actually love Apu because of those qualities despite him being a stereotype. Sort of like how Mexicans love Speedy Gonzalez and Scottish people love Groundskeeper Willie. They might be a little offensive in that they are poor and speak with exaggerated accents but they still have positive virtues like being clever in Speedys case or being manly enough to wrestle animals one on one in Willie's case. Stuff that you might like your culture associated with like being brave, hardworking, and intelligent.

And by Indians I mean Average Joe Indians, not rich and sheltered Indians who cry on Twitter over the first problematic thing they see on TV because their lives are so devoid of conflict and hardship.
I don't doubt that the avarage joe Indian appreciated the attempt, if nothing else. It's genuinely a shame that what happened did happen and Kondibolu should be ashamed.