The Official Simpsons Griefing Thread

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

ToroidalBoat

wat
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
(which is about as likely as colonizing Mars in our lifetimes)
Musk says SpaceX is going to land people there as early as 5 years from now.

I think I also heard the prediction that NASA will pull it off by the mid 2030s.

And yet there hasn't been a single manned mission to the Moon since 1972.

The /pol/ Sneed raids and the media reaction to it has really soiled the purity of the meme.
So that's how it got political.

Well sneedposting of old should still have a place here.

Angel Dust

Adoption is Death to the Real Family
kiwifarms.net
Please forgive my sins, but I’ve never played it before, so I asked for a copy this Christmas and can’t wait to see what the hype is about, has the game aged well?

Late but yes. The graphics can be kinda jarring, almost early tomb raider with how pointy they can be. But the actual driving is smooth and responsive. The game is really funny and while the missions are repetitive, they don't feel repetitive. There's tons of unlockables and seeing the classic locations up close and personal is a treat. The final level will make you rip your hair out though.

The Gangster Computer

It just works.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Musk says SpaceX is going to land people there as early as 5 years from now.

I think I also heard the prediction that NASA will pull it off by the mid 2030s.

And yet there hasn't been a single manned mission to the Moon since 1972.
Yeah, but landing on Mars and permanently colonizing it are different things. As it stands, Martian soil is too toxic and chlorinated for plant life, and the low gravity makes it unlikely that humans or most animals would be able to reproduce up there without resulting in some questionable malformed outcomes. At best we might be lucky just to see some controll-operated humanoid robots start a small permanent lab up there or a quick tour to it in our lifetimes.
So that's how it got political.

Well sneedposting of old should still have a place here.
Yeah, it started with some drama over Southwest Airlines and its forums.

The Gangster Computer

It just works.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What if the Simpsons runs until the end of the world as we know it because they just get new voice actors (like with Carl) - or even "deepfakes"?
I'm leaning on them just finding replacements or deepfakes for dead or retired voice actors now that they've broken the rule about replacements with Carl and Herbert, but considering how Julie Kavner sounds these days, I figure its only a matter of time until we find out what will happen when a main cast member passes away.

UnKillShredDur

Black Deaths Matter.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is a serious question: Outside of "We're Back" and one of the shittier Stephen King movies that I've already forgotten the name of, has Yeardley Smith ever had a serious non-Simpsons acting role?

I'm not saying she didn't, but even in the 2 films I mentioned, I wasn't able to separate the voice from Lisa Simpson. I don't think she has very much range...

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is a serious question: Outside of "We're Back" and one of the shittier Stephen King movies that I've already forgotten the name of, has Yeardley Smith ever had a serious non-Simpsons acting role?

I'm not saying she didn't, but even in the 2 films I mentioned, I wasn't able to separate the voice from Lisa Simpson. I don't think she has very much range...
She appeared as a guest on The Big Bang Theory at one point.

But yeah, no real voice range plus she looks weird.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

iirc she was main cast for Herman's Head, a Fox sitcom that was mostly forgotten by twenty years ago, and barely remembered when it was on

Preferred Penne

Easy to eat
kiwifarms.net

She was in that movie Maximum Overdrive, about trucks that come to life and start killing people.

I remember watching it once and having to turn it off because her voice was fucking insufferable.

Super-Chevy454

kiwifarms.net
I'm leaning on them just finding replacements or deepfakes for dead or retired voice actors now that they've broken the rule about replacements with Carl and Herbert, but considering how Julie Kavner sounds these days, I figure its only a matter of time until we find out what will happen when a main cast member passes away.
I wonder if they'll broke the rule and think of remplacements with Lionel Hutz and Troy McClure?