The oldfag thread (30yo and up) - REEEEE zoomers get out!

• Emails (registration / password reset) appear to be working; be sure to check spam.

Cool Dog

A goodboi denied his Wendy's
kiwifarms.net
So how you guys are dealing with being at most 10 years away from your forties?

Me I'm already dealing with old fuck health issues like a bad knee and I got some blood tests soon that will probably show I got high everything and have to cut down on salt, fats and everything that makes food good, just like a lot of people do around my age.

Feeling a bit nostalgic at times but not enough to go broke becoming a collectorfag, more like nostalgia for shit that I missed out on because I was busy or broke at the time. Not everybody gets to travel around the world in his twenties.

Anyway, how about you?

SSF2T Old User

Summer Time = Summer Babes
kiwifarms.net
For me, health-wise, aside from having a deviated septum (which is part of the reason why i HATE wearing masks) the only thing wrong with me is that my protein is high and my iron is low. Recently I started taking iron pills ontop of my multi-vitamin, and so far I seem to have a little more energy than usual.

Only thing I seriously collect is DVDs of my favorite shows, both old and new (Bob's Burgers and Archer is like the newest shows I have... everything else is from the 90's). Shout Factory made it easy for me to do this, but unfortunately they keep loosing some good licenses (like Hey Arnold... they had the complete series years ago but not anymore), so I have to find other places to get my stuff.
Not everybody gets to travel around the world in his twenties.
Traveling is overrated. I'm sure their are some nice places, but considering the majority of the world is fucked, you're better off (at most) doing road trips to different states or something.

Then again I've always been a homebody. Furthest I've been to was New Jersey, Connecticut, and Pennsylvania.

Cool Dog

kiwifarms.net
Traveling is overrated. I'm sure their are some nice places, but considering the majority of the world is fucked, you're better off (at most) doing road trips to different states or something.
Not planning to do trendy shit but there are some stuff I would like to see like venice which is flooding, or the pyramids before the sandniggers finally blow them up like they did with nineveh and a bunch of babylonian stuff. Idgaf about going to beaches or snob places

And I'm not in the states but doing a roadtrip over there would be cool too, or even better yet a panamerican road trip, tho I would've to pay to get the car on a boat from panama to colombia since apparently there are no actual roads connecting the two

A road trip around the EU would be great too, I dont like trains

Cool Dog

kiwifarms.net
>tfw a 30 year old describes themselves as an "oldfag"
I'm "30 something", not gonna post my actual age, dox risk and all

And given that most internet communities are full of kids, teens and people in their early twenties being a +30yo who saw the web 1.0 rise and fall, and the internet become the normie infested shithole it is today kind of makes you an oldfag for todays standards. I seen zoomers ask me about the old internet as you would ask your grandpa about the war or some really old shit, not something that happened 1-2 decades ago

Last edited:

Autumnal Equinox

Bacon! Ham hocks! Spare ribs!
kiwifarms.net
I’m in my mid 30s and live a pretty boring life. Work, come home, eat dinner, dick around online or some other form of entertainment for a few hours, go to sleep. Rinse and repeat. Even on my days off I don’t really go out much. Might be dull but I’m at the point where I’m fine with boring.

Hellbound Hellhound

kiwifarms.net
I turn 30 this week, and I'm not sure how to feel about it. On the one hand, I still look and feel young, but on the other, the thought of being "in my thirties" is something of an identity-shattering realization for me. It's just not how I see myself, and I can't decide if it's how I want others to see me.

I suppose I'll have to come to terms with it.

TiggerNits

Yankee vampire living off the blood of the poor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My wife just let me know that our 5 year old playing with my entrenching tool from the garage hasn't been him digging holes in the backyard, he's been pooping out there since we taught him how to do it on a camping trip 7 weeks ago. She caught him just now and is so mad. I'm extremely proud I managed not to laugh during the phonecall

Pargon

Hitler died, my mother also died
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Late 30s and fuck if I'm going to have or adopt kids. Nothing against them or people who want 'em; I'm just not cut out to care for something with more demanding needs than a cat. If I die in my sleep they can feast on my corpse for weeks and be fine. I have a job that challenges me and my boss isn't a cock. I'm getting on better with my partner. I have personal plans for the future, better late than never there.

For the first time in a long time I can't complain and so now I need to find something to put all that energy toward until my life catches fire again.

rocknrollmartian

kiwifarms.net
Late 30s and fuck if I'm going to have or adopt kids. Nothing against them or people who want 'em; I'm just not cut out to care for something with more demanding needs than a cat.
Same. People often tell me I'd be a good parent, but parenting 24/7 is obviously a completely different beast than hanging out with relatives' kids at a zoo or park or watching a Disney movie for a few hours. It's exhausting, full-time work if done right, and many kids still grow up to blame their parents for any and all of their personal failings.

More AWS-8Q Than You

kiwifarms.net

Then again I've always been a homebody. Furthest I've been to was New Jersey, Connecticut, and Pennsylvania.
Not to PL too much, but I'm old enough that whether I'm a millennial or and Xer is a question of what year you put the split. The one time I've been in NYC was back before it got cleaned up. Have a fond memory of looking down from the top of the WTC and wondering what would happen if I dropped a penny.

I think every American should have to travel across the country before we let them out into the lesser parts of the world. And I mean road trip. My family spent a summer once just driving across the country and it was an experience, hit both Niagra Falls and the Grand Canyon. You can't really wrap your head around the vastness of America without having done the drive. Once you hit the endless cornfields and the signs warning you the next gas station after the one at this exit is 160+ miles away you start to understand. America is fucking beautiful though and everyone should see it. Forget those shithole cities.