The oldfag thread (30yo and up) - REEEEE zoomers get out!

TiggerNits

Yankee vampire living off the blood of the poor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not to PL too much, but I'm old enough that whether I'm a millennial or and Xer is a question of what year you put the split. The one time I've been in NYC was back before it got cleaned up. Have a fond memory of looking down from the top of the WTC and wondering what would happen if I dropped a penny.

I think every American should have to travel across the country before we let them out into the lesser parts of the world. And I mean road trip. My family spent a summer once just driving across the country and it was an experience, hit both Niagra Falls and the Grand Canyon. You can't really wrap your head around the vastness of America without having done the drive. Once you hit the endless cornfields and the signs warning you the next gas station after the one at this exit is 160+ miles away you start to understand. America is fucking beautiful though and everyone should see it. Forget those shithole cities.
My hard late Gen X vs early Millennial split is the question "what show did your parents get mad at you for watching, beavis and butt-head, or southpark." The former being gen X, the latter being millennial.

My brother is juuuussssttttt barely on the gen x side. My kid sister is on the other and the difference between the two is night and day

More AWS-8Q Than You

kiwifarms.net
My hard late Gen X vs early Millennial split is the question "what show did your parents get mad at you for watching, beavis and butt-head, or southpark." The former being gen X, the latter being millennial.

My brother is juuuussssttttt barely on the gen x side. My kid sister is on the other and the difference between the two is night and day
Good split, Gen X then. I generally identify with Xers anyways, what with my sunny, cynical disposition. My little sister is far more millennial, although not crazy. There's a notable difference between really early Millennials and later ones. I think if they were adults before Smart Phones, they're usually alright. Maybe if you remember station wagons with backwards facing seats too.

White Devil

Space Hate Crimes
kiwifarms.net
I turn 30 this week, and I'm not sure how to feel about it. On the one hand, I still look and feel young, but on the other, the thought of being "in my thirties" is something of an identity-shattering realization for me. It's just not how I see myself, and I can't decide if it's how I want others to see me.

I suppose I'll have to come to terms with it.
You'll be fine. I'm in my mid 30s and people still think I'm in my mid 20s. Just keep in shape and you won't really recognize that you're "older". Yeah my body hurts and aches but that's due to the life I've led having high impact on it, just stay healthy and fit and you'll look and feel in your 20s still. Eventually that will catch up but just enjoy your third decade. For most people, it's the best in their lives. Prime place in career, making real adult money, can do whatever the fuck you want, etc. I've enjoyed mine way more than my 20s so far just for the ability to DO shit.

Yeah the big 3-0 is a cultural spectre for some reason but don't let that pop culture bullshit make you worry. Just remember that you can run faster, jump higher, and do math better than those retards that think 30 is old.

Dom Cruise

I'll fucking Mega your ass, bitch!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'll be honest, it's been a challenge.

I turned 30 in 2019, I was not feeling great about how my 20s played out but I was making big plans for my 30s... then COVID happened and absolutely cratered it all, I no longer have any real solid plans for the future because it's hard to do so not really knowing what the actual long term impact of COVID will be.

A funny thing has happened though, I actually feel like a true blue adult now, with age has come knowledge, maybe this is partly because of the lockdowns giving me a lot of time to sit and think, but I've been hit with some really profound thoughts and understanding about life, the universe and everything that I've never really had before, it's been so crazy at times that to some degree it feels like my life hadn't really started until I turned 30, it feels like some real scales shave been lifted from my eyes.

With that comes me missing the innocence of youth, when it was much easier for me to just tune everything out, but at least I have gained something which is a feeling that I've been waking up to the truth and while it's less "fun" it does feel good.

I of course have also been reminding myself that being in your 30s doesn't make you THAT old, so it's gonna be ok.

TiggerNits

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Being in my 40s and watching my wife freak out about turning 29 in a month is fun.

"I'm gonna be 30 in a year, I feel so old!" says the smoothie sipping professional yoga instructor with two kids to her husband that's half gray with a metal knee and tinnitus as he tries to light his cigar with a lighter he bought on leave in Greece while she was only in the 2nd grade

White Devil

Space Hate Crimes
kiwifarms.net
Being in my 40s and watching my wife freak out about turning 29 in a month is fun.

"I'm gonna be 30 in a year, I feel so old!" says the smoothie sipping professional yoga instructor with two kids to her husband that's half gray with a metal knee and tinnitus as he tries to light his cigar with a lighter he bought on leave in Greece while she was only in the 2nd grade
You cradle robber, you!

Gotta admit, I had kind of a moral dilemma in my late 20s/ early 30s with 18 and 19 year olds showing interest in me. Like, does it make me a predator if I go for it and just have fun? They're practically children to me... But the attention and interest was always flattering and truthfully women our age just don't have bodies like that anymore.

TiggerNits

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You cradle robber, you!

Gotta admit, I had kind of a moral dilemma in my late 20s/ early 30s with 18 and 19 year olds showing interest in me. Like, does it make me a predator if I go for it and just have fun? They're practically children to me... But the attention and interest was always flattering and truthfully women our age just don't have bodies like that anymore.
I started dating my wife when she had just turned 21. She was working the desk at my gym and would flirt with me a little everytime I checked in and out. I figured she was just trying to get me to take her yoga or zumba class for the first two weeks. The third week I flirted back and she smiled really big and told me she was getting off in 20 minutes if I wanted to grab dinner or something. I had to go to a friend's birthday BBQ in an hour, so I said she was welcome to come with me if she was cool with meeting 90% of my friends and some family on the first date. She had me pick her up from her apartment on the way. Been together ever since

Justtocheck

Judge Cahill stands with the Gays
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
lmao at all the WrinklyballsackFags mad that OP considered just 30 and up old. Take up Bridge already you white haired ghouls