The oldfag thread (30yo and up) - REEEEE zoomers get out!

TiggerNits

Yankee vampire living off the blood of the poor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've always felt they just try to be a heavier Creed.
Creed's singer sucked, for sure, but atleast he seemed to enjoy being a rock star. The guy in death punch is just an emo kid on HGH

Autumnal Equinox

You’re a goody little two shoes!
kiwifarms.net
Having my niece be legitimately dumbfounded I grew up without the internet and asking me how I entertained myself or kept in touch with friends

I don’t know if this was just her being young and naive or if all little kids can’t comprehend a life without constant internet (a sobering thought) but fuck if that didn’t make me feel like an old fart

Kornula

kiwifarms.net
Having my niece be legitimately dumbfounded I grew up without the internet and asking me how I entertained myself or kept in touch with friends

I don’t know if this was just her being young and naive or if all little kids can’t comprehend a life without constant internet (a sobering thought) but fuck if that didn’t make me feel like an old fart
I grew up with a black and white TV. When I wanted to keep in touch with a friend, we had walkie talkies..or the rotary dial phone. Or.. just got on our bikes and went over to their house.

I haven't had my 13 year old nephew ask me that yet...but I'm waiting.

TiggerNits

Yankee vampire living off the blood of the poor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I wasn't taking that angle so much, but you are in fact correct. Plenty of white losers move to Japan or SEA and find that they go from zero pussy to just a little - which is a several hundred percent increase on before. That's a win in their eyes, even if the women they're fucking with are prostitute level or just plain undesirable.

I'm speaking more in terms of non-lefty, non selfish, non tatted and pierced whores that are increasingly rare in the western hemisphere. Being a white, Christian, conservative male, my options are severely limited in the domestic population. Minorities, be they Indian, Asian, or from elsewhere, jive much more with my politics and values - an additional bonus being they're also much more attractive and feminine. Having been on this road for years now, I find I simply cannot go back. Haven't dated a British woman in years, don't plan to ever again.

But you're right - most of the types spewing such rhetoric are angry incels who haven't seen a vagina since they burst through one. Those guys will get found out no matter where they go.
So wait, are you feigning moral superiority for banging sluts without tattoos and piercings compared to the ones without? I mean, either way you're still banging out a chick of ill repute, you're just trying to justify based on the paint job or lack thereof and if they're import instead of domestic? If you're just tagging and bagging these girls then they're still sluts, man. At best you're just buying low and selling high, which I wouldn't fault you on this way or vice versa, its just from a purely 'moral' perspective, if they're letting you in without a ring or a serious relationship, they're no better than the pale ones with idiotic tattoos or everlasting-job-stoppers in their ears.

Just enjoy some fucking pussy and go on about your day, man. You aren't on any kind of high ground against these other guys in a different latrine ditch just because you're still knee deep in the same shit. It's shit like this that leads to dudes treating pussy like a high value social commodity, when in reality is it's just a fun test-model slip-n-slide until you find one you want to put in your backyard.

Cool Dog

A goodboi denied his Wendy's
kiwifarms.net

Sometimes I cant believe I used to have like only 10 games for my console and had to go all the way to a store to rent some, same with movies, or having to wait for a TV show at an specific hour or I would miss it, or watching any shit on TV like the news out of boredom

For normies shit like netflix and spotify is a novelty but I been downloading and burning all media since 2002 when I finally got broadband in my country, I been doing this for longer than I been doing that you get me?

I dont see any changes to the current model on the horizon, the distribution model of streaming is here to stay. Not that I like that shit, I fear for the day when all vidya is through streaming and you cant install shit on your own hardware anymore because all games will be made only for stadia or whatever servers
I grew up with a black and white TV. When I wanted to keep in touch with a friend, we had walkie talkies..or the rotary dial phone. Or.. just got on our bikes and went over to their house.
I did the same, how old are you?

Kornula

kiwifarms.net
Sometimes I cant believe I used to have like 10 games for my console and had to go all the way to a store to rent some, same with movies, or having to wait for a TV show at an specific hour or I would miss it, or watching any shit on TV like the news out of boredom

For normies shit like netflix and spotify is a novelty but I been downloading and burning all media since 2002 when I finally got broadband in my country, I been doing this for longer than I been doing that you get me?

I dont see any changes to the current model on the horizon, the distribution model of streaming is here to stay. Not that I like that shit, I fear for the day when all vidya is through streaming and you cant install shit on your own hardware anymore because all games will be made only for stadia or whatever servers

I did the same, how old are you?

knobslobbin

survivorship bias
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You'll be fine. I'm in my mid 30s and people still think I'm in my mid 20s. Just keep in shape and you won't really recognize that you're "older". Yeah my body hurts and aches but that's due to the life I've led having high impact on it, just stay healthy and fit and you'll look and feel in your 20s still. Eventually that will catch up but just enjoy your third decade. For most people, it's the best in their lives. Prime place in career, making real adult money, can do whatever the fuck you want, etc. I've enjoyed mine way more than my 20s so far just for the ability to DO shit.

Yeah the big 3-0 is a cultural spectre for some reason but don't let that pop culture bullshit make you worry. Just remember that you can run faster, jump higher, and do math better than those retards that think 30 is old.
Yep. I also pass for much younger just because I didn't get fat and stay in reasonable shape. I started making sure to always wear sunscreen when I'm outside in my early 30s and that has made a huge difference too. 30s rock, you have money and time to do shit in style. Sure you don't party as hard as in your 20s, but it feels more in control and even more fun.

nigger of the north

kiwifarms.net
So wait, are you feigning moral superiority for banging sluts without tattoos and piercings compared to the ones without? I mean, either way you're still banging out a chick of ill repute, you're just trying to justify based on the paint job or lack thereof and if they're import instead of domestic? If you're just tagging and bagging these girls then they're still sluts, man. At best you're just buying low and selling high, which I wouldn't fault you on this way or vice versa, its just from a purely 'moral' perspective, if they're letting you in without a ring or a serious relationship, they're no better than the pale ones with idiotic tattoos or everlasting-job-stoppers in their ears.

Just enjoy some fucking pussy and go on about your day, man. You aren't on any kind of high ground against these other guys in a different latrine ditch just because you're still knee deep in the same shit. It's shit like this that leads to dudes treating pussy like a high value social commodity, when in reality is it's just a fun test-model slip-n-slide until you find one you want to put in your backyard.
Sounds like you're projecting somewhat. People have their likes and dislikes, mine were pretty straightforwardly laid out in my other post.

Ultimately, I stay away from what I don't like, and go toward what I do. That simple.

knobslobbin

survivorship bias
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah not for me, made a couple wrong (in hindsight) decisions back when and luck wasnt on my side so I'm sort of starting over

Shit happens, also my country is going to hell right now, that can be a teeny tiny massive problem
Sorry to hear bud. Maybe things will turn around and your 40s will make all the hardship worth it. 🤞

DamnWolves!

kiwifarms.net
It's a lot more fun to do that when you have some money and don't have to live like a hobo.
I have lots of money but I work such long hours that I just end up putting it all into my investment account. Right now especially, I have nothing to spend it on. I work a very "traditional" white collar job, like the guy from American Psycho. I have a nice car and nice clothes and a nice place to live, but it all kind of feels like a bit of a prison.

I have absolutely no conception of work-life balance, and I have no idea how some of my Boomer coworkers have time to own boats and vacation homes and have families and shit. I also feel like shit a lot of the time because I spend all day "managing" people from my computer and 10+ hours of that leaves me extremely tired at the end of the day. It's all I can do to feed myself and do it all again the next day. I know I should exercise or like go out and do shit, but I can't seem to bring myself to. I spend my weekends taking care of all the errands I neglected during the week, like groceries and laundry and shit.

I don't hate my job, but I don't love it either. The stock options are too juicy to leave on the table. I keep telling myself that I'll leave when I have enough to retire, but I might be dead by then. I'm also kind of afraid of dying alone.

Any corporate-bros got any advice?

White Devil

Space Hate Crimes
kiwifarms.net
I have lots of money but I work such long hours that I just end up putting it all into my investment account. Right now especially, I have nothing to spend it on. I work a very "traditional" white collar job, like the guy from American Psycho. I have a nice car and nice clothes and a nice place to live, but it all kind of feels like a bit of a prison.

I have absolutely no conception of work-life balance, and I have no idea how some of my Boomer coworkers have time to own boats and vacation homes and have families and shit. I also feel like shit a lot of the time because I spend all day "managing" people from my computer and 10+ hours of that leaves me extremely tired at the end of the day. It's all I can do to feed myself and do it all again the next day. I know I should exercise or like go out and do shit, but I can't seem to bring myself to. I spend my weekends taking care of all the errands I neglected during the week, like groceries and laundry and shit.

I don't hate my job, but I don't love it either. The stock options are too juicy to leave on the table. I keep telling myself that I'll leave when I have enough to retire, but I might be dead by then. I'm also kind of afraid of dying alone.

Want to buy me some ammo?

Cool Dog

A goodboi denied his Wendy's
kiwifarms.net

Cant help you there but I would gladly trade places with you right now

Sped Xing

!Bigfoot! sightings please call 908-314-7784
kiwifarms.net

I've heard it said that a career is a way to kill time if you haven't a calling. Whatever you eventually find you want to do, having lots of money isn't going to make it harder.

You absolutely should make time for exercise-- working out is just preventative maintenance for your body. But I think people confuse themselves with the "work-life balance" meme. Work is a part of life, and for a middle-aged man who isn't a worthless sack of shit, work is a very big part of life. An hour spent working is no less an hour spent living than an hour spent at some pointless hobby. If you feel like you're not alive while you're working, you have some combination of shitty job and shitty attitude.

Fuck do I know, though. I am very far from a "corporate bro." Sitting in an office and managing people sounds too awful to be worth any amount of money. I work long hours at a job and long hours on my farm. My job is kind of mildly entertaining and relaxing, and my farm makes my heart sing.

When people give advice, all they ever do is tell you how to be more like them. I don't ask people's advice much anymore, but I sure do love to give it.

JosephStalin

Vozhd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Okay children, today's lesson on aging:

Didn't give a fuck then, still don't give a fuck now.

Given how hard I went at life when younger, it's a bit amazing I'm still here and for the most part, in pretty good overall health. Just a SWAG, but I'm willing to bet I'm the oldest Farmer here, maybe with the exception of @JosephStalin. He might have me by a year or so but we're likely pretty close agewise.

I'm 66 this year. If you're older, PM me so we can start a Metamucil and the worst place I ever shit myself thread.

They say with age comes wisdom. Not so sure about that, but it does provide a literal shit ton of hindsight and perspective. The kind of stuff that if I only knew THEN what I know NOW, well my life would likely be quite different. But maybe not. You can armchair quarterback your life decisions to death (quite literally) but it doesn't change a damn thing in the here and now. Wasted energy, all though I do like thinking back fondly of the many women I've had in my life. Only a couple of them best forgotten by time.

Perspective is based on the the things that shaped your life the most. For me, one of the biggest was being sent home from school early in 2nd grade. All the adults talking in hushed tones as they hurried us on to the school buses. None of it made any sense until I walked in the front door and my mom was sitting on the couch crying hysterically "MY GOD! They shot him. They shot him!" On the TV was Dallas, TX. President Kennedy had been assassinated. Then Jack Ruby gunning down Oswald. Then RFK killed at a later date. Y'all like to talk glowniggers these days, but that shit was plutonium level glowing and we really don't know the true what/why of it and likely never will. I do remember as a kid that everyone thought JFK's death meant there was going to be a nuclear war. Everyday, we did the stop, drop and roll shit in school and cover your eyes!

The moon landing. Another milestone event. We watched it everyday in class. Men walking on the moon! All the boys wanted to be astronauts. It was cool!

The Beatles. The Rolling Stones. The British Invasion of rock n roll. Good times! And one of my favs of those days - The Monkees.

The Vietnam War. Bad times. Dad liked Walter Cronkite and every night during dinner Walter would solemnly deliver the body count. As if somehow the fact that we killed more of them today than they killed of us, we were winning the war. I would later go on protest the war in high school and attend demonstrations. The war ended and so did the draft the year I graduated high school but I had some older friends who were drafted and never heard from again. The fear of being drafted and sent to die in some rice paddy permeated all older teenage boys in that era. It's not something kids have had to fear since the 70's. I don't count the Sandbox because everyone there volunteered to join the service. No one was drafted.

Nixon and Watergate.

The captured American hostages in Iran under Carter. Released the day Reagan became President because they only knew Reagan as a cowboy and knew he would kick there rug kneeling asses right off the planet.

My own service in the Navy. Standing next to the Liberty Bell in full uniform on the Bicentennial of this country in 1976. Being a patriot has never changed with age, not a bit.

Raising four children. How could you get it so right with three of them and have one of the four be the bad example and get it SO wrong?

One of the things I don't mind about getting older? I lived history. Not the "right or wrong side" of it as it's portrayed today, but actual living, breathing history as it happened.

Here at the Farms? I like it. Don't hold any grudges against any age group. My best advice -- just try not to make a complete ass of yourself and you'll get through life just fine. One Dadism I'll pass along from my teen years - when my dad would come into the basement filled with smoke and we'd be stoned to the gills - he'd rant at us being losers and always end it with "Now put THAT in your pipe and smoke it instead of that other bullshit!" RIP Dad.

May y'all live in interesting times.

:drink::drink::drink:
Ya, am 66 this year myself.

Looking at this, many similarities.

Indeed, I also lived some history. The "tree incident" in Korea was anus-clenching adventure.

And you can do your very best at raising kids, yet the kids will still do as they please.

Been through my share of shit, too. Just kept on trucking, refused to quit or give up. With some of the things I have been through, amazed I'm still alive. Today makes nine years since open-heart. Today makes four days since back surgery. Damned grateful for 21st-century medicine.

I like it here, too. That's why I hang around.

Don't get hung up on age, people. Just a number. I've seen wise people of ten years old and utter dumbfucks of 65. You are as smart as you make the effort to be. "Life is hard. Life is hardest when you're dumb." Don't be that person. I don't have the luxury of being stupid. Neither do you, unless you like having people smarter than you run your life.

👍

Jet Fuel Johnny

Full Metal Sperg
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
One thing I've noticed different is: "Keep on trucking", "Suck it up and drive on" and "Life isn't fair so buckle up, buttercup" was a sentiment we all grew up with.

We knew parents argued, we knew friends could disagree (even outright fistfight) and could still be friends, we knew that people made mistakes, and that there were shades of gray.

It's all missing now. One fight is a divorce (It's gotten so much worse than it was when I was a kid and like every other kid's parents were getting divorced), one disagreement is the end of a friendship, and constant complaining life isn't fair.

We also knew you had to work for what you had. Nobody would roll up and hand you everything, you had to work hard for it.

Now we see dangerhairs saying that even if you worked your ass off for something, it was really privilege that got it for you and you don't deserve it, other people wanting everything you have without working for it.

I also see people give up for the most trivial things. "Oh, my dick isn't plated in gold and I'm not 600 feet tall, guess I should just kill myself because I'm a loser" is seen all the time on the internet.

People always say "The industrial revolution had terrible effects on mankind" but I put forward that social media, not the internet, has done grave damage to the West.

Eh, I'm old and rambling.

TFT-A9

WHEE!
kiwifarms.net
One thing I've noticed different is: "Keep on trucking", "Suck it up and drive on" and "Life isn't fair so buckle up, buttercup" was a sentiment we all grew up with.

We knew parents argued, we knew friends could disagree (even outright fistfight) and could still be friends, we knew that people made mistakes, and that there were shades of gray.

It's all missing now. One fight is a divorce (It's gotten so much worse than it was when I was a kid and like every other kid's parents were getting divorced), one disagreement is the end of a friendship, and constant complaining life isn't fair.

We also knew you had to work for what you had. Nobody would roll up and hand you everything, you had to work hard for it.

Now we see dangerhairs saying that even if you worked your ass off for something, it was really privilege that got it for you and you don't deserve it, other people wanting everything you have without working for it.

I also see people give up for the most trivial things. "Oh, my dick isn't plated in gold and I'm not 600 feet tall, guess I should just kill myself because I'm a loser" is seen all the time on the internet.

People always say "The industrial revolution had terrible effects on mankind" but I put forward that social media, not the internet, has done grave damage to the West.

Eh, I'm old and rambling.
There was this weird and profound shift sometime not that long ago from people accepting that shit's not always fair and you work around the bullshit as best you can to stamping your feet and screaming about how unfair shit was and fully expecting someone to come along to "rectify" that. That and yeah with social media's persistence now people can nurse grudges forever, in public view and basically never stop chewing on that bone.

knobslobbin

survivorship bias
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Before I retired I changed jobs every 2-3 years. Was lucrative because I usually managed to grab a big increase at each jump. If you're in a similar boat one way I kept sane and got a better work life balance was to negotiate 2-3 months off between jobs. Otherwise every company I ever worked at gave me 3-4 weeks per year, but was never happy to see you use it. Fuck that, pay me out for that vacation when I leave and I'll make sure I get the time back double anyway.

Otherwise good luck with work life balance, that shit is hard.