The Origins of the Woke Left - OP is a faggot

• Conducting some maintenance.

Odnovo

kiwifarms.net
There is a rumor going around some circles that the whole WOKE bullshit was introduced into activist groups during the time of Occupy Wall Street in 2011 because the elite were scared shitless of such an organic grassroots movement that was calling them out, and as such they weaseled the whole SJW thing into their groups in order to divide them in order to render them inert. Sadly, it worked.

There could very well be some cosmic astrological things behind it as well, but that isn't my forte. It is really strange how it pretty much appeared out of the blue during 2012, though, and never really faded away. You'd think that it would. A lot of those whose brains have melted from it weren't anything like that prior to the cursed zeitgeist, either. That is the one thing that I thought was truly odd about it.

The Last Stand

I don't want to sound racist, but...
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There is a rumor going around some circles that the whole WOKE bullshit was introduced into activist groups during the time of Occupy Wall Street in 2011 because the elite were scared shitless of such an organic grassroots movement that was calling them out, and as such they weaseled the whole SJW thing into their groups in order to divide them in order to render them inert. Sadly, it worked.
The only reason elites and corporations are catering to the Woke Left is because of money.

What was the point of Occupy Wall Street? How did that start and why?

Odnovo

kiwifarms.net
The only reason elites and corporations are catering to the Woke Left is because of money.

What was the point of Occupy Wall Street? How did that start and why?
That is a reason, but not the reason.

To be honest, I was too busy living an extremely stressful life with a lot of personal bullshit at the time the protests were happening (not to mention it was almost exactly a decade ago) so as such I wasn't really paying as much attention to it in real time as I should have been. But it was pretty much a whole bunch of people screaming to the stock brokers and the companies on Wall Street that they weren't their friends or their allies, and that they were crooks that took all of the wealth from the 99% percent, along with a whole bunch of younger people who joined the mob mentality and were playing along (virtue signalling actually started here with the hand-drawn "WE ARE THE 99%" posters that people would take selfies with on social media, so in a way the whole SJW bullshit isn't to be blamed for the origin of that mindless social action, it merely hi-jacked it).

And now after a whole decade of subversion through the SJW bullshit, people are now screaming that the companies are now their friends and allies. Not everyone, but most people. I still don't know how they were able to pull that off, but they did. Almost impressive, to be honest.

The Last Stand

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So @Syaoran Li.

Any predictions on when and how it will all end?
He thought it would end around Trump's reelection. But with Coronavirus and that mob at the Capitol, who knows when. Best thing I could say is just wait until they eat their own with Biden's presidency or Harris puts her foot down.

Syaoran Li

The Fresh Prince of Mayberry
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

There could very well be some cosmic astrological things behind it as well, but that isn't my forte. It is really strange how it pretty much appeared out of the blue during 2012, though, and never really faded away. You'd think that it would. A lot of those whose brains have melted from it weren't anything like that prior to the cursed zeitgeist, either. That is the one thing that I thought was truly odd about it.

I honestly think OWS really did scare the elite and they decided to back the Woke Left and take them from the fringe to the forefront once they noticed all these perfect storm conditions that were there and the ones that were forming.

I think the elite was more reactive than proactive with the Woke Left but them using the earliest SJW's to subvert and bring down Occupy before it could fully centralize makes a lot of sense and it also could explain why it's kept going and gotten more powerful, the corporations that run this country want to keep it going so it doesn't turn on them.

The corporate elites saw all this dry timber lying around and figured if they were the ones to strike the match, they could control the blaze on their own terms.

mindlessobserver

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I am all but certain the woke left is a product of Soviet Active measures. Alot of their early thought leaders were avowed commies, and the entire structure of the ideology seems almost tailor made to tear apart any society it gains traction in.

Also note that Russia reacts with extreme violence at even a hint of an effort to import this shit into their own country.

The Last Stand

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The irony of the fringe Left fighting against American capitalism when they consume more brands than the average person.

Here's what I theorized: these riots that happen in these cities, it's so property values will eventually plummet and then they will gentrify. The people that cannot afford it will be kicked out or subsided into a segregated part of town.

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
One factor I think is just good old cynicism, I've noticed a lot of SJWs are people who used to be and in some ways still are really, really fucking bone deep cynical and Woke politics appeal to appeal who basically hate everyone and everything because Woke seems to reaffirm their worldview that everything is awful.

That extreme cynicism evolved over the course of the 1990s and 2000s and Woke politics is basically what you get when you combine cynicism with leftist identity politics.

So @Syaoran Li.

Any predictions on when and how it will all end?
I'm not seeing how this ends without some kind of war, especially after the Capital riot.

Either way we've got a while longer of this shit to put up with, I don't see the zeitgeist starting to change until 2022, 2023, 2024 sadly.

In case people are wondering where did the term "woke" originated, it came from a Netflix series called Dear White People. One of the characters would say "stay woke," the current year version of "Wake up!"

Before it was a Netflix series it was a movie filmed in 2013 and released in 2014, so it seems to be one of the earliest examples of the "woke" zeitgeist.

I love this photo from the original movie of ANGRY BLACK PEOPLE.
dear white people.jpg

On a side note, I knew back in 2014 we were headed for some dark days and sure enough I was right.

Michael Jacks0n

You know I'm bad, I'm bad.
kiwifarms.net
In case people are wondering where did the term "woke" originated, it came from a Netflix series called Dear White People. One of the characters would say "stay woke," the current year version of "Wake up!"

I've heard the term "woke" used since IIRC the early 2010's, and it was kind of used interchangeably between being a far-left IdPol spastic or being a brain-dead hippie (although both groups are related). "Woke" was essentially the Millennial equivalent to the Boomer/hippie term "aware", i.e. someone who decided to use drugs and expand their mind.

On social media I see plenty of people unironically refer to themselves as "woke", but they're part of the camp of being drug addicted hippies and conspiritards, whereas SJWs/IdPol lefties never actually call themselves "woke." I never see any SJW's openly saying they're woke, but rather people make fun of them in 3rd person by labeling them as being woke or woketards. The hippies, on the other hand, in my experiences are often apolitical and are just unemployed and constantly high on acid. They post cringey Facebook posts about unironic flat earth, fake moon landings, astrology, the Illuminati, and other inane babble with the hashtag #woke in it.

Powerleveling a bit here, but I used to be friends with kind of a crazy bitch a few years back who was very apolitical and very much not an SJW, then she fried her brains with drugs and became a crazy born again Christian. I still see her on social media, but we never talk. All day on Facebook she constantly shares these copypasta Boomer memes about astrology, other dimensions, karma, etc. and hashtags it with #woke. She never says anything anti or pro Trump, and instead just rambles inanely about the cosmos and god and whatever.

Last edited:

Drag-on Knight 91873

"Listen man, it's complicated."
kiwifarms.net
Powerleveling a bit here, but I used to be friends with kind of a crazy bitch a few years back who was very apolitical and very much not an SJW, then she fried her brains with drugs and became a crazy born again Christian. I still see her on social media, but we never talk. All day on Facebook she constantly shares these copypasta Boomer memes about astrology, other dimensions, karma, etc. and hashtags it with #woke. She never says anything anti or pro Trump, and instead just rambles inanely about the cosmos and god and whatever.
Joe Rogan?

Lemmingwise

The capture of the last white wizard decolorized
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Over the years, I've slowly realized it's actually all of the above.

Kumbaya, let's sit in a circle. Everybody is right!

It may be all of the above, but it definitely is some things more than others. Because it always is. Statistically you're never going to get 5 equally contributing causes and it is well worth it identifying which contributed the most.

Which are the strongest?

But prior to the Obama years, this was all largely confined to the fringe

Yes, things that grow over time need vacuums to grow towards. This is as true when Rome fell and islam started to fill its place south of the regions we now call france and italy.

Culturally that is no different. With the decline of the religious right as both media and higher education steer people away from that, the vacuum is filled. It's a cultural revolution.

The things they stand for, very young age of indoctrination of homosexuality, transgenderism, that happens because it is part of their religious/cultural tenets. The religious right wants you to sing songs about jesus and that you belong to a higher plan. The progressive left wants to talk about how to lose your anal virginity and that you may not even be a boy or girl.

Revolutions happen all the time. There are still people that think there will be a back to normal after covid. But we just experienced another revolution. There will be a before covid and an after when read from history books in 2050.

Same thing with sexual revolution. Yes it's valuable to examine, but the genie doesn't get put back.

Is it really a surprise that cultural movements become mainstream when voted into the white house?

I've heard the term "woke" used since IIRC the early 2010's, and it was kind of used interchangeably between being a far-left IdPol spastic or being a brain-dead hippie (although both groups are related). "Woke" was essentially the Millennial equivalent to the Boomer/hippie term "aware", i.e. someone who decided to use

Earliest in public usage if woke was Erykah Badu song:

But it probably existed for a couple of years before 2005 as vernacular among african americans. Before that it apparently existed as a term in the 1940s.

The Last Stand

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
And now they pay the price for it when if they cared a decade earlier, law and order would still function.
Again, the 10s seemed optimistic at the time. And they started that way. Politics was mainly boring in the sense that they didn't have long term ramifications for the average person.

Even with the woke Left planting the seeds in influence, they were segmented to just academia and some social media.

With the media, they took legitimate issues like Travyon Martin and OWS and stretched it out as far as they could go.

I actually BLAME the media for the cause of the woke Left. You're supposed to trust news as giving you the facts first before passing judgment.

Doom and gloom

Professional tard wrangler.
kiwifarms.net
Kumbaya, let's sit in a circle. Everybody is right!

It may be all of the above, but it definitely is some things more than others. Because it always is. Statistically you're never going to get 5 equally contributing causes and it is well worth it identifying which contributed the most.

Which are the strongest?

Yes, things that grow over time need vacuums to grow towards. This is as true when Rome fell and islam started to fill its place south of the regions we now call france and italy.

Culturally that is no different. With the decline of the religious right as both media and higher education steer people away from that, the vacuum is filled. It's a cultural revolution.

The things they stand for, very young age of indoctrination of homosexuality, transgenderism, that happens because it is part of their religious/cultural tenets. The religious right wants you to sing songs about jesus and that you belong to a higher plan. The progressive left wants to talk about how to lose your anal virginity and that you may not even be a boy or girl.

Revolutions happen all the time. There are still people that think there will be a back to normal after covid. But we just experienced another revolution. There will be a before covid and an after when read from history books in 2050.

Same thing with sexual revolution. Yes it's valuable to examine, but the genie doesn't get put back.

Is it really a surprise that cultural movements become mainstream when voted into the white house?
Never understood why people say this, but how come everyone always claims that the genie cannot be put back? What's realistically stopping them? What's stopping a strong rise of another fascistic regime like Hitler that stops all this? People listen to power. We have just witnessed everyone blindly following along with the covid hoax where everyone just gives away their liberties and freedoms because the government says so.