The Outer Worlds - Obsidian's new game, like Borderlands meets Fallout: New Vegas

• Apologies for the site issues. The server's shipment was delayed. I'll ask again about it and if they can't provide it I'll source another.

SiccDicc

The Defenestrator
kiwifarms.net
At least it was replaced with a limerick about people being too sensitive.
True, but Sawyer has been going through early stages of TDS. He already retweets Antifa. The more he hangs around and follows those kinds of people the worse it'll get as time goes on. What once was him 4 years ago is hardly the same now. He also retweeted a Kotaku article about how better the industry would be if it followed the practices of a company that has no bosses and everyone is paid the same -- never mind that different work requires different skill which requires different incentives.

It's not like I'm expecting much from this game anyways, so this could easily be the cynic in me speaking to assume the worst, the more I watch that trailer the more I feel cringe towards it. I really don't think I'll be allowed to work for the corporation in it because I'm getting sick of seeing the goofball rebels. Shit, I'm getting too old for this... maybe I should just pick up golf as my new hobby.

Your Weird Fetish

Intersectional fetishist
kiwifarms.net
True, but Sawyer has been going through early stages of TDS. He already retweets Antifa. The more he hangs around and follows those kinds of people the worse it'll get as time goes on. What once was him 4 years ago is hardly the same now. He also retweeted a Kotaku article about how better the industry would be if it followed the practices of a company that has no bosses and everyone is paid the same -- never mind that different work requires different skill which requires different incentives.

It's not like I'm expecting much from this game anyways, so this could easily be the cynic in me speaking to assume the worst, the more I watch that trailer the more I feel cringe towards it. I really don't think I'll be allowed to work for the corporation in it because I'm getting sick of seeing the goofball rebels. Shit, I'm getting too old for this... maybe I should just pick up golf as my new hobby.
Perhaps being woke doesn't make one go broke. Perhaps going woke is just a maladaptive coping mechanism to existing failures.

Done

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They're using the Unreal 4 Engine, for a start meaning that sinking money into either developing an engine or paying an eye watering license fee is gone, they just have to give Epic their 5% cut on the end sales profits.
If they release on Epic's launcher, they can sell whatever copies on there while being subsidized.

I have a feeling they will do that at some point.

• Thunk-Provoking
  • Optimistic
Reactions: Slap47 and mrdk_04

Stoneheart

kiwifarms.net
Why do they insist upon mixing things I hate with things I love?

Dunno, Obsidian isn't really all that great in my opinion. New Vegas was kinda like Majoras mask, brilliance created by a rush schedule where people just spitballed while working with a brilliant guy full of passion.
they never made a bad game, so why shoudl they start to bioware now?

SiccDicc

The Defenestrator
kiwifarms.net
they never made a bad game, so why shoudl they start to bioware now?
Tyranny was lackluster and it was hardly Overlord. Pillar of Eternity 2 was also a mixed bag if I'm not mistaken. To me they have been getting worse over time.

And I used to be a huge Obsidian fanboy, but I still see the writing on the wall, though. New blood aren't anywhere near as talented as the old was and it's basically Baby Boomers replacing the Silent Generation.

BALLZ-BROKEN

double dippin' DHS
kiwifarms.net
This is the same guy that 16 or so years ago, allegedly cucked Richard "Lowtax" Kyanka with his then fiancee, Emily "Integral" Riegel. And Sawyer still has his SA Forums account AFAIK.

And that Kotaku business plan might work if you're running an Indie Studio / Adult day care for trust fund Portlandites who are working on their first release, a pixel art themed fart huffing simulator. And speaking of degeneracy..

Perhaps being woke doesn't make one go broke. Perhaps going woke is just a maladaptive coping mechanism to existing failures.
The only reason people get "woke" is because they believe it gives them some sort of absolution for being a vacuous and debased loser. Kinda like a drug addict who kicked the habit thru JAYSUS while in the pen, only 100 times more insufferable and self-righteous.

Agent of Z.O.G.

kiwifarms.net
he more I watch that trailer the more I feel cringe towards it
I like the more I read about the game the more I ask why they even bothered making it when everything looks more and more like a lazy attempt at copying Bethesda Fallout instead of actually making a 3d RPG game that's actually playable.

Especially when I read that interview where they say the combat won't be as good as Call of Duty's. Like nigga what the fuck, Peekaboo Simulator 2007-2018+ doesn't have good singleplayer.

Last edited:

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm not going to even consider buying it until I see the consensus, because I'm expecting shit products from anyone tied to Bethesda at this fucking point. Even then, it doesn't help I don't like Borderlands at all either and this just seems to be that but with even lamer humor.

SiccDicc

The Defenestrator
kiwifarms.net
I'm not going to even consider buying it until I see the consensus, because I'm expecting shit products from anyone tied to Bethesda at this fucking point. Even then, it doesn't help I don't like Borderlands at all either and this just seems to be that but with even lamer humor.
The only good thing is their emphatic denial of microtransactions. Yet that still ain't enough.

Last edited:

Ginger Piglet

Fictional Manhunt Survivor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I saw the trailer recently. It does remind me in a way of the original Fallout. Also I note that the people responsible seem to be Tim Cain (who did the original Fallout) and Leonard Boyarsky (who was responsible for VTMB). So I will probably get it because the original two Fallouts are still the best and VTMB was a classic that was hamstrung by Activision.

Tags
None