The /pol/ Theory of Beta Male Facial Expressions -

Coffee Druid

Your friendly caffeinated chevalier
kiwifarms.net
I guess one of the reasons they do this face is because they think “pretending to be excited” actually equals being exciting. When it never works. One thing that also bothers me is it’s not even “excited”. The corners of the mouth or brows don’t turn up in a happy way. There is no sense of movement like it was caught in a genuine way. It’s merely them opening their mouth, stiff and slack jawed. Also in a lot of them their teeth barely show if at all. This all wraps up into a neat bundle of “dumb”.

AnOminous

So what?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Also in a lot of them their teeth barely show if at all.
This is why the /pol/ chimp theory is bullshit. The genuine grimace shows teeth, and that's it's point. In a genuine smile, you'll see these and it's done unconsciously. The soy grimace is simulated, and just vaguely imitates the general facial expression of enthusiasm, while missing the nuances. This is part of why the bugman face is so fucking annoying, because you can tell it's someone acting like a jackass on purpose.

It's also why it's fallen out of favor, because people have been cyberbullied so much for doing it.

StraightShooter2

kiwifarms.net
Serious response: I don't buy into minutiae like this; while there are books on "body language" and similar common themes in body language across cultures; the reality is that body language is only a tiny part of the overall package and nothing akin to an "exact" science; with all kinds of other factors, both "seen" and "unseen" playing into people's behavior, interactions, etc.

Other than broad, general principles such as "acting confident" is better than "acting needy", "doing something productive to change things is better than whining and doing nothing". or axioms like that, I find that most "advice" of this category (e.x. PUA) stuff is unhelpful and just preys on the stupid and gullible, as well as the narcissism of many of the "authors" of this type of advice (who want to sell the idea that they're some legendary "Casanova" who has invented the "perfect" system, when in reality, a lot of it is just vague, generic, cliched pieces of "advice" wrapped up in big words and complicated "systems" to make it stand out).

I'm sure a lot of the beta males who post on /pol/ will interpret it in a way similar to how Russell Greer would in regards to his "spray tans", and start to believe that if you "smile" in the "right" way at the "right" time, you'll be able to get supermodels and pop stars to invite you home for sex orgies.

Last edited:

Getting tard comed

kiwifarms.net
Serious response: I don't buy into minutiae like this; while there are books on "body language" and similar common themes in body language across cultures; the reality is that body language is only a tiny part of the overall package and nothing akin to an "exact" science; with all kinds of other factors, both "seen" and "unseen" playing into people's behavior, interactions, etc.

Other than broad, general principles such as "acting confident" is better than "acting needy", "doing something productive to change things is better than whining and doing nothing". or axioms like that, I find that most "advice" of this category (e.x. PUA) stuff is unhelpful and just preys on the stupid and gullible, as well as the narcissism of many of the "authors" of this type of advice (who want to sell the idea that they're some legendary "Casanova" who has invented the "perfect" system, when in reality, a lot of it is just vague, generic, cliched pieces of "advice" wrapped up in big words and complicated "systems" to make it stand out).

I'm sure a lot of the beta males who post on /pol/ will interpret it in a way similar to how Russell Greer would in regards to his "spray tans", and start to believe that if you "smile" in the "right" way at the "right" time, you'll be able to get supermodels and pop stars to invite you home for sex orgies.
Idk, body language is a majority of communication between people. Theres a whole lot that gets picked up non verbally, and often subconsciously. It might be more important than you think.

Problem with this, that PUA stuff works. Obviously there are spergs who fail at it like certain people fail at anything but the actual tenets of it are effective in what they are trying to do.

Call it autistic, you don't have to like it but it's largely accurate. Read The Game and do the challenge when lockdown is over. It'll surprise you.

EcoLibertarian

Have a nice day
kiwifarms.net
Idk, body language is a majority of communication between people. Theres a whole lot that gets picked up non verbally, and often subconsciously. It might be more important than you think.

Problem with this, that PUA stuff works. Obviously there are spergs who fail at it like certain people fail at anything but the actual tenets of it are effective in what they are trying to do.

Call it autistic, you don't have to like it but it's largely accurate. Read The Game and do the challenge when lockdown is over. It'll surprise you.
i think PUAs are spergs but I think that men need to be more stoic and serious. if you're with your gf or whatever it makes sense to be goofy and have a good time but you shouldn't do that all the time. emotional vulnerability is good to an extent.. but when you spill your guts to everyone you meet you end up looking like a faggot. in business, education, and with people you're not familiar with, stay stoic. helps in the long run. with your SO, family, close friends, goof off, it's natural... but the soyboys goof off all the time, and the worst part is they're not goofy by nature.. they fake happiness to make people want to be near them, althought that has the opposite effect.

StraightShooter2

kiwifarms.net

PUA is just about hooking up/causal sex (kind of like about how to ace the perfect job interview, even if you have little to anything to offer the company after you get your foot in the door); I doubt that most teenagers who have "hooked up" have ever read a PUA book, so it obviously isn't something "super secret" that only some "super duper macho alpha player" who wrote a book knows.

I have hooked up many times in the past, and don't find that most of the "PUA stuff" is very helpful, beyond basic stuff such as "don't be needy, be confident, have other things going on in your life besides meeting girls, don't whine about girls rejecting you because you're a 'nice guy", etc - a lot of which you could find in more "vanilla" (such as books on people skills for the workplace, business, management, etc) - the weird parts about "reps, sets", and stupid jargon dictionaries is where it gets incredibly stupid).

Not to mention that there is a lot going on behind the scenes other than the "body language" or other minutia (this includes the other person that one is trying to "pick up" or date, such as their own personal lives, past relationships, life goals, and priorities, their other dating options), etc.

It's similar to the mindsets behind "high pressure sales", that if you just find the perfect "trick", you can make anyone buy anything from you, and if they say "no", there's always another "trick" to try; the reality is that some people will just say "no" for all kinds of reasons that go above and beyond minute stuff like "body language" and you can't force them to do anything other than maybe at gunpoint.

If anything, this mindset is similar to the one behind idiots like Russell Greer, who apparently think they if a woman isn't interested, it's just because she hasn't realized he's a "stud" yet, and that if he sends them 100 texts or IM posts, he'll eventually convince her, instead of getting slapped with a cyberstalking charge.

Last edited:

A Warm Cup of Covfefe

Twerking for the lord, inshallah
kiwifarms.net
If anything, this mindset is similar to the one behind idiots like Russell Greer, who apparently think they if a woman isn't interested, it's just because she hasn't realized he's a "stud" yet, and that if he sends them 100 texts or IM posts, he'll eventually convince her, instead of getting slapped with a cyberstalking charge.
w-w-wait, that's not how you're supposed to do it?

Tags
None