The Ramen thread, instant noodles and the like -

Country Matters

That's a fair thought to lie between maids' legs
kiwifarms.net
When I make ramen, I usually go for Maruchan because it's what the grocery store sells.

I like to put half water, half broth for the base, when I have broth, and then at the end the spice packet that comes with it. But I always put in some garlic powder, and a little onion powder. Helps spice things up, and I fucking love garlic.

Some JERK

Takin' all the pretty girls.
kiwifarms.net
spicy peanut sauce. 3 Tbsp peanut butter (natural is best), 1 tbsp oil, 1 tbsp hot sauce, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp sugar, 1 tsp lime juice. mix that shit up, then slowly add and mix in water (or coconut tard cum) until it's thin and slightly runny (it'll thicken up in the fridge). Put a 3-4 Tbsps of that on some drained ramen.

It sounds crazy and like it wouldn't be good at all, but it is. Do it.

R.A.E.L.

Sugarbaby
kiwifarms.net
I haven't had ramen in a while, but I typically buy Maruchan's chicken flavor. I use bouillon cubes instead of the stock they give you. Their yakisoba is pretty good too.

On the occasion when I have Nissin cup noodles, I remove the corn.

Last edited:

melty

Proudly sponsored by Mike Bloomberg for president
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have tried lots of instant ramen and I still like maruchan best, it's sort of a comfort food I guess.
My favorite way is with a little spicy mayo or sour cream to make it kind of creamy.
I also use it to make ramen burger buns. if you've not had them, they are really easy and brilliant.
My recipe: cook one package of ramen, cool the noodles off a bit and add in one egg and some spices if you like. I usually don't add the whole packet.
Mix in the egg and grab a muffin pan, distribute the noodles and refrigerate it for 1-2 hours.
Pour a couple of tablespoons of oil into a nonstick skillet and put the patties in, flatten them a bit with a spatula and cook til golden brown.
I of course make my own burger patties so I recommend that, and I think they are really good with spicy mayo. I don't put too many toppings on, they are good enough already.

c-no

Duck
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
While I did mention in another thread disliking instant ramen, I did note that Mi Goreng brand of noodles is one I enjoy. Albeit, I should of went easy on the stuff back then since eating it too often could make it more bland. Also enjoyed a sort of instant pho that came with it's own sriracha sauce. Got another brand of pho from a Vietnamese market I went to last week with my dad. Need to try that out later and see how it compares to the one that came with its own sriracha sauce.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I can't think of any specific brands, but I know what they look like when I see them. Most of the reason ramen is shit is it's deep fried in coconut oil and other tropical oils that are just 90%+ saturated fat. They're also cheap, shitty oils, that's why they can charge so little. So if you can start with baked or freeze dried noodles, then add back the fat with flavoring with sesame oil or garlic oil, they're just a lot better. These are usually much, much more expensive in packets, but you can buy the dry noodles by themselves in bulk and make more restaurant style ramen.

Bagronkleton

kiwifarms.net
Pretty low key here with ramen. Sometimes a small spoon of peanut butter and other times an egg or two. My usual go to is soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, and a hearty glob of Ghost pepper or Carolina Reaper sauce to give it that extra burning kick going in and out!

Reactions: ASoulMan

ASoulMan

It's time for assembly...FROM HELL!!!
kiwifarms.net
My favorite instant ramen flavors are chicken, shrimp, and chili. Sometimes I incorporate the cooked noodles and chicken seasoning into eggs to make a breakfast stir fry. I even made mac and cheese with ramen instead of actual macaroni. My best use of instant ramen though was when I made beef flavored ramen with dropped eggs and fried bacon-flavored Spam.

Reactions: cumrobbery

Jaded Optimist

Me love you long time
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Shin ramyun is amazing. Good amount of spice compared to most labeled "spicy". I usually throw in a whole raw egg when I add the water, it cooks just enough by the time the soup is done. If I have mushrooms or cooked meat I'll throw that in as well.

Usually I cook it about 30 seconds less then instructed because I like firm noodles.

• Feels
Reactions: DatBepisTho

melty

Proudly sponsored by Mike Bloomberg for president
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That /ck/ chart is overall good but why add tard cum? Sour cream and mayo are better imo

• Agree
Reactions: Country Matters

AssRock

Probably drunk
kiwifarms.net
I like to boil up some miso with chicken stock (really easy to make, just boil the fuck out of a chicken carcass) with sushi nori, green onion, mushrooms, a little bit of soy sauce, freshly grated ginger, some garlic, and chopped Thai chilis.

Shin Ramyun and Mama make some of the better instant ramen though, I used to live off of Shin Ramyun and the ilk. Nongshim's Creamy Tom Yum is supposedly really good too.

Reactions: Recoil

Lipitor

huh?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Shin ramyun is amazing. Good amount of spice compared to most labeled "spicy". I usually throw in a whole raw egg when I add the water, it cooks just enough by the time the soup is done. If I have mushrooms or cooked meat I'll throw that in as well.

Usually I cook it about 30 seconds less then instructed because I like firm noodles.
Have you tried the "Fire Noodle Challenge"?

That /ck/ chart is overall good but why add tard cum? Sour cream and mayo are better imo
yea, it's for poorfags.

Tags
None