The Ramen thread, instant noodles and the like

KaibaCorp ToeSucker

Seto Kaiba plz let me suck on your toes!
kiwifarms.net
8122sqm9jLL._SL1500_.jpg
I had one of these this week. Picked it up on a whim and it was fucking DELICIOUS.
Way better than maruchan or top ramen tbh.
Come to think of it, I think I only like the cup ramen's. The packets usually get soggy and make me want to throw up.

Titos

Too drunk to make good posts
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2095899
I had one of these this week. Picked it up on a whim and it was fucking DELICIOUS.
Way better than maruchan or top ramen tbh.
Come to think of it, I think I only like the cup ramen's. The packets usually get soggy and make me want to throw up.
I've had pretty much all the flavors of that brand and yeah they're pretty damn great. Though having the Tonkotsu one the second time made me sick, but might have just been a bad batch.

NyQuilninja

drink me
kiwifarms.net
1618723767962.png

Nissin Raoh Ramen Noodle Umami Tonkotsu pork bowls hard to find in the wild but worth it
1618723873610.png

Nissin Cup Noodles Stir Fry Hot Garlic Chicken Flavor
Is really good
1618724013948.png

Maruchan Gold Soy Sauce​

The best base for do it your self raman bowls........
An old favorite the spicy shrimp bowl 1618724134131.png
Lastly an under rated mixer
1618724485686.png

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
lol fist of the north star

saw a megapack of tonkatsu-flavored ramen at costco today, thought for a minute or two about getting it, but really a giant fucking pork loin, some shitty noodles, and tokatsu sauce would probably cost about the same and have a lot more real food

NyQuilninja

drink me
kiwifarms.net
lol fist of the north star

saw a megapack of tonkatsu-flavored ramen at costco today, thought for a minute or two about getting it, but really a giant fucking pork loin, some shitty noodles, and tokatsu sauce would probably cost about the same and have a lot more real food
Sure a real homemade ramen bowl would be tits compared to a processed prepackaged ramen insta bow. I only mentioned it because of the high quality of it despite being prepackaged

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sure a real homemade ramen bowl would be tits compared to a processed prepackaged ramen insta bow. I only mentioned it because of the high quality of it despite being prepackaged
oh yeah it was sore tempting
I'm just way broke these days

murdered meat bag

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, we'll see what happens when they come out the other end.

Doubt I'll be so tough then! :P
I don't know if there's a spicy thread but if you eat enough hot stuff your ass stops burning and you have loose watery stools as your colon is constantly enflamed and doesn't work right.

i like shin ramen with the noodles undercooked a bit. that spicy chicken ramen is pretty good, they make a sausage and sell just the sauce too. Maruchan is ok. not bad for 60 cents.

Last edited:

Stasi

kiwifarms.net
I keep hoping to find cup noodle curry in the UK but they don't seem to be stocked anywhere, not even asian markets (at least where I live). I had these almost every day when I was in Japan and they are amazing. Literally a mixture of the two greatest things - ramen and Japanese curry.
cRamen_curry.jpg
Also a big fan of the Thai Mama noodles (especially the pork ones). They are super cheap and with a couple of extra ingredients you can make a decent meal of them

Cool Dog

No longer a dog, still cool
kiwifarms.net
I keep hoping to find cup noodle curry in the UK but they don't seem to be stocked anywhere, not even asian markets (at least where I live). I had these almost every day when I was in Japan and they are amazing. Literally a mixture of the two greatest things - ramen and Japanese curry.
View attachment 2121404
Also a big fan of the Thai Mama noodles (especially the pork ones). They are super cheap and with a couple of extra ingredients you can make a decent meal of them
Weird, you would think the indians and pakis there would love this

Oh Long Johnson

Look Silky, he done pulled out a whip
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Got this bad boy at the local ching-chong market:

1623018051381.png

Nice noodles. The sauce was a bit short on the scallion but it definitely brought the heat. The chili oil didn't smell all that powerful in the packet but it definitely had a numbing peppercorn heat. Best packet of fried onions I've ever had with any instant noodle.

fnaarf

world's first ethical femcel
kiwifarms.net
The only place that carries cheese flavored cup noodles is Amazon nowadays, I don't understand what happened. That shit was like my cocaine growing up, I could eat three in a row.

Lately though living in an area with a big Asian population means that my local store has carried some interesting instant ramen. Theres one particular one, I think Nongshim Veggie that's incredibly good. Not even spicy, but just depth of flavor. Plus I love mushrooms and it's got a bunch of mushrooms.

MembersSchoolPizza

Sworn Brother of the Cult of Browning
kiwifarms.net
Local asian market had a sale on these when I was there the other day, down to a buck a pop. I grabbed all they had left. It's one of my favorites. It's a very subtle flavor, not overpowering or even very strong, but I love it.

a764e54b-465a-4e51-beca-4085c22cbea4_2.5c33ed820d1f7bf92d96387c4bc2e7fc.jpeg

Also found these...

91OWLfvX1OL._SX385_.jpg

Black Pepper Crab flavor. Almost no crab flavor, really, but the broth is this delicious sweet heat of black pepper and just the faintest hint of seafood-sweet.

I'll second the above suggestion for the Curry flavored cup noodles, with the additional advice that you use less water than they call for, make the broth nice and curry-thick, rather than soupy. Still, quite delicious. And yes, the RAOH line of noodles are good, too.