The Ramen thread, instant noodles and the like

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

A Grey Cat

Meow
kiwifarms.net
Found a bone broth favor sold by nongshim. It costs a little more than usual ramen packs but it's marketed as a premium label. And yeah with two different soup base packets and dried veggies it's actually pretty good. All it needs is a boiled egg and some sliced meats and that... Swirly thing (what not a weeb idk what it's called) and it wouldn't be too different from a real ramen bowl sold in a restaurant

Solar Eclipse Paradox

Niggers from Achernar
kiwifarms.net
Got this bad boy at the local ching-chong market:

View attachment 2237934

Nice noodles. The sauce was a bit short on the scallion but it definitely brought the heat. The chili oil didn't smell all that powerful in the packet but it definitely had a numbing peppercorn heat. Best packet of fried onions I've ever had with any instant noodle.
Whenever noodles have sauce with blood red or pure black, I know it's gonna be good.

Jaded Optimist

Me Love You Long Time
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I just made something amazingly delicious, samyang spicy cheese noodles with cheddar cheese and leftover chili mixed it.

Kiryu DIO

Be retarded, do drugs and shit, praise DIO
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Seafood ramen tastes fucking good.

Jaded Optimist

Me Love You Long Time
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Found this flavour of samyang in China town. I'd never seen it before, so I bought it. It's my new favorite. Tons of flavour, nice amount of heat, just crazy good all around. The powder is a cheese mix which really hold up, and the sauce pack is very tomato-y with basil and parsley.
71KsxAovAoL._AC_SX522_.jpg

Narendra Modi

The dragon of shitma
kiwifarms.net
Loved the Samyang black spicy noodles if weren't for the fact it was too fucking spicy that my face was red

Kiryu DIO

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I tried some Nissin Tonkotsu instant ramen the other day and I honestly can't handle the smell when I add the oil pack, way too potent for my tastes. Still a great brand though!

Jaded Optimist

Me Love You Long Time
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I went to pick up some more tomato Samyang, but they didn't have any. They did have a bunch of other ones though (carbonara, curry, etc) and 2 types I hadn't seen before (black bean and kimchi). I grabbed the black bean, but haven't tried it yet.
Edit: black bean? More like disappointing bean. Probably nice with an egg though.
I tried some Nissin Tonkotsu instant ramen the other day and I honestly can't handle the smell when I add the oil pack, way too potent for my tastes. Still a great brand though!
Mmm...they are so good though.

Last edited:

Stasi

kiwifarms.net
Had Samyang today for the first time since everyone in the thread is raving about them. I had the 2x spicy. I like the noodles and the flavour was good but they were a little too spicy. I'd eat them again but definitely when no one else is around, I don't want people seeing me with snot running down my nose and tears in my eyes. I also prefer soup with my noodles so prefer shin ramyun to these.

I also got a black pack of Samyang which I'll have tomorrow. I think black is the regular one? If its more spicy than the 2x I'm going to fucking die.

Haram Exercise

Two months sober (for real this time)
kiwifarms.net
Had Samyang today for the first time since everyone in the thread is raving about them. I had the 2x spicy. I like the noodles and the flavour was good but they were a little too spicy. I'd eat them again but definitely when no one else is around, I don't want people seeing me with snot running down my nose and tears in my eyes. I also prefer soup with my noodles so prefer shin ramyun to these.

I also got a black pack of Samyang which I'll have tomorrow. I think black is the regular one? If its more spicy than the 2x I'm going to fucking die.
I really like the samyang noodles but the 2x heat is too much. My favorite is the pink carbo pack and brown buldok curry. They have decent heat but wont set your mouth or butthole on fire.

winterfag

Daddy Fujoshi
kiwifarms.net
Glad to see a lot of Samyang love in this thread, I didn't see much about it last time I browsed! I've only just recently gotten into it after running out of Shin Ramyun, starting out with the curry flavor and then hot chicken. Definitely prefer the former, I usually struggle to eat a pack of ramen in one setting but I slurped down every bowl of those curry noodles every time I made them. Whenever I make beef tenderloin I have some of its leftovers with that ramen the next day. So fucking good. Next time I order some I'm trying carbo but I'm sure curry's gonna be a mainstay once I've tried some others

Kiryu DIO

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Glad to see a lot of Samyang love in this thread, I didn't see much about it last time I browsed! I've only just recently gotten into it after running out of Shin Ramyun, starting out with the curry flavor and then hot chicken. Definitely prefer the former, I usually struggle to eat a pack of ramen in one setting but I slurped down every bowl of those curry noodles every time I made them. Whenever I make beef tenderloin I have some of its leftovers with that ramen the next day. So fucking good. Next time I order some I'm trying carbo but I'm sure curry's gonna be a mainstay once I've tried some others
I never got to try Samyang since I don't want to feel like my anus is bleeding, but I'll remember to pick up a pack the next time I visit the grocer!

winterfag

Daddy Fujoshi
kiwifarms.net
I never got to try Samyang since I don't want to feel like my anus is bleeding, but I'll remember to pick up a pack the next time I visit the grocer!
As a general word of advice for ramen I suggest starting off with half of the sauce pack/power, if you're not used to this sort of spicy stuff. And just crank it up to the full packet once you're used to it. I'm sure it's clear enough in the thread but don't jump straight into the 2x versions of flavors, but otherwise you should be fine! Even the noodles themselves taste so much better than any other instant brand I've had, so you can't go wrong if you start off with a milder flavor

Cardenio

*YAWN*
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Nongshim Shin Black Noodle soup is actually pretty damn solid Ramen. Especially if you cook it on the stove.

That's the only Ramen you'll find in my pantry.

Haram Exercise

Two months sober (for real this time)
kiwifarms.net
Had this for dinner, found this bowl at a mexican grocery store in my town. Surprisingly very good. Good shrimp flavor and good heat, not overly hot.

Attachments

• tapatio ramen.png
    tapatio ramen.png
    436.4 KB · Views: 23