The Ramen thread, instant noodles and the like

• Registration without invitation will be until July 4th, and we are reforming account penalties.

MalwareBytes has, again, blocked both the .net and .cc domains for the Kiwi Farms. Complain to them, not me.

Funny Valentine

"Dio Brando" was taken.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It is pretty ok.
Slight milky cheesy taste with a nice but short lasting heat level. A half boiled egg may enchance the taste. Bought the 2x version (the red pack with a bomb) and waiting a chance to try.

Add chopped peppers to it to make it better :smug:
I added some shredded gouda to the noodles when they were done and it tasted pretty good, and I never had a half-boiled egg before.. any advice to make some without fucking it up?

Genichiro

kiwifarms.net
I added some shredded gouda to the noodles when they were done and it tasted pretty good, and I never had a half-boiled egg before.. any advice to make some without fucking it up?
Boil water until it bubbles, add egg and time it (1 min - 2 mins). Remove, cool egg in cold water then crack above noodles or in a separate bowl if unsure egg is cooked to your liking.

Runny eggs go well with ramen in my opinion ; chunkier egg whites don't really complement the dish.

Funny Valentine

"Dio Brando" was taken.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Boil water until it bubbles, add egg and time it (1 min - 2 mins). Remove, cool egg in cold water then crack above noodles or in a separate bowl if unsure egg is cooked to your liking.

Runny eggs go well with ramen in my opinion ; chunkier egg whites don't really complement the dish.
I usually just crack an egg into the broth when the noodles are at least 80% done, stir it around and do whatever. Egg drop soup noodles are pretty good for when you don't have that many ingredients.

NyQuilninja

drink me
kiwifarms.net
My new favorite
1627788541185.png

ChonkyNeko

oh lawd she comin
kiwifarms.net
For a UK treat, here's my favorite: Adding Brown Sauce to Chicken and Mushroom noodles. I'm not sure if it works with other flavors but for me it works very well with Chicken and Mushroom.
1628231775937.png
11345-0w470h470_Brown_Sauce.jpg

As for my favorite type of ramen, pork tonkotsu.

91ooihxAx2L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Funny Valentine

"Dio Brando" was taken.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
For a UK treat, here's my favorite: Adding Brown Sauce to Chicken and Mushroom noodles. I'm not sure if it works with other flavors but for me it works very well with Chicken and Mushroom.
View attachment 2417788
11345-0w470h470_Brown_Sauce.jpg

As for my favorite type of ramen, pork tonkotsu.

91ooihxAx2L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
They sell nissin noodles at my local grocer but not the black garlic oil ones from what I remember. :/

Satina

kiwifarms.net
My absolute favorite are Korean Ramyun ramen. The package is about 50% bigger than normal ramen, the noodles are thicker and more firm to the bite. Usually boil them for 5 mins, put 1 or 2 eggs in it and either add meat or veggies.

ramyun.jpg

Funny Valentine

"Dio Brando" was taken.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My absolute favorite are Korean Ramyun ramen. The package is about 50% bigger than normal ramen, the noodles are thicker and more firm to the bite. Usually boil them for 5 mins, put 1 or 2 eggs in it and either add meat or veggies.

View attachment 2419228
I love those!! I remember getting a whole pack of the Soon kind and it was just really good!

Clown College

You ain't about shit and your hair ain't neither!
kiwifarms.net
If your noodles don't come with little packets of fried onion, sweet soy sauce and hot sauce, you need to step up your game.

001628374-webp.2484394
I sort of agree with this and disagree at the same time. Mi Goreng gets old real fast. For my money Lucky Me Paancit Canton is still your best bet.

I've considered putting canned tuna or salmon with some of those spicy korean noodles before.
I've had several Korean roommates and every one has eaten shin ramyun with trashy processed meats (spam, hot dogs, etc) and kraft singles as a comfort food. never with canned fish though. It dates back to the Korean war when a lot of Koreans had to make do with crappy American processed foods leftover from the military as their main source of protein. There's even a stew called budae jjigae (army stew) thats like a mix of American shit with native Korean ingredients

Alexander Thaut

Viva Venezuela!
kiwifarms.net
I've had several Korean roommates and every one has eaten shin ramyun with trashy processed meats (spam, hot dogs, etc) and kraft singles as a comfort food. never with canned fish though. It dates back to the Korean war when a lot of Koreans had to make do with crappy American processed foods leftover from the military as their main source of protein. There's even a stew called budae jjigae (army stew) thats like a mix of American shit with native Korean ingredients
budae jigae is pretty decent tbh.

ofc it's probably an acquired taste but you can dump veggies into it. Canned tuna is a thing that's tossed into omelets and other comfort foods throughout Asia asfaik too.