The Ramen thread, instant noodles and the like

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

Kiryu DIO

Be retarded, do drugs and shit, praise DIO
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Does it have veggie taste i love the veggie tasting ones
I looked it up and I found results for this, so I'm not exactly too sure.
bowl_noodle_svn_01-1_1200x1200.jpg

The golden neckbeard

Web 1.0 Archaeologist and Professor of Goon study
kiwifarms.net
Zzo3V2v.jpg

This right here was my life for a little while a few months back. I really wish these didn't fuck your digestive system up though.

Lived off this shit in my 20's after the army

Usual shopping list

1 x Chuck Steak ($8)
2 Dozen Eggs
Box of Ramen
Pack of mexican cheese
Several loafs of bread

The ramen was always special and unique because there is a thousand things you can do with it. You know you could get 30 bricks for a $1 back then.

My favorite is throw the flavor packet away.

Crack an egg in it. Use cheese, pepper maybe a bit of salt, and taco bell sauce. Amazing and filling meal. Pair it with some buttered bread and its amazing in my opinion
ramen_taco bell_egg.jpg

Most of the time i would subsitce of Ramen, eggs or a combination thereof and once a week i would break out the Chuck steak...Usually Saturday because Sunday's were my fast food day. Breakfasts were always eggs or granola bars

Life was incredibly meagre in my 20's as i recall it but I ate on less than $35 a week because i couldn't go out and drink beer if i didn't ration everything else. I didn't make enough money to do both.. Things like Butter and salt shakers i outright stole from Wendy's and shit.

I would bet this same haul of food cost's $75 now including the fast food sunday meal

Edit: Also boiling your ramen in Red bull is something else.

Last edited:

Hiram Clarke Hustler

kiwifarms.net
Lived off this shit in my 20's

Usual shopping list

1 x Chuck Steak ($8)
2 Dozen Eggs
Box of Ramen
Pack of mexican cheese
Several loafs of bread

The ramen was always special and unique because there is a thousand things you can do with it. You know you could get 30 bricks for a $1 back then.

Crack an egg in it. Use cheese, pepper maybe a bit of salt, and taco bell sauce. Amazing and filling meal. Pair it with some buttered bread and its amazing in my opinionView attachment 2616834

Most of the time i would subsitce of Ramen, eggs or a combination thereof and once a week i would break out the Chuck steak...Usually Saturday because Sunday's were my fast food day. Breakfasts were always eggs or granola bars

Life was incredibly meagre in my 20's as i recall it but I ate on less than $35 a week because i couldn't go out and drink beer if i didn't ration everything else. I didn't make enough money to do both.. Things like Butter and salt shakers i outright stole from Wendy's and shit.

I would bet this same haul of food cost's $75 now including the fast food sunday meal

God this looks like fucking pig slop.

The golden neckbeard

kiwifarms.net
God this looks like fucking pig slop.

its good if its all you can do

try shopping for 7 days on like $40. Challenge yourself and make a thread. Do it without feeling hungry all the time

Ramen was really the only bulk thing that was filling. a 10lb bag of rice was like 1/3 of the budget

suppose i could of done chicken instead of steak but i loved beef at the time. Now i love chicken

Last edited:

The golden neckbeard

kiwifarms.net
lolwat? Elaborate, please. I don't think I'd want to eat noodles that taste like Red Bull.

Leaves a gnarly taste i think. The sweetness that gets put into the noodles is other worldy. Paired with salt its a slam dunk

Last edited:

Deadwaste

i hate the internet and in return it hates me
kiwifarms.net
Lived off this shit in my 20's after the army

Usual shopping list

1 x Chuck Steak ($8)
2 Dozen Eggs
Box of Ramen
Pack of mexican cheese
Several loafs of bread

Crack an egg in it. Use cheese, pepper maybe a bit of salt, and taco bell sauce. Amazing and filling meal. Pair it with some buttered bread and its amazing in my opinionView attachment 2616834

Leaves a gnarly taste i think. The sweetness that gets put into the noodles is other worldy. Paired with salt its a slam dunk
this is like hillbilly redneck tier cooking

Genichiro

kiwifarms.net
61jLifLjYxL._AC_SY580_.jpg
Decent tom yam kung taste for those who like a instant, sour spicy dish. The noodle cake is a nice snack on its own.

Best results if you swap out the paste pack for something like Mae pranom and add fresh chillies. A slice of cheese is great on top is great too.

Haram Exercise

Two months sober (for real this time)
kiwifarms.net
Samyang noodles in 5 packs have dropped in price considerably at my local asian grocer, they used to be $10 a pack now they're 5.50. They all taste great so I pretty much only buy samyang now. I primarily buy the tomato, buldak, and carbonara.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Nissin Hot and Spicy Fire Wok Molten Chili Chicken

Actually really very spicy. I mean, I didn't expect it to be mild but it's actually Asia-grade spicy.
Honestly a bit more heat than I was looking for at work. This is more "smoking and drinking" levels.

Attachments

• 16376103892332027915040.jpg
    16376103892332027915040.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4

Deadwaste

i hate the internet and in return it hates me
kiwifarms.net
Nissin Hot and Spicy Fire Wok Molten Chili Chicken

Actually really very spicy. I mean, I didn't expect it to be mild but it's actually Asia-grade spicy.
Honestly a bit more heat than I was looking for at work. This is more "smoking and drinking" levels.
can confirm this is actually spicy