The Ramen thread, instant noodles and the like

• The site is having difficulties because our bandwidth is totally overextended. Our 1Gbps line is at 100% even when there aren't 8000 people on the site. We were supposed to get a second Gbps line months ago but I'm struggling to get technicians scheduled to set it up.

Jesus Quintana

Laughable, man. Ha ha!
kiwifarms.net
If you can't get ramen noodles (like me), you can use regular spaghetti pasta. Just add a sprinkle of baking powder to the water and cook the spaghetti. That way it won't get soggy in the soup. But some brands are better than others and the pasta may not get soggy at all.
Homemade pasta is even better because it's "fresh", unlike the one you buy at the store.

I do my own version of "japanese ramen" with the ingredients I can get. Last time, I boiled a pork chop for a few minutes and then pan-fried it with spices and shit. I also fried some mushrooms and spring onion. I used the pork water to make the "broth" with soy sauce and some other stuff. I put everything together in a bowl and made my own ""ramen"". Really tasty.

Owlflaps

Hateful sack of animated shit
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ah, ramen. The food of struggling college kids and champions everywhere. Here's my version of the poor man's Tori Paitan:

You will need Ichiban or Nissin noodles, chicken flavor. Maruchan is kinda meh.

Soup base (tare):
  • White miso paste
  • Soy sauce
  • Crushed garlic
  • Heavy Cream (Milk or Mayo is a decent substitute)
  • 1 chicken bullion cube
Other ingredients: (Optional - no need to add if you're poor. But it's delicious.)
  • Shiitake mushrooms
  • Corn
  • Seaweed
  • Green onions
  • Soft boiled egg (MUST HAVE)
Instructions:
  1. Cook ramen as usual.
  2. Reserve a half-cup of broth from the ramen.
  3. In a separate bowl, prepare the soup base by mixing the ingredients with the broth.
  4. Throw everything together, but nicely.
  5. Add optional ingredients on top. For extra bougieness, add a pat of butter to not feel fucking poor.
Tell me what you think!

Jesus Quintana

Laughable, man. Ha ha!
kiwifarms.net
Where are you that you can buy spaghetti but not ramen?

You what?
In Trinidad and Tobago. Nah, there are one or two brands of "ramen" noodles but they're shitty and I don't like them.
I usually freeze my meat (heh) and instead of thawing the pork I boil it for a couple of minutes because I'm an idiot. It doesn't change the flavor or the texture tho.

Nero You're DeadWeight

Seto Kaiba please crush a cake for me!
kiwifarms.net
Anyone ever try the Sapporo Ichiban ramen before? I picked up the soysauce and chicken flavors cause Sasuke and Naruto where on them, but do they taste good? They also had beef flavor too I think?

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Anyone ever try the Sapporo Ichiban ramen before? I picked up the soysauce and chicken flavors cause Sasuke and Naruto where on them, but do they taste good? They also had beef flavor too I think?

it's been many years, I recall them being decent enough ramen but still "plastic wrap and flavor pack" grade, not like a fancy multi-pack in a big bowl-sized container type

Disastrously Dumb

kiwifarms.net
I Present to you all,

Malaysia's Crime against humanity.

terbaru-begini-rasa-mie-instan-cup-boba-milk-tea-ekstra-pedas-3.jpeg

Poo

numberoneinthehoodg
kiwifarms.net
One of the easiest and most effective ways to amp up any of your instant noodles is going to the spice section in the shop. They have pre-mixed herbs and spices that tell you on the packaging what they go well with. For example, the last time I had chicken instant noodles and was browsing in the store, this pre-mixed spice was "lime, lemon and jalapeños", goes great with chicken it said. Sold! Absolutely loved adding some in with the broth mix. Super cheap, super tasty.

Stasi

kiwifarms.net
Finally found some curry ramen out in the wild in the UK. It wasn't quite as good as the ones I had in Japan but still delicious.
snapshotimagehandler_323130713.jpeg
The price stung though, it was £1.50 for a small 70g pot which is fucking obscene. A similarly sized pot noodle/super noodle thing is about £0.60 and even the big pots of shin ramyun are about £1.40 and they are twice as big.

Poo

numberoneinthehoodg
kiwifarms.net
Finally found some curry ramen out in the wild in the UK. It wasn't quite as good as the ones I had in Japan but still delicious.
View attachment 2802459
The price stung though, it was £1.50 for a small 70g pot which is fucking obscene. A similarly sized pot noodle/super noodle thing is about £0.60 and even the big pots of shin ramyun are about £1.40 and they are twice as big.
I found these in Tesco the other day also! And I agree that £1.40 (price for one here!) for one was ridiculous too. I grabbed a couple because of all the hype I heard about them from friends who went abroad to Japan. I will say they were good but not worth all the money. The seafood one is good, but I had to add my own soy sauce to make it taste better as it was bland. Definitely a 5/10.

Hijaboholic

Hijab Fetishist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I go to a Japanese import store when I can because they sell ramen at $0.75 per pack which is the cheapest price in my area. It also happens to be the best ramen I ever had, after adding some extra ingredients though. You can use my recipe for other ramen brands if you want:

• 2 Cups Water
  • Ramen Noodles
  • Flavor Packet
  • 1/8 Cup Soy Sauce
  • 5 Shots Tabasco Sauce [Or Any Other Hot Sauce]
Cook the ramen in the water for ~3 minutes after the water begins to boil. Do not drain the water after you are done cooking the ramen. Add the flavor packet, soy sauce, and hot sauce of your choice to the ramen and water and stir until mixed well. This will give you a great broth for your ramen.

Goyslop Muncher

Whatever it takes c'mon
kiwifarms.net
Not ramen but quick pasta. I recently discovered the easy Mac that comes in pouches. it's very cheap 18 servings for $5. each serving is 250 calories. By itself it's pretty tasty, add some salt, pepper, and hot sauce and it's delicious. Take it even further and add a couple of slices of real Velveeta and I'm in fake cheese heaven for only 350 calories and like 30 cents.