The Ramen thread, instant noodles and the like

• t.me/kiwifarms is our Telegram for downtime and announcements.
    • The .is domain is disabled due to issues with the CDN and having multiple domains.

Burned CDs

kiwifarms.net
Arby's Sauce and Horsey Sauce work pretty well for "scavenging from the condiment drawer"
I've done stuff like that. Even ordered extra garlic sauce from pizza places to save for occasions. I do like the arby sauce, fond memories from middle school, once a week, they would serve Arby's.

BlueArmedDevil

Blinding flashes. Sounds of explosions...
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
20220108_170303.jpg
Got a pot going

Edit: Came out pretty darn good
20220108_234324.jpg

Last edited:

Lord of the Large Pants

Chicks dig giant robots.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
'ight, I got a question. If I'm taking cup ramen and making it fancy by putting stuff in it, what kind of beef/chicken would be best? Like, what cut? I've been using stew beef but as I learn more about meat I think that's probably not correct.

Preferably something not too expensive that will freeze well, so I can get out a little bit whenever I feel like ramen.

'ight, I got a question. If I'm taking cup ramen and making it fancy by putting stuff in it, what kind of beef/chicken would be best? Like, what cut? I've been using stew beef but as I learn more about meat I think that's probably not correct.

Preferably something not too expensive that will freeze well, so I can get out a little bit whenever I feel like ramen.
Anything that cooks quickly unless you feel like going to real effort to stew the beef or make chashu.

I like to use ground meat and create a ghetto version of tantanmen sometimes

Goyslop Muncher

Whatever it takes c'mon
kiwifarms.net
If

If You can find it, thin sliced beef called shabu shabu is great. You can make it yourself fairly easily too.

Least Concern

Kill Count: π
kiwifarms.net

As Haram said, thin-sliced beef is good. You can find it pre-cut in the beef section of most grocery stores, though at mine it's labeled for fajitas, not shabu-shabu. Maybe there are more Hispanics than Asians in my neighborhood…

I like to cheap out and use chicken thighs, though. It's the cheapest cut of chicken you can get which isn't the sweet meats, but it tastes the same as thighs, and once it's grilled and sliced up nobody will be able to tell the difference. I buy them frozen in bulk and periodically pull a couple out to defrost in the fridge. Aside from ramen they're also good to use for stir-fry or even just grilled with some steamed veggies and rice for a low-fat, low-cal dinner.

TheTrumanShow

kiwifarms.net
I want ramen noodles + spicy sauce to work well with cheese but grated on it just becomes soggy. It adds some easily accessible protein but its nowhere near as good as on pasta.
Anyone tried pre-melting the cheese in cream or something like doing some macncheese or are there other good ways to incorporate cheese?

Sausage kinda works, anything else?

@Least Concern

So like kebab meat? Or are we talking more like raw topside cut thin?

Do you just fry it fast and then put it in? Feel it might be a bit chewy with the ramen?

Least Concern

Kill Count: π
kiwifarms.net
So like kebab meat? Or are we talking more like raw topside cut thin?

Do you just fry it fast and then put it in? Feel it might be a bit chewy with the ramen?
Yeah, raw. Usually I grill it on my knockoff George Foreman grill and then cut it up, but sometimes I'll just use a pan since that grill can be a pain to clean. The chewiness never bothered me but I'm hardly a steak snob.

As for cheese, you can do like the Koreans do and put in a slice of processed American cheese. I've never tried it but it apparently works well. If you have it you could probably also use chunks or slices of Velveeta since it's basically the same thing.

Snusmumriken

Let’s go fill the Internet with crime, come on!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If
If You can find it, thin sliced beef called shabu shabu is great. You can make it yourself fairly easily too.
I think you’re thinking of chashu. Shabu-shabu typically includes beef as well but it refers to a hot pot wherein you just add whatever meat/veg you want.

KojimaBinLaden

💯True💯 Brothers of Islam are irreplaceable
kiwifarms.net
I usually like to make prison-style ramen spreads with half watered ramen and cheese with a side of pepperoni and chips

Stasi

kiwifarms.net
A buddy of mine showed me how to do this and it was a staple meal for me in university for a while. I would not recommend burning a quality ramen on this, I used to do it with cheap Aldi/Lidl own brand ramen packs.

1. Crush up the ramen brick while its still in the packet so the noodles are tiny chunks.
  2. Transfer to bowl, pour over freshly boiled water and cover with lid, let it sit for a few minutes until the noodles are cooked.
  3. Drain the water, add a bit of butter to the noodles and a slice of American cheese, cover with some noodles and cover with lid again,let it sit until the butter and cheese have melted (1 or 2 minutes).
  4. Add the flavour packet, mix up well and enjoy
I know it sounds kind of gross, and doesn't look great but its actually pretty tasty. If you are feeling rich toss in some chopped frankfurter sausages in there.

soft breathing

god has left the building a long time ago.
kiwifarms.net
O1CN01ErfNqT2KbOpTAgQ0e_!!2604709575.jpeg

I've had those some days ago - they're actually quite nice and unique, a little bit spicy. Apparently they're 'crawfish' flavoured - maybe it's what makes them taste so unique to me because I've never had crawfish before.

SalmaoneSlaamper

I just got internet!
kiwifarms.net
I will try a couple of these recipes. Till then has anyone made a particularly good looking ramen noodles?

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Secrecy Final Office Jutsu Technique!
pork rinds
also Costco had some decent cup ramen that was miso flavor, real paste and everything
The instructions was some cat lady treacle but decent cup noodle