The Ramen thread, instant noodles and the like

• The site is having difficulties because our bandwidth is totally overextended. Our 1Gbps line is at 100% even when there aren't 8000 people on the site. We were supposed to get a second Gbps line months ago but I'm struggling to get technicians scheduled to set it up.

K-Hole

kiwifarms.net
An egg on top is always good.

But not necessary.

Couple of things that are necessary though:

1: Paprika, Chilli powder, Jalapeno peppers...

2: Soy sauce, Lea and Perrins, Henderson's Relish (same as L&P and half the price in the UK).

3: Mayo, Tomato sauce. Both at the same time if you are feeling a bit kinky!

4: Don't forget the importance of a bit of salt, and vinegar, and pepper.

5: Frozen peas. Frozen whatever veg. Cook them first before you toss in the noodles.

Only rule is: This shit should not take you more than five minutes to cook. This is a snack. It can be a very nutritious snack if you like, or it can be a very naughty snack if you lack the willpower on that particular day (too much Mayo).

If time is at a premium, and you really just need to cook something up at the end of the hard working day, chuck in an egg, slice up a bit of red/green pepper, garlic if you got it. Put the L&P on top if you have it. A spoonful of Mayo if you have that too.. A sprinkle of pepper...

You won't be living off this every day. But it's a decent plate of soul food to keep you warm and hearty and able to get up again the next day to do it all again tomorrow.

Not your finest moment. But it will get you by.

Don Yagon

Indoor Garloid Farmer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
For me, it's Roundmeal.
1645635155817.png

Wormy

I just wanted to play my friggin wargames....
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not sure if that's your own picture or just one you yoinked, but if it is your own, check out that expiration date before you eat any more of that.
Just a stock picture. I honestly wouldn't want to think what something with that witch's brew would do to me expired...

Vietnam Ron

Beezin Groyper 420
kiwifarms.net
Instant Korean Army Noodles. No looker but damn does it really hit the spot sometimes. Sadly was out of spam and some more veggie garnishes when I made it but mushrooms or chili oil go well with it.

Attachments

• 20220210_020011.jpg
    20220210_020011.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 46

Vietnam Ron

Beezin Groyper 420
kiwifarms.net
'ight, I got a question. If I'm taking cup ramen and making it fancy by putting stuff in it, what kind of beef/chicken would be best? Like, what cut? I've been using stew beef but as I learn more about meat I think that's probably not correct.

Preferably something not too expensive that will freeze well, so I can get out a little bit whenever I feel like ramen.
You could try simmered or braised pork belly, a classic.

Vietnam Ron

Beezin Groyper 420
kiwifarms.net
Laky Men ramen, add worchestshire, lime juice, mayo, cilantro, little tomato juice, onion powder and a little avocado and canned corn on top. All of this is recommended on the package btw, sounds like a lot but it's delish.

Eureka Coffee Grinder

kiwifarms.net
i make ramen eggs for the wife and i to eat for the week, really heightens the meal, they hold well in an airtight container for a week, 2 weeks is pushing it.

boil the eggs, how runny you want the yolk varies from 7-10minutes (along with elevation, etc) then just marinate in equal parts sake/mirin/soy sauce, and it'll be ready overnight. hint use an egg hole puncher.

i've done a few hundred eggs, after the first hundred you really learn how to peel eggs like a pro, haven't had a busted egg since.

also when youre done w/ your eggs don't throw out the marinade, you can use that as a teriyaki chicken base.

ChonkyNeko

oh lawd she comin
kiwifarms.net
Chapaghetti and Mi Goreng are definitely great noodles now that i've had them. I've gotten to the point where i'd just make some ramen for breakfast if i don't feel like anything else. I think i still have some Mi Goreng left.

Eureka Coffee Grinder

kiwifarms.net
Chapaghetti and Mi Goreng are definitely great noodles now that i've had them. I've gotten to the point where i'd just make some ramen for breakfast if i don't feel like anything else. I think i still have some Mi Goreng left.
one thing to note for americans (white people) who are having issues finding ramen at your local grocer and you do not have access to an asian market, is that mi goreng is halal so you would find it in a paki/indi grocer

soft breathing

god has left the building a long time ago.
kiwifarms.net
1647853897005.png
Is anyone here into the taste of sesame-paste? If so, those are the noodles for you. Really decent for Chinese instant noodles.

1647854037841.png
I've also had those recently for the first time and they're, well, interesting. They almost taste better raw than cooked with water.

BonerMan

John Boehner
kiwifarms.net
If I'm making instant ramen at home I usually do the cheapest cup noodles possible, and if I'm feeling fancy I'll get nissin raoh

1649916740730.png

Top with a soft boiled egg and its pretty alright.

When I visited Japan I fell in love with the cheap chain Ichiran, their food was fucking delicious and hit the spot at 3 am while hammered. Their instant noodles you can buy off amazon are as good as it gets IMO for ramen in the states, no other local places can compare at all. Since Ichiran is pretty expensive to order off amazon I'll only ever make it when I can prepare a couple soft boiled eggs in mirin/soy sauce and cook up some pork belly to top it with. Those two + some minced garlic will elevate it from pretty damn good to absolutely fantastic.

1649916956291.png