The Ramen thread, instant noodles and the like

• The site is having difficulties because our bandwidth is totally overextended. Our 1Gbps line is at 100% even when there aren't 8000 people on the site. We were supposed to get a second Gbps line months ago but I'm struggling to get technicians scheduled to set it up.

Funny Valentine

"Dio Brando" was taken.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
1657256481647.png

Got a packet of one of these bad boys but I can't have them until like a week later because of wisdom teeth surgery, fml

Owlflaps

Hateful sack of animated shit
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If I'm making instant ramen at home I usually do the cheapest cup noodles possible, and if I'm feeling fancy I'll get nissin raoh

View attachment 3177630

Top with a soft boiled egg and its pretty alright.

When I visited Japan I fell in love with the cheap chain Ichiran, their food was fucking delicious and hit the spot at 3 am while hammered. Their instant noodles you can buy off amazon are as good as it gets IMO for ramen in the states, no other local places can compare at all. Since Ichiran is pretty expensive to order off amazon I'll only ever make it when I can prepare a couple soft boiled eggs in mirin/soy sauce and cook up some pork belly to top it with. Those two + some minced garlic will elevate it from pretty damn good to absolutely fantastic.

View attachment 3177635
I distinctly remember seeing that brand of ramen in a Don Quixote in Tokyo. They even sell the toppings to go with your ramen.