The Ramen thread, instant noodles and the like

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

GRANDnumberofMULTIPLES

thuper pigmentit
kiwifarms.net
I poach an egg during the last minute of cooking in a little nest of noodles. The Shin Black is my favorite "fancy" ramen. Beef top ramen used to be my favorite but it got supplanted by chicken flavor a few years back. I'm deathly allergic to crustaceans so I have to really check a lot of the "flavor" packets on those that aren't even shrimp flavor.

Sometimes it becomes a fun leftovers type thing. I had chicken ramen with leftover green onions, leftover tofu, shredded seaweed, poached egg, and two pork ribs worth of meat stripped from the bone. Poured it over a dash or so of garlic powder and it was delicious.

I've never enjoyed cup style ramen as much. Maybe because I feel like I have a little less leeway to adjust things? That and I gotta have my poached egg. I usually only ever make it at home.

I wanna go and find the Shin Ramyun. I really love the spicy shit and love it when I'm not feeling so hot. Ingredients look like a go as well.

John Titor

Pronouns: time/temporal/tempself
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I poach an egg during the last minute of cooking in a little nest of noodles. The Shin Black is my favorite "fancy" ramen. Beef top ramen used to be my favorite but it got supplanted by chicken flavor a few years back. I'm deathly allergic to crustaceans so I have to really check a lot of the "flavor" packets on those that aren't even shrimp flavor.

Sometimes it becomes a fun leftovers type thing. I had chicken ramen with leftover green onions, leftover tofu, shredded seaweed, poached egg, and two pork ribs worth of meat stripped from the bone. Poured it over a dash or so of garlic powder and it was delicious.

I've never enjoyed cup style ramen as much. Maybe because I feel like I have a little less leeway to adjust things? That and I gotta have my poached egg. I usually only ever make it at home.

I wanna go and find the Shin Ramyun. I really love the spicy shit and love it when I'm not feeling so hot. Ingredients look like a go as well.
Walmart carries them.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nongshim-Shin-Ramyun-Noodle-Soup-4.2-oz-10-count/32637148

GRANDnumberofMULTIPLES

thuper pigmentit
kiwifarms.net

I also live close by a large Asian supermarket (and my local grocery store carries these as well) so I can also re-up some of my spices as well. I also like adding shichimi seasoning and maybe I'll buy a vacuum-sealed bag of deep-fried tofu as well. I can do that myself but I never seem to have the patience to squeeze out enough water when I do it. It turns out ok but not without fucking machine gunning hot oil everywhere :(

The texture of the fried tofu is great in ramen.

FemalePresident

In office.
kiwifarms.net
Maruchan ftw! Sometimes it's the best lunch during a busy day; but I'll also consider it for dinner when its cold.

Cheeseburger Picnic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I discovered instant rice noodles (not vermicelli) in the last year after an impulse grab one of everything in the Lion Supermarket noodle aisle and they're really nice; the starch from the noodles thickens the broth in a way that wheat-based noodles don't and they are generally a good idea for a food when you don't feel like cooking.

image.jpeg

Gordon Cole

Yep, he's dead
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I still have a soft spot for Maruchan Chicken Flavor with tabasco sauce, since it's what I've eaten growing up, but now I mostly eat Nongshim Spicy Chicken. A little more expensive, but worth it.

Jaded Optimist

Me Love You Long Time
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I just had a ramen recipe experiment. I made shin raymun, but added ingredients I've seen before to make an altered recipe but didn't have the ingredients on hand. I've seen this a ton of times (and is an actual flavour I saw in japan), I also saw venus angelic do a video on it... but only because I was already watching ramen videos.
anyways, I made pizza ramen. So cubes of cheese, some tomato sauce (I used tomato basil) and any other pizza type ingredients (I used some oregano and some fresh basil). I also added way less water.

I was disappointed. I heard from so many people that this was good and it was so blah. The cheese was not noticeable except for weird clumps (1/2 cubes stirred in with the water). Slight tomato taste but more just an after taste, and basil just disappeared.

Such a waste when I had flavored eggs, pork and shitake in the fridge. Oh well.

AlephOne2Many

the late nightmare special
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've once saved a cup of broth left over from Maruchan that I didn't feel immediately like sipping over. It gets better with time, trust me. Just don't do it with the nanoscopic shrimp ones, probably not a good idea.

AveraDiane

Always grinning!
kiwifarms.net
I really have to be in the mood for ramen (although I got hungry when I saw this thread), but I like putting hot sauce on it and my favorite brand is Nissin.

androidwarrior

kiwifarms.net
I personally like Nongshim Shin Ramyun. and I got my family into it as well that they take mine. Which is good but sadly they only sell the family four pack where I live. o they sell sizes bigger than that anywhere?

One laugh Too Many

Just waiting for one laugh too many
kiwifarms.net
As someone who sometimes eats cupped noodles, what are some of your favorite brands of ramen/instant noodles? If so, what modifications do you make to your noodles? Lately I've been eating Shin Ramyun, the spicy flavor. Sometimes i put some chopped onions and carrots in my noodles.

Nongshim spicy beef or chiken.

I like to make my own meat to add to it alongside some fresh cut green onions and bamboo shoots

Pop-Tart

¡Viva la Israel!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
One of the things I picked up a while ago was to just add an egg to the water while you make ramen, and add in some Ranch at the end. Its the most white trash shit, but it tastes too good.

CatFace

Hey Mom, I’m Becoming an Indian Woman
kiwifarms.net
I put a ladle into the soup and crack an egg into it so I can take it out and put it on top to look all fancy.

Of course I also just smash up the pack dry and pour in the powder to eat so maybe don’t trust my advice.

heathercho

いいゆだね!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I personally like Nongshim Shin Ramyun. and I got my family into it as well that they take mine. Which is good but sadly they only sell the family four pack where I live. o they sell sizes bigger than that anywhere?

Asian supermarkets. You can buy a case. Or Amazon. You get like... I don't know 16+ packets.
Other than Shin Ramyun, they also have Doongji. Which is for summer. Delicious.

Nissen Cup Noodles in Black Garlic Oil are my favorite. That and UFO's Big Yakisoba.

androidwarrior

kiwifarms.net
Asian supermarkets. You can buy a case. Or Amazon. You get like... I don't know 16+ packets.
Other than Shin Ramyun, they also have Doongji. Which is for summer. Delicious.

Nissen Cup Noodles in Black Garlic Oil are my favorite. That and UFO's Big Yakisoba.
Thanks for the info. and I will also check Out Doongji as well