• "The fact that they are looking at popular youtubes rather then exceptional individuals who jack it to cartoons really show how far they've fallen."

The Rick and Morty fandom and haters

Discussion in 'Community Watch' started by Cosmos, Oct 8, 2017.

1. I think a willingness to dive headfirst into twitter melodrama is a good enough reason to waive those kinds of rules.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 1
    Alec Benson Leary

Alec Benson Leary Creator of Asperchu
    Christorical Figure

kiwifarms.net
  2. Apparently a joke in season 3 is directed at how Justin royland and Dan Harmon have been at each other's throats, the reason why season 3 took so long to come out. But even then, Dan Harmon has gone out of his way to look like a total cunt. He's called 20% of all Americans nazi's, he spat shade at his mum during his appearance on game grumps, he berates and belittles his staff on live shows and he apologises for none of it.

Edit: Added links

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Feels Feels x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    #482 Alpha Loves You, Oct 12, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    Alpha Loves You

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  3. It's always :autism:, isn't it?

Reading Dan's Twitters, I'm starting to believe he is using a lot from himself when scripting and dubbing Rick. He actually is an outed prick with an ego problem. Hm. That sounds familiar...
    :tomgirl:

Oh.

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    Pepito

Pepito The Fastest Cat in the Whole Wide World!

kiwifarms.net
  4. Honestly I almost added a paragraph about Dan Harmon and Justin Roiland to my autistic manifesto but I was like, nah that's too autistic. But I've always felt that Rick was an autistic self-insert Mary Sue. I tried watching that Dan Harmon, "Im not a nazi" joke video and couldn't get through 30 seconds. It's about 5 minutes, and I have a very high tolerance for stupid dumb bullshit. It's that fucking bad.
    No I agree, I love that he specifically had to deny being drunk, and Im a dude with..... lame ass substance abuse issues myself. You can avoid being an asshole or a burden--or at least you can avoid being an asshole. Alcohol really is the gayest and lamest substance to be addicted to. You're a faggot and a failure for it.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Feels Feels x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    #484 DonaldChump, Oct 12, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    kiwifarms.net
  5. It's all about him assimilating a fan base of mostly nerds with an inferiority complex and accommodating them to his exceptional worldview and sense of ego. Don't be surprised and get mad if some of your worst elements surface in the crowd that follows your creation that displays your mentality and cognitive schemes for all to observe and follow.

Monkey see, monkey REEE.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 2
    Squealer the Animalist

Squealer the Animalist Can turn black into white

kiwifarms.net
  6. We do have threads on celebrities that are just absurdly bad like Max Landis, Jake Paul and Tila Tequila. I say go for it, if it's shitty the mods will just close it

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Somsnosa

Somsnosa 'O sarracino! Bellu guaglione

kiwifarms.net
  7. I always thought Harmon was a slightly better writer than Roiland since a lot of what Roiland does is go "peepee poopoo man haha" and stutter into the microphone a lot. But Roiland is also a much better person who genuinely seems to love what he does while Harmon is miserable and drains everyone around him.

There's apparently some podcast that Harmon is on where he talks about wanting to fuck mannequins and how much he hates himself for hours on end. Forgot the name of it though.

• Informative Informative x 11
    • Agree Agree x 3
    Y2K Baby

Y2K Baby The Codex of Ultimate Wisdom???
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  8. Dan Harmon at some point in his life figured out that if you act like a total fucking downer all the time some people might confuse you for being smart or funny. It looks like that's where he stopped though.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Feels Feels x 3
    Implacable Birch

Implacable Birch autisticsexual

kiwifarms.net
  9. is he really a celebrity? he's noteworthy but the average guy on the street does not know who the fuck he is.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  10. We should keep our eyes peeled for the next big show too appeal to these people. It can't be too long before Rick & Morty ends due to creative differences Harmon being a raging alcoholic and impossible for anyone to work with.

• Feels Feels x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    Alec Benson Leary

Alec Benson Leary Creator of Asperchu
    Christorical Figure

kiwifarms.net
  11. Is it too spergy to send him a spring-loaded dick bomb? Because he looks like he could use one.

• Feels Feels x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Autistic Autistic x 1
    VerdantBuckle34

VerdantBuckle34 Grey/Greys/Greyself

kiwifarms.net
  12. It's called Harmontown. I think the mannequin thing was mentioned on Rick and Morty, when it was implied that Jerry does something similar. It was the first episode of season 3.

• Informative Informative x 9
    • Feels Feels x 4
    kiwifarms.net
  13. Man, Dan just can't contain his creativity.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Y2K Baby

Y2K Baby The Codex of Ultimate Wisdom???
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  14. That's almost how Community ended.

• Feels Feels x 6
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • DRINK DRINK x 2
    Uncanny Valley

Uncanny Valley decently animated
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  15. Really liked that show too until Sony told Dan to fuck off. Totally understood why they would, though. If he gets all "WAKE UP SHEEPLE" at McDonalds employees on Twitter, just imagine him on a set.

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Feels Feels x 1
    vertexwindi

vertexwindi Hitler 2.0

kiwifarms.net
  16. I bet Rick is only likable as a character because Roiland is on board, but if Dan was in complete charge, Rick would go from remotely likable to downright vicious and no one would like the character.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Feels Feels x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Tlazolli

Tlazolli Cacti are your friends

kiwifarms.net
  17. I don't know if anyone posted this here yet, but here is a 2015 article about how Dan went on an hour long drunk twitter rant after some guy said something to him. A rant that at one point slipped into the territory of implied threats.

https://www.pastemagazine.com/artic...s-angry-abusive-twitter-rant-makes-him-s.html

What did the guy say"

“Uhhh ok? I guess you’re drunker than expected. That’s ok. But this isn’t that great of an idea?”

(I suggest you read this. It's cringe city)

• Informative Informative x 17
    • Feels Feels x 3
    oddish

oddish itsa me, oddguy

kiwifarms.net
  18. Seems like a lot of that guy's cuntishness has been flying under the general radar for a while.

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Feels Feels x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  19. There's an episode of the show where Rick's "toxic side" becomes a separate entity, drunk and growling about how he's a god and everybody else is a dumb subhuman. It's funny because Toxic Rick is basically Dan Harmon.

• Winner Winner x 21
    • Like Like x 2
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Crass_and_Champ

Crass_and_Champ Electric- Hedgehog Bamboon

kiwifarms.net
  20. Here's another story about Harmon - During GamerGate, one of the people from his podcast started telling people on twitter to kill themselves and got banned. Harmon talked to people who work at twitter to get him unbanned and them fake quit twitter for a while.

Also, soon after that video of him screaming at an audience of people to stab nazis (Trump voters) which someone already posted, he got on twitter and started inviting people who criticized him come join him in a special room he has prepared for them, with the implication seemingly being that he's going to murder them.

• Informative Informative x 15
    • Feels Feels x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    oddish

oddish itsa me, oddguy

kiwifarms.net
Tags: