Infected The Rick and Morty fandom and haters

Joe_Camel

Null's feeder fetish
kiwifarms.net
Letting a fandom "ruin something" for you is autistic as hell. Rick and Morty does a perfectly good job of ruining itself.

Maybe the show is ruinng itself now, but I got on the Rick and Morty train from the start, and back then it was fresh and different. The humor was fucked up, it had a Futurama vibe to it, the relationship between Rick and Morty was nuanced, the whole attempted rape in the bathroom bit was sickeningly funny and showcased a more serious and twisted side to the cartoon which I loved.

While season three was put on hold I put the whole watching R&M on hold, and the whole Setzchuan sauce peak autism started and the show started to become more self-aware and pandering to the fans, which always has to be clever or flop, and in this case it flopped. Like RDJ's Sherlock Holmes 2. Never pander to the fans.

Jack Awful

Laughs at Tards
kiwifarms.net
Maybe the show is ruinng itself now, but I got on the Rick and Morty train from the start, and back then it was fresh and different. The humor was fucked up, it had a Futurama vibe to it, the relationship between Rick and Morty was nuanced, the whole attempted rape in the bathroom bit was sickeningly funny and showcased a more serious and twisted side to the cartoon which I loved.

While season three was put on hold I put the whole watching R&M on hold, and the whole Setzchuan sauce peak autism started and the show started to become more self-aware and pandering to the fans, which always has to be clever or flop, and in this case it flopped. Like RDJ's Sherlock Holmes 2. Never pander to the fans.
The show really went downhill when they stopped treating the characters less like personalities who were designed to react to crazy situations in unique interesting ways (which is what made the show good) and started using them to push a shitty, boring moral about therapy, mental toxicity, relationships, body acceptance, parenting, etc. It started taking itself way too seriously, which is what made the first 2 seasons so great.

Also, *cough cough*
upload_2018-9-14_21-45-22.png

Replicant Sasquatch

Do Lolcows Dream of Electric Hedgehog Pokemon?
kiwifarms.net
Now, I'm sure it's been said before, but just to reiterate to jog your memory, the creators of this show are exactly as bad as the fans are. DH (I think) got offended at McDonald's reintroducing their own goddamned teriyaki sauce thinking they were plagiarizing him.
Trust me we know. Harmon has a thread.

Jack Awful

Laughs at Tards
kiwifarms.net
Now, I'm sure it's been said before, but just to reiterate to jog your memory, the creators of this show are exactly as bad as the fans are. DH (I think) got offended at McDonald's reintroducing their own goddamned teriyaki sauce thinking they were plagiarizing him.
Justin seems pretty chill at least, but knowing Hollywood he's probably either sacrificing puppies to the devil or has a child sex slave dungeon in his basement.
Or both.

aFairlyOddFaggot

obtuse, rubber goose, green moose, drug abuse
kiwifarms.net
Justin seems pretty chill at least, but knowing Hollywood he's probably either sacrificing puppies to the devil or has a child sex slave dungeon in his basement.
Or both.
berate me if i'm wrong, didn't Justin roiland argue on twitter over the idea of a canon alternate timeline of rick and morty being gay lovers?

The Gangster Computer

Drunk on Duty
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Roiland ended that field of replies by quoting someone who said that its "obviously" a universe where Rick and Morty are consenting adults to try and make it seem "normal". Not to mention Doc and Marty exists so a universe with them fucking really isn't a non-existent concept to him since the whole setting of the show goes to the extremes what with there being a world where Morty's sister wants to fuck him.

Last edited:

Jack Awful

Laughs at Tards
kiwifarms.net
Why would they try to hide it, that was their intent
Doc and Mharti was originally made as a way to fuck with a major studio by saying he made a new official Back to the Future cartoon. This would force the studio heads and their lawyers to watch a cartoon about Marty repeatedly licking Doc Brown's balls before they can send a cease and desist. Roiland liked the characters too much, so decided to change their names so he could keep the video up. If you watch most of Justin Roiland's TV show pitches, around half have a version of Rick and Morty in them, including of course Rick and Morty.