Infected The Rick and Morty fandom and haters

Shokew

Trial by Fire! Trial by Fire!
kiwifarms.net
I can watch Ricky and Morty and not laugh and I ain't THAT autistic. ;/

Why people worship the show I dont understand. The characters arent interesting, the art style is pretty crappy, no one is really likable, but I like the creativity involved in a lot of the aliens and monsters and stuff.

I only really like it for the fight scenes. Every other aspect of this show, outside of that and some of the non-earthly backgrounds & character designs? It sucks and is hard to like, let alone tolerably watch after too long.

AND most honestly, I'm so happy more and more people are beginning to see just how baddumb this show is, too. [AS] has made both better (-looking, as well) and smarter shows than this, if you look hard enough.

But, what-fucking-ever, it's best not tell that to any smartass in the room who can't handle valid criticism of their precious low IQ pandering, right?

Corbin Dallas Multipass

kiwifarms.net
I just watch because it make me laugh, not as some intellectual exercise
Yeah, seconding this. Honestly the sperging out on both ends is ridiculous. Oh no they inferred Rick isn't magically perfect and the obviously mentally unstable genius is mentally unstable! FUCK YOU DAD I'M NOT GOING TO A THERAPIST! Jesus christ calm down. It was a funny episode. Don't take Dan Harmon's and Justin Roiland's current opinions on anything seriously, they sure as fuck don't. Laugh at the funny cartoon, or don't watch the cartoon because you think it's dumb.

If there's anything to be annoyed about, it's the fact that the season 3 finale was two crappy plots jammed into one episode. I only laughed sometimes, not the whole time.

ProgKing of the North

^^^^FUCKTARD^^^^
kiwifarms.net
FB78BDB6-C6BC-4326-A8E1-736A5F11781D.jpeg

N

NN 401

kiwifarms.net
So much pure autism...considering that this is from one of the weakest episodes of the show and also because the whole "oh it's a pain to be smart" is not a deep observation.

The entire philosophy of Rick And Morty is super hit and miss.

Season 3 feels like one giant apologia for Dan Harmon’s shitty outlook on life and his inability to be satisfied with a life most creatives would kill for.
He’s just an ingrate and so is Rick.

The only way the whole multiverse canceling out ethics and moral obligations thing works is if you ignore the problem of suffering. The series works best when it actively takes the piss out of Rick and highlights that he only gets through the day by “not thinking about it.”

It also feels like mostly a whole bunch of filler episodes that while entertaining have no overarching connection to anything. Why introduce character and plot arcs at the end of season 2 only to never really go back to it again?

Corbin Dallas Multipass

kiwifarms.net
The entire philosophy of Rick And Morty is super hit and miss.

Season 3 feels like one giant apologia for Dan Harmon’s shitty outlook on life and his inability to be satisfied with a life most creatives would kill for.
He’s just an ingrate and so is Rick.

The only way the whole multiverse canceling out ethics and moral obligations thing works is if you ignore the problem of suffering. The series works best when it actively takes the piss out of Rick and highlights that he only gets through the day by “not thinking about it.”

It also feels like mostly a whole bunch of filler episodes that while entertaining have no overarching connection to anything. Why introduce character and plot arcs at the end of season 2 only to never really go back to it again?
Rick and Morty is a silly, over the top cartoon funny show with sci fi elements. It's not designed by a huge group of people watering everything down for mass consumption, it's what the creators find amusing.

Are you laughing sometimes? Are you amused? Then hooray. Don't go looking for life lessons in some dysfunctional alcoholics' ramblings. I mean the creators, not Rick, the cartoon character who isn't real.

It's a funny sci fi cartoon show with some 'witty' observational humor and a slightly better than high school understanding of some random aspects of physics. Don't go looking for a life philosophy from some fucking entertainment product... Don't think 'getting' the jokes makes you smart.

How are so many people so fucking bad at watching TV? Jesus christ, what's it like watching Futurama with some of you maniacs? "I don't approve of bender's philosophy regarding killing all humans, therefore the show is bad".

Some people need to climb down out of their own asses. Shut up, not me assholes, my own words are NEVER applicable to myself!

Shokew

kiwifarms.net
Rick and Morty is a silly, over the top cartoon funny show with sci fi elements. It's not designed by a huge group of people watering everything down for mass consumption, it's what the creators find amusing.

Are you laughing sometimes? Are you amused? Then hooray. Don't go looking for life lessons in some dysfunctional alcoholics' ramblings. I mean the creators, not Rick, the cartoon character who isn't real.

It's a funny sci fi cartoon show with some 'witty' observational humor and a slightly better than high school understanding of some random aspects of physics. Don't go looking for a life philosophy from some fucking entertainment product... Don't think 'getting' the jokes makes you smart.

How are so many people so fucking bad at watching TV? Jesus christ, what's it like watching Futurama with some of you maniacs? "I don't approve of bender's philosophy regarding killing all humans, therefore the show is bad".

Some people need to climb down out of their own asses. Shut up, not me assholes, my own words are NEVER applicable to myself!

LOL CALM DOWN. Now, I understand wholeheartedly that this show ain't some super serious thing, but I'm not sure you understand that it could be so much better than it really is, hence some actual valid criticism here and there for it. Otherwise, if no one cared to do so, it would be forgotten like Tuca and Bertie is destined to be by now.

Stab You in the Back

kiwifarms.net

People--especially younger people--no longer understand that television shows are supposed to be episodic and instead expect everything to be interconnected, meaningful and building towards some grand conclusion. During the 90s, my first exposure to a show might be the last ten minutes of a season four episode I caught on a rerun after school. The idea of not starting at the beginning and meticulously watching every episode, in order, would probably send your typical R&M fan into an autistic fit.

Corbin Dallas Multipass

kiwifarms.net
LOL CALM DOWN. Now, I understand wholeheartedly that this show ain't some super serious thing, but I'm not sure you understand that it could be so much better than it really is, hence some actual valid criticism here and there for it. Otherwise, if no one cared to do so, it would be forgotten like Tuca and Bertie is destined to be by now.
Sure, my message was also CALM DOWN when people are talking about the 'philosophy of the show's and that 'Dan Harmon and Rick are ingrates.

You're complaining about the ethics of multiverses and you're mad the show isn't showing Rick is wrong.

Maybe the show wasn't made to confirm your viewpoint as correct. Maybe Dan Harmon is a random idiot who happens to be funny sometimes regardless of his self loathing.

Maybe a funny cartoon isn't the arbiter of ethics and the ultimate good.

N

NN 401

kiwifarms.net
Sure, my message was also CALM DOWN when people are talking about the 'philosophy of the show's and that 'Dan Harmon and Rick are ingrates.

You're complaining about the ethics of multiverses and you're mad the show isn't showing Rick is wrong.

Maybe the show wasn't made to confirm your viewpoint as correct. Maybe Dan Harmon is a random idiot who happens to be funny sometimes regardless of his self loathing.

Um...

Rick and Morty are written this way.

If you present a certain kind of character, or ethical questions in your work do you expect people to not pick up on it and comment?

Rick and Morty isn’t particularly deep philosophically speaking so what’s the harm, or autism, in pointing that out? The show isn’t episodic either. It’s lurching towards some kind of conclusion thematically speaking.

Corbin Dallas Multipass

kiwifarms.net
Um...

Rick and Morty are written this way.

If you present a certain kind of character, or ethical questions in your work do you expect people to not pick up on it and comment?

Rick and Morty isn’t particularly deep philosophically speaking so what’s the harm, or autism, in pointing that out? The show isn’t episodic either. It’s lurching towards some kind of conclusion thematically speaking.
Ok fair I'm being autistic.

Shokew

kiwifarms.net

Meh..... I ain't complaining about shit imvolving this show being 2deep/smart/edgy4me, or whatever fucking else, honestly. My only complaints if any at all are for this show to be funny again - and less focus on Summer, but much less on Jerry and Beth. Seriously, fuck this marriage drama BS. Just give me my two fair dorks going on crazy adventures, while being flawed characters worth rooting for, that's all.

Kamen Rider Black RX

Winner: Cole Smithey Award for Valued Opinion
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

I didn't get that impression with s3. To me, season three was about showing the negative influence Rick has had on the rest of the family (or in the case of Jerry, how he manipulates others by acting as a sad sack). In the end, it's about rejecting being like Rick.

N

NN 401

kiwifarms.net
I didn't get that impression with s3. To me, season three was about showing the negative influence Rick has had on the rest of the family (or in the case of Jerry, how he manipulates others by acting as a sad sack). In the end, it's about rejecting being like Rick.

I can see your perspective even if disagree with it.
What sets my sperg off is that season 3 seems more like it should have been the middle of Rick’s character arc as opposed to coming hot on the heels of season 2 where we see Rick sacrificing his freedom for his family and the death of many of his friends.

Here’s the thing: season 3 was still funny and entertaining, to me, but it didn’t seem like a natural progression of events for the family and Rick after the events of season 2.

People became invested in the overarching plots like evil Morty from the second season and they got one measly, if great, episode.

Kamen Rider Black RX

Winner: Cole Smithey Award for Valued Opinion
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What sets my sperg off is that season 3 seems more like it should have been the middle of Rick’s character arc as opposed to coming hot on the heels of season 2 where we see Rick sacrificing his freedom for his family and the death of many of his friends.
d o
Except it was revealed that Rick didn't sacrifice his freedom for his family, he did it to get rid of his enemies and Jerry. It wasn't an act of nobility on his part.

Think about it, Rick was willing to open his heart and allow what's-her-name into his life, only for his two best friends to die. He goes into hiding with his family, only to hear Jerry talking smack about him. At this point, Rick has already decided he's going to get rid of his enemies. The feds, the council of Ricks, and Jerry. Rick was hurt at this point, so he once again acted as an asshole.

But the thing is, Rick is changing. He cares for his family. He saved Jerry from his ex-alien girlfriend's boyfriend, he views his affection for Morty to be one of his more undesirable traits, he lied to get back into the President's good books in order to stay with his family rather than leave for another dimension. Rick has grown attached at this point, and he doesn't like it. Not one bit, because as mentioned he was hurt bad the last time he allowed someone to get close, so he acts out because (and I've said this before) he doesn't want to deal with his own shit, It's always, always been easier for him to run away.