The Rise of the Technocrats - ... and the Fall of Labor Power

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

Ongoing DDoS attack. kiwifarms.ru may work better for now.

Save the Loli

kiwifarms.net
Those planned "communities" of the future always sound so culty.

EPCOT, The Venus Project, the "own nothing and rent everything" idea by the WEF, that thing...
EPCOT has creeped me out since I went to the theme park when I was like 12, and creeped me out even more once I actually learned more about it a few years later. It's that plastic, hollow feeling, the fact that this isn't an organically formed community but a community that some rich guy who thinks he knows better decreed should exist because it's how things SHOULD be done.

Sure, it's just another entry in the long line of utopian communities which goes back centuries, and it's even religious in nature with modernistic science as its faith instead of Christianity. But that's probably exactly what makes it so cult-like. "This is the best way to live, just read the Bible!" is little different than "This is the best way to live, just read the science!" But science is the religion of our world now. No surprise there's a Jonestown, Strong City, Colorado City, etc. vibe to all of these places.
Like I said in another thread, I think that even if climate change crisis isn't a lie, technocrats could still use it as an excuse to seize more power - kind of like with coronavirus and the "New Normal".
It's the ultimate end goal, since no matter who's doing it, the climate is warming which in the short term will cause major changes in Earth's environment, especially in overpopulated areas of the world.

I think some of the climate change stuff like "we're all doomed by 2030!" is nonsense made to rile the useful idiots up and demoralize people. Then there's shit like "climate change caused all these fires" which while it does have a vague basis in fact, is 99% politicians distracting people from shitty forestry and development policies (and of course rile the useful idiots up) But the general thesis of the idea, that by the 22nd century Earth will be several degrees warmer on average causing radical shifts in weather, stronger and more frequent hurricanes, and sea level rise, is very real.

The effects of this will be a breakdown of third world countries and lots of wars, meaning lots of refugees, meaning they get to complete the final stage of global homogenization and can herd the last free people on Earth into pods. Many people will die, which helps with their depopulation agenda and helps with fixing the climate. They won't suffer any consequences from global warming, since by that point they'll mostly be living in space colony Bezos or whatever.

This is why the elite don't give a fuck about their demands for endless economic growth, or shit like shipping

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"we're all doomed by 2030!"
If this world did end by 2030, the bright side is that all this man-made misery would finally end.

No more wars, no more endless circus politics, no more poverty, no more atrocity, no more tyranny.

As for the planned "communities" of the future, what makes them culty to me is that there could be no war or disease, but the happiness people feel there seems artificial. Just like the "community" itself. They can do various jobs, but they sound like pointless busywork. People in them seem to be pointlessly "alive" in "THE SUPERIOR FUTURE".

Last edited:

Maurice Caine

You talkin' to me?
kiwifarms.net
If this world did end by 2030, the bright side is that all this man-made misery would finally end.

No more wars, no more endless circus politics, no more poverty, no more atrocity, no more tyranny.

As for the planned "communities" of the future, what makes them culty to me is that there could be no war or disease, but the happiness people feel there seems artificial. Just like the "community" itself. They can do various jobs, but they sound like pointless busywork. People in them seem to be pointlessly "alive" in "THE SUPERIOR FUTURE".
Meh... if it does happen I don't mind. Lived through worse times.

Drain Todger

Unhinged Doomsayer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

People used to live in smaller, more closely-knit, more meaningful communities than they do today. If isolation is harmful for health, then so is social overload. No one can be friends with a thousand people at once. It's not possible. Super-high-density urban living is a monstrosity.

The thing about modern economies is that they're actually vicious cycles of planned obsolescence and conspicuous consumption. The point of the iPhone 13 is to make you feel bad for "only" having an iPhone 12. The corporate fight against the right-to-repair is, really, a fight to maintain planned obsolescence. Much of the economic growth of the past century has been a result of corporate cartels basically selling us the same things over and over and over again. Case in point, the Phoebus cartel and lightbulb manufacturers agreeing to limit the lifespan of their bulbs. This wasted people's labor and created a lot of unnecessary trash, but it made lots of profit. Likewise, our electronic device consumption habits create tons and tons of E-waste.

What is the neoliberal technocracy's solution to this problem? If the WEF and Klaus Schwab's words are anything to go by, it's servitization. In other words, the abolition of private property and its replacement with leasing goods from corporations that own all property. That way, corporations are assured continuous revenue streams for their rent-seeking behavior, without despoiling the environment as much, and people still get to enjoy the utility of having things, temporarily, on an on-demand basis. Or so they say. In reality, this would be used by the Overlords to limit people's access to specific goods and services according to environmental quotas, ushering in tyranny the likes of which we've never seen before.

Economists and think tanks keep warning of impending ecological and agricultural collapse, and are chiding people for their consumption habits, even as the managerial elite desperately and paradoxically prod people into consuming so that the overclass can continue profiting at the expense of all of us. What gives?

I'll tell you what gives. What we are witnessing is a consolidation of power away from labor and towards capital like never before, which will result, quite literally, in the future from Neill Blomkamp's Elysium becoming reality. The rich will live in walled gardens of insane opulence, while you and I will live in the factory-slums of Hellhole Zone 69. That's what neo-feudalism ultimately means. The middle class destroyed. All mobility from the lower classes to the upper, eradicated. Hereditary wealth and hereditary power from now till the end of time. That's what the elites are currently striving for. They don't want democracy. Maintaining its illusion isn't useful to them anymore.

Our most advanced technologies are being used by the overclass and their professional-managerial class underlings in a manner that is deliberately alienating, invades our privacy, and reduces every aspect of human existence to a commodity. China's social credit system was just a pilot program. The overclass want that sort of tracking of our habits to be universal. They want to take anyone who refuses the managerial state's overreach into their personal lives and brand us as outcasts and lepers, incapable of accessing credit, accessing our bank accounts, flying internationally, et cetera.

Since just about every sane person on this planet would refuse such measures if they were imposed out of the blue, they're using the pretense of a global public health emergency to implement a radical, top-down political, social, and economic transformation of our societies that we neither voted for nor consented to.

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
reduces every aspect of human existence to a commodity
"human resources"

That's what the elites are currently striving for.
That's why if the world ended, it wouldn't be all bad, as the technocrat tyrants would be removed from power.

As said, if the species wasn't so evil-bent or so prone to blind obedience, there'd be no technocrat tyrants.