The Rock Turned Down Hosting The Oscars - Still no host

PS1gamenwatch

kiwifarms.net
www.ign.com/articles/2019/02/07/the-rock-reveals-he-turned-down-hosting-the-oscars

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson revealed that he turned down the opportunity to host this year's Oscars ceremony.

In a new interview with THR, Johnson said he got a call asking him to host the upcoming Academy Awards, and that he met with the telecast's producers multiple times.

“We didn't campaign for it, but it came and I was over the moon and one of those calls where I said, I'm going to have to call you back," Johnson told THR. "I just paused in my silence and was like, wow thank you so much, and then immediately my brain started going, we'll do this kind of number and that.”

Johnson said it was ultimately his commitment to two films — Hobbs and Shaw and the Jumanji sequel — that prevented him from being available for the job.

Johnson revealed he had begun assembling a team to plan performance numbers for the show.

“We were going to turn the Oscars on their head this year and make it something special and unique and different, and start a new era of how Oscars are going to be enjoyed,” Johnson told THR.

Comedian Kevin Hart, coincidentally Johnson's costar in the Jumanji series, was announced as the host back in December. After homophobic tweets of his resurfaced, Hart stepped down.

The Oscars will go hostless for the first time in 30 years. The Academy is reportedly trying to assemble high-profile presenters, including much of the cast of the Avengers, to make up for the lack of a traditional host. The Oscars will air on ABC on Feb. 24.

JambledUpWords

Stairs are my worst enemy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Nobody really watches these much anymore. People are tired of the lectures and pretentiousness these types of things usually have. The Oscars should just host privately and release a list of the winners afterwards. It would save time.

Otis Boi

SpOOKY Cow man extraordinaire
kiwifarms.net
Nobody really watches these much anymore. People are tired of the lectures and pretentiousness these types of things usually have. The Oscars should just host privately and release a list of the winners afterwards. It would save time.

Then how would all the woke celebs be able to show us filthy peasants how woke they are. Not to mention how hard they have it having to sit through lavish award shows while finding the time to talk down to everyone.

JambledUpWords

Stairs are my worst enemy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Then how would all the woke celebs be able to show us filthy peasants how woke they are. Not to mention how hard they have it having to sit through lavish award shows while finding the time to talk down to everyone.
Some of these people will even have to take private jets to the Oscars to lecture us about climate change. Not to mention others that will brow beat us about #MeToo while openly allowing known predators like Roman Polanski at award shows.

Otis Boi

SpOOKY Cow man extraordinaire
kiwifarms.net
Why even have a host? It's not like anyone gives a shit about Hollywood's own jerkoff party outside its immediate circle.

I believe the point is to a host that is recognizable enough and can bring in a general audience so that they can get sell the rights to broadcast the show for more money. This in turn helps subsidize the cost of the show. I honestly think that the reason it is even televised to begin with so they can subsidize it so i donest cost the people running it anything or very little.

registereduser

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Get rekt, Academy

They should do this with the Grammys as well. And the Emmys.
All of the entertainment industry award shows, really.

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
I believe the point is to a host that is recognizable enough and can bring in a general audience so that they can get sell the rights to broadcast the show for more money. This in turn helps subsidize the cost of the show. I honestly think that the reason it is even televised to begin with so they can subsidize it so i donest cost the people running it anything or very little.
But at this point, with it dangerously close to the Oscars, they're either going to have to find someone desperate, or just not have a proper host. I mean the Grammys are trying a no-host method.

Absolutego

Making dough but not enough to blow
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
But at this point, with it dangerously close to the Oscars, they're either going to have to find someone desperate, or just not have a proper host. I mean the Grammys are trying a no-host method.
The Super Bowl was plastered with ads about Alicia Keys hosting the Grammys, what are you on about?

Good on the Rock for avoiding the dumpster fire that is the 2018 Oscars. I'm interested in which Avengers actors are going to be desperate enough to agree to participate in the Academy's mandated capeshit pandering.

Keystone

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The only way the Oscars would get a sizeable audience like the old days is if he had a no holds barred hell-in-a-cell match against these insufferable Hollywood faggots.
A real match too, not the staged* fights you see on WWF.

*Yes I know even staged matches are almost as physically taxing as real wrestling matches.