The Rock Turned Down Hosting The Oscars - Still no host

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon. I REALLY WISH THEY'D HOTFIX THIS SO I CAN REMOVE THIS NOTICE.

MasterDisaster

Probably wearing pants.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What kills me is the 100K gift bags the nominees get. Even if you don't get a little statue man you get a bag filled with lavish and exspensive gifts; last year there were fully paid trips, diamond jewelry and other pricy swag.
The real fucked up part is companies pay to have a product put in a bag, 4k or more, because nothing sells extravagant shit like celebrities that can afford gum rejuvenation sessions or month long retreats.

Didn't Paltrow get mocked a few years back for pushing some sort of cream that was a couple grand?

whatever I feel like

Disney Diaper Size Fetish Enthusiast
kiwifarms.net
Counterpoint to people saying that being a host is pointless: It really launched Ricky Gervais in the country.
Counterpoint to that: Oscar's would never hire someone like Ricky in this political climate and, indeed, unofficially fired him because he was too mean.

I'm interested in which Avengers actors are going to be desperate enough to agree to participate in the Academy's mandated capeshit pandering.
I'm not sure what you mean by that, as the Oscars have been famously snubbing superhero films for almost two decades now. Also people who call it capeshit are dumb.

Next Task

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Oscar's would never hire someone like Ricky in this political climate and, indeed, unofficially fired him because he was too mean.

Gervais hosted the Golden Globes. Still, the Oscars got Seth McFarlane, so it's not like they're all that smart with their choices.

I'm not sure what you mean by that, as the Oscars have been famously snubbing superhero films for almost two decades now. Also people who call it capeshit are dumb.

Except for this year, with Black Panther getting a Best Picture nomination. Disney has motivation to get the Avengers to support the nomination, even though Black Panther wasn't even the best MCU movie released last year, or even better than the one immediately before it.