The Sexual Revolution - and it's consequences have been a disaster for the human race

Jones McCann

Who was dragged down by the stone
kiwifarms.net
I came across an interesting article today courtesy of @Devyn, it's about the study of the relationship between sex and culture by Oxford social anthropologist J.D. Unwin. It's interesting to note this book came out in 1934, decades before the sexual revolution would be in full swing in American culture. Aldous Huxley, the author of Brave New World, described the book as "a work of the highest importance". In the article the author gives a distillation of the book (including a summary (a)), his own theories for the cultural path of the US and attempts to verify if the sexual revolution is having the effect on American culture as described in the book.

The article in question (a).

It is not hard to draw parallels between the book and the direction of American culture (and the global western culture, generally) since the sexual revolution. What are your thoughts on the matter, is the sexual revolution to blame for the current cultural direction of western society and the loss of religion? Is it simply a sympton of a greater problem?

L50LasPak

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.
kiwifarms.net
I don't think you need to be religious or even terribly morally conscious to notice that the Sexual Revolution led to the rise of a totally hedonistic culture of sex addicts. We know that sex produces physiological and psychological responses in the nervous system that are similar to drugs, and despite the metric tons of denial from the media yes, it is possible to get addicted. Particularly its been found that the earlier someone has sex in their development, the more likely they'll be to become a sex addict, probably because it screwed with their brain development the same way underage drinking or drug use does.

Essentially we have a culture of junkies who are addicted but disguise that addiction with "Its natural! Its free love! DON'T TEL ME WHAT TO DO WITH MY BODY, BIGOT!" I look down on sex addicts the same way someone who enjoys a stiff drink with a nice meal looks down on the guy who needs an entire bottle of vodka to get to sleep every night. And we all know the type, too.

Jones McCann

Who was dragged down by the stone
kiwifarms.net
I'm also curious to know if the Soviets had anything to do with the sexual revolution. We know they had psyops in the US but I don't believe the full extend of it was ever released, and I doubt the Soviets were keeping records of this. We already know there was a strong marxist influence in the universities during the time of the sexual revolution which continues to this day. It's really not a far stretch to believe the Soviets were involved in some way, even if they weren't the main catalyst.

(1:07:30)

L50LasPak

kiwifarms.net
I'm also curious to know if the Soviets had anything to do with the sexual revolution. We know they had psyops in the US but I don't believe the full extend of it was ever released, and I doubt the Soviets were keeping records of this. We already know there was a strong marxist influence in the universities during the time of the sexual revolution which continues to this day. It's really not a far stretch to believe the Soviets were involved in some way, even if they weren't the main catalyst.

Eh I think that possibility is kind of remote. Soviet culture was still pretty conservative in some ways. Though the image of a KGB officer sitting around with his smoking buddies and going "I've got it comrades, we'll destroy America by making them fuck like rabbits!" is pretty amusing.

Lemmingwise

You just know
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
also curious to know if the Soviets had anything to do with the sexual revolution
I'm sure they've had a hand in it, but the earliest roots for the sexual revolution, and one of its most enduring pillars, is alfred kinsey. Not only did his "research" completely transform people's perception of sex, as well as inspiring for example hugh hefner to start playboy and popularize the intellectual ideas of kinsey's "studies", but it is the basis for many myths that are still widely believed today, such as that 1 in 5 men are gay.

Although this started just after the war, it was Rockefeller funded, not soviet funded and had roots in american eugenics movements that started rebranding after WW2.

I've got it comrades, we'll destroy America by making them fuck like rabbits!"

As a destabilizing strategy it works fine. Think about it from a tactical level. It doesn't matter if their culture is conservative, or left wing or right wing. The goal is to weaken a competitor and you know it's a long term fight.

How do you weaken them?

Well you empower and fund whatever dissidents there are.

The same reason the US funded a fascistic revolution of the Ukraine. What do they care if the new government is fascistic if it is indebted to them?

The soviets scored a major propaganda coup for the vietnam war. Make love not war. Using people's sex drive to fuel anti-war sentiment.

L50LasPak

kiwifarms.net
As a destabilizing strategy it works fine. Think about it from a tactical level. It doesn't matter if their culture is conservative, or left wing or right wing. The goal is to weaken a competitor and you know it's a long term fight.

How do you weaken them?

Well you empower and fund whatever dissidents there are.

The same reason the US funded a fascistic revolution of the Ukraine. What do they care if the new government is fascistic if it is indebted to them?

The soviets scored a major propaganda coup for the vietnam war. Make love not war. Using people's sex drive to fuel anti-war sentiment.

The scale of it is impractical though. The number of people affected by that cultural zeitgeist measured the lion's share of an entire generation. Millions of people who grew up in and worked in a fundamentally different culture with different beliefs, religious upbringing, language, history and geography separated by two of the largest oceans on the planet. That's a level of infiltration so sophisticated and involving such a tremendous amount of manpower and operatives that I'm not even sure its possible. You'd think if the KGB could have pulled something like that off without us finding out and declaring war on the spot, the Soviet Union would still be around.

This free love bullshit, hedonism and total apathy is all endemic if you ask me. I think every human being has the potential to shut down and begin ignoring the world around them once the going gets too tough and things become too overwhelming. Worst part is I think what's happening to this country is still in the early stages.

Lemmingwise

You just know
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The scale of it is impractical though. The number of people affected by that cultural zeitgeist measured the lion's share of an entire generation. Millions of people who grew up in and worked in a fundamentally different culture with different beliefs, religious upbringing, language, history and geography separated by two of the largest oceans on the planet. That's a level of infiltration so sophisticated and involving such a tremendous amount of manpower and operatives that I'm not even sure its possible. You'd think if the KGB could have pulled something like that off without us finding out and declaring war on the spot, the Soviet Union would still be around.

This free love bullshit, hedonism and total apathy is all endemic if you ask me. I think every human being has the potential to shut down and begin ignoring the world around them once the going gets too tough and things become too overwhelming. Worst part is I think what's happening to this country is still in the early stages.
I'm not saying soviet socially engineered it from the start anymore than US socially engineered fascism in ukraine.

It's more like getting a couple of intellectuals in, or maybe managing to bribe ir charm a few, or making sure that those with specific sympathies are more succesful. Then people seek to emulate the succesful and it becomes self-sustaining.

That would be the cheap way to do it, and why spend more than necessary?

The basic idea is just delivering some guns and ammunition to rebels who want to fight a revolution, but instead of guns for a violent revolution it's just some resources and maybe some help organising for a cultural revolution.

Just look at something like stonewall riots, a watershed moment. Look up the people that organised the marches, like harry hays. All communist sympathisers, if not died in the wool red.

Last edited:

L50LasPak

kiwifarms.net
It's more like getting a couple of intellectuals in, or maybe managing to bribe ir charm a few, or making sure that those with specific sympathies are more succesful. Then people seek to emulate the succesful and it becomes self-sustaining.

Yeah but what stops them from getting lost in the sea of all the other weird ideas being tossed around at the time?

Lemmingwise

You just know
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah but what stops them from getting lost in the sea of all the other weird ideas being tossed around at the time?
I've read various accounts of people receiving low amounts of russian funds that did ended up getting lost in the sea and having little influence.

It's kinda like scientology and targetting celebrities. Students are easy to reach, cheap to build a relation with, and then if they're succesful they can have considerable influence so you play the lottery a couple of times.

Of course it's speculation on my part whether russians actually did. Kinsey and rockefeller role is ironclad and verifiable by multiple sources, including their own. Me thinking soviets may have given things a push is just my soeculation. Some things like flower power were so significant, I find it hard to imagine that there was no soviet influence at all to it. But I don't know, I haven't studied that like I've studied the kinsey institute.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: L50LasPak

Y2K Baby

The Codex of Ultimate Wisdom???
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

(1:07:30)
Shut up.

Tags
None