The Shin Megami Tensei/Persona Thread -

That Stupid Fucking Tree

Don't you have anything better to do?
kiwifarms.net
I'm looking forward to getting the PC port.
Ew9Oq55W8AACsA8.jpg
Ew9OrjOWUAQv7qW.jpg

Namesarehardtocomeupwith

Honey~ Works~
kiwifarms.net
Pfff not picking superior Ame-no-Uzubae

edit:
I’m torn between getting Nocturne on PC or Switch

PC for the inevitable nude mod. Though apparently it's overpriced as fuck in some region from what I get skimming the discussion.
But the best part is the bargaining and cope.

Untitled.png

>Buy P4G so atlus port persona 5 future titles.
>Buy P5S so atlus port persona 5 future titles.
>Buy Nocturne HD so atlus port persona 5 future titles

There's a winning strategy here. Atlus could just release whatever as ransom for the possibility of a persona port and people will continue eating it up and defense their practices.

Rotollo 2

"Consider Euthanasia!"
kiwifarms.net
PC for the inevitable nude mod. Though apparently it's overpriced as fuck in some region from what I get skimming the discussion.

View attachment 2014176

There's a winning strategy here. Atlus could just release whatever as ransom for the possibility of a persona port and people will continue eating it up and defense their practices.
I don't get everyone is worried about Atlus turning the breaks on the PC port train if Nocturne under preforms, when Golden was such a big deal and P5S sold really damn well despite them not porting OG P5 to PC (unless you go through RPCS3 which unless you have a toaster you should be able to run fine). and even then while initial sales are great with shit like steam sales and PC's larger compatibility down the line ports like Nocturne and strikers will just be passive income as the market place grows overtime. Plus you got daddy sega noticing how Yakuza helped grow it's niche thanks to 0's release and can see that the larger Megaten series could replicate that if they put their full weight behind it

Last edited:

PuffyGroundCloud

Steak Connoisseur
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 2014176

I mean, Atlus price meme is a thing.
The pro side for PC port is I can pirate it to avoid Denuvo.
The pro side of Switch is at least I’m not abandoning it.

Rotollo 2

"Consider Euthanasia!"
kiwifarms.net
The pro side for PC port is I can pirate it to avoid Denuvo.
The best thing about SMT3 also getting the digital deluxe version treatment is you know that version will get a Denuvoless EXE for it's 1.0 prerelease
On one hand I think it might be out of incompetence due to their relative inexperience but it would be their 3rd time doing it with nocturne, so it might be that they are trying to make this shit easily pirateable but that might be abit too tinfoil hat
Either way I will jokingly say that atlus is my favorite cracking group now lol.

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You know, I’ve been rewatching a lot of Persona 5 videos after finishing Strikers, and there’s this one video that keeps popping up in my recommendations that I think has some kind of reputation. It’s a five hour video that’s called “Persona 5: Style Over Substance” and is apparently a guy badly critiquing the game just to shit all over it.

Last edited:

Agent Abe Caprine

Defends the dignity of the retarded
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 2014176

This strategy is sadly expected for Japanese devs. Isn't unique to PC or ports, either. Square Enix has done it with Western releases of Dragon Quest. Want more Dragon Quest? Buy this Mineycrafta clone you have no interest in.

At least it'll trick people into playing a real Shin Megami Tensei game.

Gravityqueen4life

kiwifarms.net
You know, I’ve been rewatching a lot of Persona 5 videos after finishing Strikers, and there’s this one video that keeps popping up in my recommendations that I think has some kind of reputation. It’s a five hour video that’s called “Persona 5: Style Over Substance” and is apparently a guy badly critiquing the game just to shot all over it, apparently.
Watch it.

Rotollo 2

"Consider Euthanasia!"
kiwifarms.net
You know, I’ve been rewatching a lot of Persona 5 videos after finishing Strikers, and there’s this one video that keeps popping up in my recommendations that I think has some kind of reputation. It’s a five hour video that’s called “Persona 5: Style Over Substance” and is apparently a guy badly critiquing the game just to shot all over it, apparently.
The best part is that in repsonse some guy made a 5 hour long video in response to it as well, which means the autism nexus balances each other out

Legoshi

Haru-chan, I'm a gijinka now!
kiwifarms.net
I can't wait to play Nocturne and SMT 5 on Switch. I'd love to play the other iterations in the franchise and I know I can download them on my laptop, but I have to use it for work purposes and it would clog up the remaining space on my hard drive. SMT I and II were available on the Apple app store but they were taken down. I don't really like playing on PC either and they aren't available on other platforms. :(

Violence Jack

Out of his gourd
kiwifarms.net
I've started playing Persona 5 Strikers, I'm only about 4 hours in and so far I'm having fun. I am shocked with how much Persona 5 DNA is actually in it.
I wanna check it out after finishing Persona 5 Royal. Do you think you're half way through the game? I'm hoping it'll at least be 8 hours.

Violence Jack

Out of his gourd
kiwifarms.net
I'm still in the tutorial. I'm pretty sure you don't need to have played Royal to play Strikers.
That's pretty surprising in that case I'm definitely gonna check it out. I'm guessing that means none of the characters added in Royal made it in to Strikers. Which is kind of a bummer, but that's the nature of spin-offs.

Rotollo 2

"Consider Euthanasia!"
kiwifarms.net
That's pretty surprising in that case I'm definitely gonna check it out. I'm guessing that means none of the characters added in Royal made it in to Strikers. Which is kind of a bummer, but that's the nature of spin-offs.
It's because both games were being developed simultaniously so all Atlus staff could really do was make sure that Strikers didn't do anything that "contradicted" royals new content