World The Shocking Paper Predicting the End of Democracy - Human brains aren’t built for self-rule, says Shawn Rosenberg. That’s more evident than ever.

Is Shawn Rosenberg right? Or at least accurate?

• Yes. We should all return to authoritarian systems of government, like monarchy and oligarchy.

Votes: 16 7.8%
  • No. Rosenberg is just another fart-huffing pseudointellectual "academic"

Votes: 100 48.5%
  • I don't know/I'm not sure

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • "Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the others" - paraphrase of Churchill

Votes: 61 29.6%
  • Mostly accurate, some parts inaccurate

Votes: 12 5.8%
  • Mostly inaccurate, some parts accurate

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Equal parts accurate and innacurate

Votes: 5 2.4%

• Total voters

Slap47

Hehe xd
kiwifarms.net
I like how none of these people cry about "left-wing populists", only "right-wing populists".

As if populism is inherently bad. Or that only right-wingers can be populists. Or that right-wing populism is the only kind of populism that's bad.

Really makes you :thinking:.
They don't think that left wing populism is possible. The masses need the academics to guide them.

Homoerotic Cougar-kun

Cata-mount dat ass.
kiwifarms.net
Frédéric motherfucking Bastiat said:
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
Rosenberg who the fuck are you? Who the fuck do you think you are?

Dr W

In the end, the living shall envy the dead.
kiwifarms.net
Every man a king!
What is the difference between a man and a king anyway?

Also, Trump's a symptom of, not the cause for, America's problems. Just saying, say what you want about him, but the fact that the DNC was so weak that he actually won despite the mountain of scandals and bad press says a lot about the current political environment. As both parties descend into screeching tardation, the people are fucked terminally, and the 'poor elites' don't give a shit about being ignored, they've already won.

TowinKarz

Is it Morning Yet?
kiwifarms.net
He's just a salty baby that people are getting sick of being talked down to, lectured and harranged by those who view themsleves as morally supierior to everyone.
Without any commensurate achievement to justify it, I mean, if you're going to be arrogant, at least have some kind of success to point to as proof. Not pointing at the failings of others as evidence that YOU are above it all. And the liberal elite have had precious little success unless flooding the streets of the cities they control with undocumented immigrants, mental cases, piles of shit and needles and ANTIFA rioters was their goal all along.....

Dr W

In the end, the living shall envy the dead.
kiwifarms.net
Without any commensurate achievement to justify it, I mean, if you're going to be arrogant, at least have some kind of success to point to as proof. Not pointing at the failings of others as evidence that YOU are above it all. And the liberal elite have had precious little success unless flooding the streets of the cities they control with undocumented immigrants, mental cases, piles of shit and needles and ANTIFA rioters was their goal all along.....
Name any one accomplishment by the elites of America in the past fifty years that benefited the masses in any way.

I'll wait.

uncleShitHeel

Chain Smoker
kiwifarms.net
Rating you widly optimstic rather than exceptional, I'm going to assume you havent been paying attention to anything for the last four-five years.

The dunning-kruger affect isnt grounded in reality.

Edit: spelling.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
But you don't understand these people, they have ideas.....

You just need to do their ideas and you'll have utopia it's simple!

Liber Pater

kiwifarms.net
The only problem is that democracy isn't about "governing yourself," but rather, governing other people (e.g. your neighbors, future neighbors, society as a whole, etc). No system of government is about "self-government" (other than anarchism). It's about managing the social contract between different people/groups.
What the body of research he is citing really boils down to is that people are tribal, irrational, and bad at governing each other in a mutually beneficial way. Elites tend to be bad at it too, but Rosenberg seems to dismiss that concern. The presupposition that almost always goes unchallenged in these arguments is that a high level of governance and social organization is beneficial or necessary. If large underlying social forces like the Internet or social media are corrupting government with "evil populism" and making it impossible for democracies to govern well, then why not simply govern less? "Bad leaders" in government aren't really that scary when they don't have much power.
The substance behind the paper is not really new or shocking, the startling part is the (((conclusions))) about ideal methods of governance (i.e. oligarchy) that the author reaches based on his evidence.

I Love Beef

Wandering Vagabond the 2nd. In memory
kiwifarms.net
Oh fucking please.

If we never had an economic recession back in 2008 or if we suddenly experienced a major boost to the global economy, the lefttards would be laying on their asses or would be arguing about other bullshit.

Even then, it's other problems, but these are the kinds of dumbfucks who play the game of extreme sides and all must die if they don't comply.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino