World The Shocking Paper Predicting the End of Democracy - Human brains aren’t built for self-rule, says Shawn Rosenberg. That’s more evident than ever.

Is Shawn Rosenberg right? Or at least accurate?

• Yes. We should all return to authoritarian systems of government, like monarchy and oligarchy.

Votes: 16 7.8%
  • No. Rosenberg is just another fart-huffing pseudointellectual "academic"

Votes: 100 48.5%
  • I don't know/I'm not sure

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • "Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the others" - paraphrase of Churchill

Votes: 61 29.6%
  • Mostly accurate, some parts inaccurate

Votes: 12 5.8%
  • Mostly inaccurate, some parts accurate

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Equal parts accurate and innacurate

Votes: 5 2.4%

• Total voters

Save the Loli

kiwifarms.net
I feel that as they find their influence over people's hearts and minds challenged, they increasingly begin dreaming about a new revolution, complete with commissars beating the correct values into people's heads.
They'll get a revolution all right, it just won't be the one they asked for. People put up with a lot of shit when the economy is good and their expectations of what society should do for them are met. When their expectations aren't met and the economy is shit, you get fun stuff like the French Revolution, 1848/Springtime of Nations, Russian Revolution, Fall of the Eastern Bloc, Arab Spring, etc. This globalist system is fucked the same way absolutist monarchies were in the 1780s or Soviet communism was in the 1980s, its only a matter of when will shit implode and how much will the global elite take down with them, which could literally be as much as civilization itself.

Ягода

Ягода малина или генрих Ягода
kiwifarms.net
I don't know about other countries, but during Russian civil war and WWII, a lot of communities and even smaller regions could govern themselves just fine, anarchism works on smaller scale, but it has no chance against an army ruled by a totalitarian asshole who can levy heavy taxes (or just confiscate shit) and mindless drones.

The tree of liberty is parched.

Freedom Fries

kiwifarms.net
(((The Shocking Paper Predicting the End of Democracy - Human brains aren’t built for self-rule, says Shawn Rosenberg. That’s more evident than ever.)))
These goy cattle sure are getting uppity; shut it down - the article.

What's also funny is that this guy probably just thinks he is an elite rather than actually being one.

See, I agree with literally everything else, but that stupid wall idea is just a waste of time and money. I'd much rather push that money towards nuclear power, infrastructure repair, and telecommunications networks, since you'd get more value out of it both economically and politically than a wall would.
If a wall is built and works (read is supported by proper enforcement protocols) it would pay for itself rather quickly. Illegal immigrants and asylum seekers are a huge drain and so are their anchor babies.

Dr W

In the end, the living shall envy the dead.
kiwifarms.net
It's funny, I don't remember a goddamn word being spoken about immigration until Trump made it a massive deal. People are going to slip through, I say we exploit it. Incentivize people to show up legally, and then throw them into the same debt cycle that Gens X, Y, and Z are going through.

Triplethreat

kiwifarms.net
Of course, none of this could be because the "elites" themselves are very often inconsistent and untrustworthy. No, it's clear that masses are too dumb to comprehend the flowing truth that comes from CNN and MSNBC.
Not only that the elites are inconsistent and untrustworthy- it’s that they have their own agenda. Let’s stop pretending that Harvard elites are somehow just in service to the people for the good of all the people... Altruism at this scale and at this level does not exist and to pretend it does is ridiculous.

SilkGnut

Gnuts of the Finest Silk
kiwifarms.net
Of course, even the American system failed. The country was thrown into a chaotic civil war by a clique of aristocrats who threw a fit when they lost their veto power over the affairs of the entire country.

They key to any democracy is ensuring that every major interest group has their needs attended to. The big issue now is how much will this be done to the expense of interest groups that no longer matter.

The Civil War is, and always has been solely about slavery.

We have always been at war with Eastasia.
They'll get a revolution all right, it just won't be the one they asked for. People put up with a lot of shit when the economy is good and their expectations of what society should do for them are met. When their expectations aren't met and the economy is shit, you get fun stuff like the French Revolution, 1848/Springtime of Nations, Russian Revolution, Fall of the Eastern Bloc, Arab Spring, etc. This globalist system is fucked the same way absolutist monarchies were in the 1780s or Soviet communism was in the 1980s, its only a matter of when will shit implode and how much will the global elite take down with them, which could literally be as much as civilization itself.
Revolutions tend to be steered by parties that "know better". Do not forget the Committee of Public Safety and their... interesting logo.

History does not usually repeat wholesale... but it does tend to rhyme.

Last edited:

Elwood P. Dowd

I am the lizard king. I can do ... anything.
kiwifarms.net
I can sort of see his thesis; it honestly sounds like he's riffing of Arnold Toynbee or Oswald Spengler as much as he's doing anything else. What's interesting is that he neither offers any kind of solution or even offers the slightest idea as to what sort of political system he would prefer in an ideal world.

As an aisde, the scary thing is, the older I get the more attractive something like Singapore under Lee Kuan Yew sounds. The main problem I have with such a system is you have no way of knowing if you're going to end up with a buffoon like Mussolini or Mugabe in charge instead.

P

PT 522

kiwifarms.net
Just popping in to say that these fluff "studies" are always written less as an actual scientific review and more as political commentary. Do you remember that climate change study from a few months back that was basically just post-apocalyptic fanfiction, and it sent people into hysterics? They all mean nothing.

TowinKarz

Is it Morning Yet?
kiwifarms.net
The main problem I have with such a system is you have no way of knowing if you're going to end up with a buffoon like Mussolini or Mugabe in charge instead.
It's not a question of "IF" - the US has had some God-awful Presidents, imagine what would have happened if they were unfettered by having to convince a Congress to pass their laws or a court telling them they couldn't do something.... and even so we got massive bureaucratic overreach and and unsustainable welfare state anyway throughout the 60's and 70's that lead us to the $22 trillion in the hole we're in and still the "elites" want to keep giving more because running a defect literally unforeseen at any other time in human history is something the small folk like me can't conceive of, or call anyone out over and having gone this far. Because putting even MORE people on the dole and allowing even non-citizens to get in the FREE SHIT line is makes logical sense, somehow, I'm just too dumb to see it and the galaxy-brains up top would LOVE to explain it to me, but see, I wouldn't understand so just get out of the way......

One-person rule doesn't work.

But 1,000 person rule doesn't "work" either, it just fails slower so there's a chance to back up from the cliff.

frozenrunner

I could really use the salt
kiwifarms.net
I'd rather be led by intellectuals than by bankers.
Then you're a fool. The worst evils ever unleashed upon humanity have come from would-be philosopher kings driven by their big brains and superior understanding of how things should be.

At least bankers are in it for themselves. That makes them predictable and gives them a motivation that trumps "I'm doing this for your own good" moralist authoritarianism.

And besides, those bankers are indemnified from the legal consequences of their behavior by politicians and the intellectuals who help them craft law. You should be angry with them. We elect them to keep bankers in line, but they collude with them instead.

The Tree of Liberty something something...

Fagnacious D

and The Dick of Destiny
kiwifarms.net
C.S. Lewis once said...
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

Once the bankers can no longer make a profit from you, they become entirely apathetic towards your existence. Moral busy bodies, SJWs in the modern era, make it both their hobby and their job to make sure everybody is behaving according to what they think is right.

SilkGnut

Gnuts of the Finest Silk
kiwifarms.net
C.S. Lewis once said...
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

Once the bankers can no longer make a profit from you, they become entirely apathetic towards your existence. Moral busy bodies, SJWs in the modern era, make it both their hobby and their job to make sure everybody is behaving according to what they think is right.
The bankers never run out of ways to make money off of people. They may need to change their strategies once certain wells run dry but no population has ever satisfied the lust of the bankers.

The scary possibility in my eyes is the current incarnation of combining the two ideas. Tranny enforced bankerism with a veneer of morality.

TowinKarz

Is it Morning Yet?
kiwifarms.net
At least bankers are in it for themselves. That makes them predictable and gives them a motivation that trumps "I'm doing this for your own good" moralist authoritarianism.
Yep, see above: A robber baron will leave you alone if you are without money, but the ideologue will not rest until your very thoughts and dreams have been made "correct" .

The bankers never run out of ways to make money off of people. They may need to change their strategies once certain wells run dry but no population has ever satisfied the lust of the bankers.

The scary possibility in my eyes is the current incarnation of combining the two ideas. Tranny enforced bankerism with a veneer of morality.
It's why I find the current SJW trend of trying to get your bank to drop you if you wrongthink to be most distressing.

Homoerotic Cougar-kun

Cata-mount dat ass.
kiwifarms.net

What exactly do you fucking think MasterCard jumping on the "deplatform huwite supremacists" train is? Sans the tranny shit, maybe.

Slap47

Hehe xd
kiwifarms.net
No... I'd take the bankers.

The bankers understand how scarcity works.

I can sort of see his thesis; it honestly sounds like he's riffing of Arnold Toynbee or Oswald Spengler as much as he's doing anything else. What's interesting is that he neither offers any kind of solution or even offers the slightest idea as to what sort of political system he would prefer in an ideal world.

As an aisde, the scary thing is, the older I get the more attractive something like Singapore under Lee Kuan Yew sounds. The main problem I have with such a system is you have no way of knowing if you're going to end up with a buffoon like Mussolini or Mugabe in charge instead.
Toynbee's belief that the Roman system was rotten to the core and Gibbon's view that Rome degenerated as it became an empire.

Oddly enough, I'd say that both views are right for both Rome and Washington.

Last edited:

verissimus

kiwifarms.net
No... I'd take the bankers.

The bankers understand how scarcity works.

Toynbee's belief that the Roman system was rotten to the core and Gibbon's view that Rome degenerated as it became an empire.

Oddly enough, I'd say that both views are right for both Rome and Washington.
That and bankers likely wouldn't try conducting whole scale "social experiments" on the country just to test some asinine "theory" of theirs. Then again its possible bankers would insist on funds being diverted to some project(s) which they may have investments in, but the thing is that pretty much everyone would see that coming a mile away and that alone would pretty much stop any such venture from happening. The same can't be said of ventures by crackpot "intellectuals".

TitanWest

kiwifarms.net
"Rosenberg" "diversity" "racism is easily triggered unconsciously in whites".

Of course. The "Culture of Critique" is at it again.

Americans and Westerners tend to have short memories. Rosenberg's people don't. His people tended to be money lenders and advisors who cozied up with the elites. When populist movements rose up in Europe, Rosenberg's tribe of usurious ethnic minorities ended up getting expelled and pogromed. This happened for countless centuries and has etched fear and resentment towards The West into the minds of people like Rosenberg. Of course people like him hate/fear whites and people like him feel more comfortable in a "diverse" society that would accept them. Except for Israel of course, we can't have "diversity" there - that would be a "demographic threat"!

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino