The Sims Modding Community - "[Sims 4] Incest, Teen Romance, Babies For Everyone and more! UPDATED FOR 1.5.149.1020!"

• Apologies for the site issues. The server's shipment was delayed. I'll ask again about it and if they can't provide it I'll source another.

Remove Goat

Wendy_Carter's #1 fan and potential rapist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If modding can make it more stable, then great, but I'm not sure if I wanna go through the effort of securing enough EPs (without giving EA my cash, preferably) to make it more worth-while than TS2.
Eh, Sims 3 doesn't exactly have an "unofficial patch" or any sort of major fix, the only stuff out there is essentially preventative maintenance. Stuff like automatic inventory culling on NPCs to reduce save bloat, for example.

Sure, there's community fixes for specific bugs, but they're largely minor issues and usually only fix the one thing.

It's a shame, really. There used to be a rather big scene for TS2 for fixing shit, yet TS3 never really got that much interest. IIRC, World Adventures still doesn't have some kind of fix to make it actually work on the latest update.

exhausted

Not mad on the internet, just sad on the internet.
kiwifarms.net
you can get torrents of sims 3 with all the packs + store content
mods to improve your experience:
-NRAAS mods, pick and choose the ones you want but Overwatch and Master Controller are very very useful

for aesthetic mods/just improving graphics/making game better (but may make your game slower):
-Consort Mod Grow, which makes the transition from toddler->child->teen less visible, fun if you like more realistic stuff
-Consort Mod Age, which is the same as Grow but for Adult->elder
-NRAAS Story Progression, there are lots of different addons to add more flavor to your game, but the generic one with a bit of tuning to your preference makes the game better if you play longer games- it adds more families, more kids
-NRAAS Temptest, changes weather patterns for different worlds, just another fun realism thing
-Altered Plants, just some recolored plants so they stick out less
-3 Recolors of Harvestable Plants, with vanilla games, a lot of the plants are wildly different shades of green, this lets you choose between all plants matching the shades of the bushes, trees, or vines
-Snow but better/no more ugly snow prints, just makes snow look less glitchy around items

Last edited:

Sparklepants

Concerningly greasy
kiwifarms.net
I'm a few months late, but I can say that The Sims 1 is pretty darned stable and glitchless. The only problem I've had with running it on Windows 7 is the very rare crash that comes from loading a different family and clicking on a different UI panel, but other than that, I can't say I've ever encountered any glitches or bugs in the years that I've played it since launch. It likely comes from the advantage of TS1 being a much simpler game than its sequels.

Meanwhile, The Sims 2 can apparently be screwed up just by deleting your families with the in-game delete function or selling their tombstone. As much as it's my favorite game in the series and the one I continue to play to this day, that's a pretty major oversight, if true.

I've played The Sims 3, but I couldn't stand the long loading times, the inability to micro-manage multiple families, or the bugs that kept cropping up. Plus, it was the first game that demanded I install Origin, which I haven't touched since uninstalling both Origin and TS3. If modding can make it more stable, then great, but I'm not sure if I wanna go through the effort of securing enough EPs (without giving EA my cash, preferably) to make it more worth-while than TS2.

Haven't played TS4. From what I've heard from a friend who has, it isn't worth it, and judging by the comments I see lying around here, it seems he's right.
I forgot, you can get the Sims 3 through Steam. If you have the CD codes you can install it through adding the game codes or just buy it. No Origin necessary.

Azshara

Point blank PERIOD.
kiwifarms.net
Haven't played TS4. From what I've heard from a friend who has, it isn't worth it, and judging by the comments I see lying around here, it seems he's right.
It's not really worth it, they're right.

Honestly if they would just sprinkle the best parts of TS3&4 into TS2 they would have a perfect game on their hands in my opinion. I enjoyed the time I spent playing 3&4 for the most part, but I never lasted more than 6 months with either, unlike with 2 which I still also play to this day.

I'm a bit of a Sims 2 stan as I grew up playing it and it's the only one I ever found super entertaining, but the two successors have just been very bland in my opinion in comparison. While they've added some good features like multi tasking, moodlets and traits, dragging to customize your sim, create a style, and a few other decent quality of life and game play changes, they aren't enough to make the games actually good because of how shitty everything else is.

Yaoi Huntress Earth

My avatar is problematic.
kiwifarms.net
Last edited:

Thiletonomics

도널드 트럼프 승리의 소금.
kiwifarms.net

The 8 of Spades

Don't Fail To Ask Me What ꋖꁝꊿꈜꑀ ꒦ꊿ꒐ꏳꑀꈜ Are Saying.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So, sims 4 was one of the free games for PlayStation Plus this month, anything I should know before I start torturing virtual humans in New and exciting ways?

Nymphella

kiwifarms.net
Just pirate it for pc, the console version is a husk of a game.
Wait. Did they stop making the console version of the sims more mission oriented like they did with the older console version of the sims and try to make it like a lite version of the pc version? Sure, the gamecube version of the sims was very limited but get a life mode was pretty fun for what it was.

Snail

kiwifarms.net
Wait. Did they stop making the console version of the sims more mission oriented like they did with the older console version of the sims and try to make it like a lite version of the pc version? Sure, the gamecube version of the sims was very limited but get a life mode was pretty fun for what it was.
Yeah, it's just PC-lite, now, afaik. They even want this online Sims 5 to have cross-platform multiplayer.

Nymphella

kiwifarms.net
Yeah, it's just PC-lite, now, afaik. They even want this online Sims 5 to have cross-platform multiplayer.
That's really sad. The older ones worked because the people behind them knew the console had limitations but they made it work. Some of it was kinda campy like the gba and ds games for sims bustin out and urbz but there was a fun charm to it that I'm guessing EA will never allow on modern sims? Who's the idiot at EA who thinks online crossplatform is a good idea? That's a terrible idea.

• Agree
Reactions: Twolegstillmidnight