The Sims Modding Community - "[Sims 4] Incest, Teen Romance, Babies For Everyone and more! UPDATED FOR 1.5.149.1020!"

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

Thiletonomics

도널드 트럼프 승리의 소금.
kiwifarms.net
That's really sad. The older ones worked because the people behind them knew the console had limitations but they made it work. Some of it was kinda campy like the gba and ds games for sims bustin out and urbz but there was a fun charm to it that I'm guessing EA will never allow on modern sims? Who's the idiot at EA who thinks online crossplatform is a good idea? That's a terrible idea.
Not to mention that the previous Console games had their own set of features to make them unique, i.e. being able to control your Sims directly in 3rd-person view in the console version of TS2. TS4's console version is pretty much a copy-paste of the PC version.

LonnieRohn

Buy my games
kiwifarms.net
The guy that did the music for the urbz DS and the sims 2 DS uploaded a remastered version of the soundtrack on YouTube including some unused songs.

Nice find, I love the Sims 2 DS game and hearing create-a-sim theme in high quality is a treat

SnowBall

God Tier Problematic
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Am I the only one who prefers 3 over 2? Don’t get me wrong 2 is a fantastic game. It was the first Sims title I owned (I played the first one occasionally at a friend’s house) and while I poured so many hours into it for some reason Sims 3 pulled me in more. Which is funny because when 3 first came out I was one of those people who stuck with 2 and didn’t want to move on. Then I got into it and found the game so much more fun. Granted it is an extremely slow buggy mess without mods but there is something charming about it that the other entries lack. I think it is because of the open world and being able to spy on Sims from other households. I love zooming in on community lots and watching Sims outside my control doing stupid shit without my interference. I also love going to other houses and harvesting their plants. I love the gardening system and all the unique skills like cooking, wine making, sculpting, science, alchemy, etc. I hated how Sim 4 neutered most of them.

That said I do miss all the romantic interactions and systems from 2. I found a mod that added some of it back but it is extremely outdated.

Cure Milquetoast

kiwifarms.net
Am I the only one who prefers 3 over 2? Don’t get me wrong 2 is a fantastic game. It was the first Sims title I owned (I played the first one occasionally at a friend’s house) and while I poured so many hours into it for some reason Sims 3 pulled me in more. Which is funny because when 3 first came out I was one of those people who stuck with 2 and didn’t want to move on. Then I got into it and found the game so much more fun. Granted it is an extremely slow buggy mess without mods but there is something charming about it that the other entries lack. I think it is because of the open world and being able to spy on Sims from other households. I love zooming in on community lots and watching Sims outside my control doing stupid shit without my interference. I also love going to other houses and harvesting their plants. I love the gardening system and all the unique skills like cooking, wine making, sculpting, science, alchemy, etc. I hated how Sim 4 neutered most of them.

That said I do miss all the romantic interactions and systems from 2. I found a mod that added some of it back but it is extremely outdated.
There's actually a significant portion who prefer 3 over 2, at least judging by simsecret. I think pretty much everyone wished that 4 was a mix of 3 and 2 instead of .... 4.

Twolegstillmidnight

Off with her legs!
kiwifarms.net
I’ve played the Sims titles since SimCity and Sim Safari, and the Sims 2 was my favorite, but after sinking a lot of time into 4 I think it’s the title out of the series that actually gets unfairly judged. I’m not going to say it is in the same level of 2 or 3 but it’s not a bad game. It suffers from the same disease as many EA games in that it’s not a complete game without expansions as discussed here but the Sims have personalities and AIs that remind me extensively of the Sims 2.

In the Sims 2 your Sim plotted out their personality points for each category but the limited coding of the game meant if you changed your Sim’s personality with boolprop, you suddenly basically had two personalities your Sim was coded to act from. Nervous Subject is the classic example of this.

#4 uses the trait system but it also assigns every sim in the game a set of random, hidden traits. There’s a lot of outdated information on Google I noticed, as the sites talking about hidden traits only include the markers the game gives to your Sim to indicate if it is left/right handed, whether they’ve kissed/woohoo’d, and the aspirational traits, but it also randomizes and gives your Sim at least one hidden trait from the trait selection screen. I don’t know if the Sims made in CAS get one but babies born into your game do. When a baby is born they can also receive any number of hidden traits they inherited from the parent Sim.

I have a family of evil mastermind Sims who popped out a Good child, only noticeable by the fact that the whole family becomes angry as hell just by being in the room with the toddler. Then that toddler grew up and must have picked up a Mean hidden trait because the whole fucking neighborhood hates that child.

I have a ton of evil Sims in my game and they have a great deal of autonomous actions. If you have Get to Work, Evil Sims will autonomously choose to interact with the Satellite and make your whole neighborhood piss itself.

Over. And over. And over. Then they’ll control the Hivemind to make everyone dance in their piss. If you start a club and select as an action for them to use the Science objects they’ll also use it but it is slightly less autonomous than your Evil butler choosing to fuck with your house.

I’ve seen some really fun autonomous actions in this game. Is it the Sims 2 or 3? No, but it also isn’t quite the dumpster fire everyone here is touting it as. I wrote it off too until I watched CallMeKevin play and realized there was a lot more depth than what people seem to highlight. Even Kevin barely touches on the aspects of the game. Sims 4 requires more patience than the previous two games when starting off. I love the Sims 2 SO much but after what I’ve seen in this one I don’t think I could go back.

Thiletonomics

도널드 트럼프 승리의 소금.
kiwifarms.net
I’ve seen some really fun autonomous actions in this game. Is it the Sims 2 or 3? No, but it also isn’t quite the dumpster fire everyone here is touting it as. I wrote it off too until I watched CallMeKevin play and realized there was a lot more depth than what people seem to highlight. Even Kevin barely touches on the aspects of the game. Sims 4 requires more patience than the previous two games when starting off. I love the Sims 2 SO much but after what I’ve seen in this one I don’t think I could go back.
It's probably more about the mods that Kevin uses, i.e. the Extreme Violence Mod, since he focuses on the killing aspect of the game, and Sims isn't his primary focus on his YouTube channel. Compare that to say, other channels that solely focus on The Sims series, I'm not sure if those autonomous actions would stand out just as well.

Also, people give Sims 4 flak (which is justified), because of how lazy the game comes off as being. The 20th Anniversary "gifts" was one of the many stand-out moments of that, and some of the Stuff Packs seem to have been created so EA can get more $$$. The Photography studio being in the Moschino, I mean Mosquito, Stuff Pack seems like EA threw it in there as an excuse to get people to buy that Stuff Pack, while that item would have easily fit into the Get Famous EP. The same can be said about the Murphy Bed, as it would have been a fitting edition with either City Living or Discover University, but EA decided to have it be the focus of a Stuff Pack based on the tiny homes trend.

Last edited:
Reactions: exhausted

Twolegstillmidnight

Off with her legs!
kiwifarms.net
It's probably more about the mods that Kevin uses, i.e. the Extreme Violence Mod, since he focuses on the killing aspect of the game, and Sims isn't his primary focus on his YouTube channel. Compare that to say, other channels that solely focus on The Sims series, I'm not sure if those autonomous actions would stand out just as well.
Uh no, the stuff I quoted happened in my game with no custom content. Kevin doesn’t use custom content in his early Sims 4 videos either except when he downloads the Book of Chaos mod. The one you talk about didn’t come till much later.

and I don’t play with CC because the Sims 4 corrupts much easier than the other games. I hate that about it. You had to work hard in the Sims 2 to corrupt the game.

• Disagree
Reactions: Lackadaisy

Elysian

kiwifarms.net
Uh no, the stuff I quoted happened in my game with no custom content. Kevin doesn’t use custom content in his early Sims 4 videos either except when he downloads the Book of Chaos mod. The one you talk about didn’t come till much later.

and I don’t play with CC because the Sims 4 corrupts much easier than the other games. I hate that about it. You had to work hard in the Sims 2 to corrupt the game.
You could corrupt the Sims 2 by looking at it funny. The game’s built-in “delete family” button would corrupt the neighbourhood sometimes because it wouldn’t delete the family properly and would leave random bits of data behind that would confuse the game.

Cure Milquetoast

kiwifarms.net
You could corrupt the Sims 2 by looking at it funny. The game’s built-in “delete family” button would corrupt the neighbourhood sometimes because it wouldn’t delete the family properly and would leave random bits of data behind that would confuse the game.
Hell, you could even corrupt the game by just letting a premade Sim's pregnancy come to term, if it didn't have a particular patch applied.

The Ottomas twins originally shipped with a serious neighborhood-corrupting bug. When they're born, the twins' father when looked in the family tree might be connected to random Sim, whether it's a townie, an NPC, the Grim Reaper, or even a pet. Moreover, the babies might look deformed. When the twins are left born in an unpatched game, they will eventually lead to neighborhood corruption. The bug is fixed in the Seasons patch, but it will only fix instances of the family that are in neighborhoods that have not been loaded since the Seasons expansion pack was installed. The other solution would be to terminate Samantha's pregnancy using a third-party mod or hack, such as the InSimenator. Players who have the Ultimate Collection will have the Seasons patch, and thus do not have to worry about this bug.

Dr. Studman M.D.

Oh, dang, you done gave one lil' ol' reggroll.
kiwifarms.net
Hell, you could even corrupt the game by just letting a premade Sim's pregnancy come to term, if it didn't have a particular patch applied.

The Ottomas twins originally shipped with a serious neighborhood-corrupting bug. When they're born, the twins' father when looked in the family tree might be connected to random Sim, whether it's a townie, an NPC, the Grim Reaper, or even a pet. Moreover, the babies might look deformed. When the twins are left born in an unpatched game, they will eventually lead to neighborhood corruption. The bug is fixed in the Seasons patch, but it will only fix instances of the family that are in neighborhoods that have not been loaded since the Seasons expansion pack was installed. The other solution would be to terminate Samantha's pregnancy using a third-party mod or hack, such as the InSimenator. Players who have the Ultimate Collection will have the Seasons patch, and thus do not have to worry about this bug.
Has anyone incorporated this bug into a story? Gotta kill the mother the devil’s spawns to save the world.

Doomguy246

kiwifarms.net
Doesn't this like totally miss the point of video games? Vidya is supposed to allow you to forget about your shitty mundane life for a few hours, not recreate it. Who the fuck wants allergies in a game? I want to have magical powers that let me defeat demons and shit.
Sims players want to imagine themselves in a perfect life.

Then again, animal haters might want to make a algery as part of their story, for whatever reason. (Oppression of the dogs or autism in remaking themselves.)

Twolegstillmidnight

Off with her legs!
kiwifarms.net
So I decided to join FreeSO after reading this thread, and boy, let me tell you what a bunch of fucking drama queens play this game. Never expected to run into SO many people with Lolcow personalities. The FreeSO discord is like a high school fight about who is more popular with people grabbing screenshots of each other so they can say “Look, they were SO MEAN to me!” This is the type of community who would go out of their way to dox someone on discord because heaven forbid you never put out a plate of food for their Sim when they got on the lot.

• Informative
Reactions: Gene's Secret Cat