• " being called shit is not "mentioned positively." "

TGWTG The Spoony One / Spoony / Noah Antwiler

Discussion in 'Lolcows' started by Plissken, Apr 21, 2013.

Forum Guidelines

Lolcows are people and groups whose eccentric or foolish behavior can be "milked" for amusement and laughs. They are not countries, political figures, celebrities, your highschool bully, or some random YouTuber who doesn't involve himself in drama.

• Be civil.

Don't get angry over Lolcows. If you need to tell people you're better than someone, you're probably not.

• Hide your powerlevel.

Avoid revealing intimate, embarrassing details about yourself. This is not your blog and we are not an asylum.

• Don't backseat moderate.

You are not a moderator. You do not decide if a thread is to remain open or not. You do not decide if someone is a lolcow or not.

• Don't white knight.

Don't turn threads into an intervention. If you want to help, contact them privately. True lolcows reject advice.

• Do not create topics about forum members.

If you believe someone discovered by their account on the forum deserves a thread, ask staff first.

• No trolling plans.

We are not an autistic Illuminati. If you embarrass yourself or the forum trying to troll, we will ridicule you.

• Topic titles should contain aliases.

Keep thread titles as brief as possible and use all their different usernames.

• Archive everything.

Use archival tools to preserve content forever. Upload directly to posts where applicable.

1. I see, I had no idea it had been going on that long, I very rarely watch Jared, his early stuff was good but he's turned into quite the nintendfag the past few years so I lost interest.

He's very much a 'safe' content creator, which I think is the reason he has such a fanbase, plus I think he comes across as a decent bloke who loves his hobby. I liked his E3 round-ups but that's about it lately.

• Agree Agree x 5
    kiwifarms.net
  2. Basically, Jared is Spoony with the attitude toned down and a work ethic instilled. He had a bit of a hiatus for the last few months because he was moving, but he's usually good to do a review or video every month alongside his participation in Dice Camera Action.

• Agree Agree x 3
    kiwifarms.net
  3. He's also been on hiatus because right before the move, his basement flooded and he had to deal with mold issues. Overall the move was a mess and I think he's still trying to get all his shit back together. :offtopic:

Noah could learn a lot from Jared, though. Jared is personable with his fans and knows how to make connections, both with other YT personalities and brands like Nintendo. While his work ethic isn't the strongest within that community (I'd say that would go to The Completionist), he still puts out content fairly frequently. Plus, that content is varied enough to attract many different audiences. Noah's content, when it was there, was varied enough as well. He put out movie reviews, game reviews, talked about D&D and wrestling...but he just isn't a likable guy. He lashed out at his fans (when he still had them) and would wreck the connections he'd make professionally.

Dude needs to get on the right meds and get his ass kicked into high gear. It's so obnoxious to see him whine about "muh bipolar" when I've seen people dealing with way worse mental health issues still functioning in society just fine. As for him being suicidal, I doubt it. It's just more pity tweeting.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 8
    Josuke

Josuke 「 CRAZY DIAMOND 」

kiwifarms.net
  4. Jared feels like he came from a similar mold as spoony, but went in a much better direction

• Agree Agree x 10
    kiwifarms.net
  5. I thought Jillian was on drugs at some point. There was a video of her and Brad talking about some movie they saw (after the divorce) and she was hyped up like she was on drugs.

Oscar Wildean

Oscar Wildean Shooting up with love.

kiwifarms.net
  6. DnDecember is all I really watch from the guy, was quite disappointing in last year's.

2odastream

2odastream r/Drama queen

kiwifarms.net
  7. You know what's funny? I feel like there's a chance, albeit a very minuscule chance, that Noah could come back from this.

He has a HELL of a mess to clean up but there's a ray of hope buried somewhere deep down in the pile of shit he's accumulated around himself. He'll have to make amends with his fans, both the ones he has verbally abused and the others from whom he's stolen thousands of dollars. He will need to stop drinking, get an up-to-date diagnosis from a therapist and start taking his meds as prescribed. He'll also need to start getting a decent amount of sleep and during the day work on ways to boost his self-esteem. Investing in a FitBit would be great for that, since Noah could work off the cancerous damage he's done to his body while watching his numbers and badges climb. Finally, he needs to get his ass off Twitter, take a shower and get a haircut.

He could do all this and come back strong. Of course he won't until he actually does. He is the only who can help himself. I think that among Spoony's many, many problems, his morale and confidence plays a major role. He wakes up from the tiny amount of sleep he manages to get, looks at the wreckage he's made of his life and says "Fuck it, there's no going back from this" before grabbing his beers and sperging out on Twitter.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 11
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Feels Feels x 1
    UnclePhil

UnclePhil Getting older in a changing, frightening world.

kiwifarms.net
  8. With the vote on Net Neutrality, I was wondering what ACTA, SOPA and so on might have had on Spoony.

A few years ago, things like ACTA were threatening the ad-based income of many Youtubers, since the IP holders were really crushing down on so called critics. There were several initiatives like ACTA and every single one was shot down, but they were brought up a new within months, every time.

I dimly remember a video of Spoony where he was talking about his anxiety for the future, since it seemed like these initiatives would just be pushed by the government until they eventually pass.

In hindsight, I think it was around that time when Spoony started losing his stride.

Sure, nowadays, he's just obsessed with how much his sadbrains tie him down and how bad his whole situation is and yaddayaddayadda instead of actually doing something about it (even though the solution is within arms reach), but it might have been a contributing factor initially.

• Like Like x 1
    RomanesEuntDomus

RomanesEuntDomus Ask me about DIN Standards

kiwifarms.net
  9. Not really. I mean yeah, he needs to get his shit together and all but just by producing videos on a regular basis and drafting a storyboard for the movie would be a nice start and the money would start flowing again. But, alas, It's a very far fetched scenario.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Feels Feels x 2
    Pepito

Pepito FUCK YHO HO HO!

kiwifarms.net
  10. He doesn't care about those things specifically - to him they're just another depressing symptom of a greater disease. What really captures his attention and hatred is any Republican maneuvres related to healthcare (which he hysterically believes will kill him) and his personal inability to stop Trump. He'll throw a shit fit over anything the man does because his mere continued existence drives Noah... up the wall? :coster:

• Feels Feels x 5
    RJ MacReady

RJ MacReady cheating bitch
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  11. I remember that one. If that's what Brad had to put up with day in and day out I don't blame him for getting a divorce. He just got married again, I wish him luck. Hoping she's not like Jillian or the girlfriend that fucked one of his closest friends because she had a fantasy of having tons of kids with many different men, which Brad was supposed to be ok with for some reason.

• Feels Feels x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  12. After a slapfight with some random on Twitter:

[​IMG]

I feel like it's just a matter of time.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 5
    • Feels Feels x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    RJ MacReady

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  13. Believe me when I say that I'm not trying to be edgy or cruel when I say this; maybe it would be best if Spoony actually goes through with it. He's already given up, he's making zero effort in improving his situation, he's obviously miserable, and he isn't even living anything most people consider a life. I mean, if you're not going to even try and all you're doing is merely existing, then why go on? I don't want to see him do it. I'd love to see Spoony get out of this slump and get back to living, but he obviously has no desire. Unless he's just looking for attention and pity. If that's the case, then fuck him for being a manipulative little twat waffle.

• Agree x 5
    • Feels x 4
    • Like x 1
    • Semper Fidelis x 1
    • DRINK x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    The Dude

The Dude When you're down here, with us, YOU'LL SPERG TOO!
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    JuanButNotForgotten

JuanButNotForgotten Friendly Mexican Ghost

kiwifarms.net
  15. [​IMG]

RJ MacReady

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  16. Noah is refusing to self-improve in any way. Getting a vague opinion for a nebulous and effectively untreatable personality disorder will do nothing for him. He'll be provided the same classes of medications he's likely already been prescribed.

• Agree Agree x 7
    kiwifarms.net
  17. Unless he somehow has something else lying undiagnosed in his cornucopia of illnesses, yeah.

What really gets my fucking goat is that he'll take any excuse to continue doing nothing. People who are far worse off than him don't get to take three days paid vacation from their much harder and much shittier jobs because they had a frustrating phone call with their doctor. He's depends on streaming to live and he still won't do it unless the stars align.

E:

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 3
    #2317 RJ MacReady, Dec 7, 2017 at 3:49 PM
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 4:10 PM
    RJ MacReady

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  18. So if my math is correct, he tried streaming exactly one time per day for 3 days in a row. I'm guessing the "something important" was lunch.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • DRINK DRINK x 1
    NSA

NSA

kiwifarms.net
  19. Go ahead. Try NOT to hear Linkin' Park's "Crawling in My Skin" echoing in the back of your head whenever you read a Spoony Tweet. You can't.

• Feels Feels x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  20. So with Patreon changing how they do payment fees, has anyone checked to see how bad Spoony got hit?

• Agree Agree x 1
    kiwifarms.net