TGWTG The Spoony One / Spoony / Noah Antwiler - Washed-up Video game / movie critic. Patreon scammer. Pussy-whipped SJW. A more insufferable DSP.

Roadkill Pope

kiwifarms.net
He hasn't yet, which is what sets him apart from every other cow with money troubles. He passively accepts donations, but he's never asked for them. He's said for a decade that soliciting charity makes him loathe himself, but I've persistently curious when he'll start doing so because there has to be a breaking point eventually.
I expect it'll have to do with his dog. He might not want to beg for himself, but if he can justify it by saying he needs money for Oreo, then he's more likely to do it, I think.

R.E.O. Spedwagon

Lurks coolly
kiwifarms.net
This began and was interspersed with ranting about JRPGs, including calling Persona 5 an "atrocity":

View attachment 683083View attachment 683084View attachment 683085View attachment 683086View attachment 683087

The Patreon has sunk to $460 with March rolling in:
With all the sperging about Atelier, is he talking about this scene where the shopkeeper lady gets handsy with Rorona?
Because that would be pretty funny coming from the guy who torpedoed his own reputation with a joke about how he wants to chain someone up in his basement.

Ambidextype

Autistic contrarian
kiwifarms.net
He likes Persona 4? What a pleb. He automatically loses credibility to even talk aboout Persona 5 or Atelier Games. I bet he likes Undertale too. I went into Persona 4 with high expectation but the longer I played, the more I got disappointed. The foreboding mystery in the beginning was replaced with friendship story and irritating characters like Teddy.

Fancy Rat

kiwifarms.net
Someone on the Spoony subreddit has posted a link that contains many (but not all) of Spoony's Patreon posts and updates, for anybody who hasn't seen them.

https://yiff.party/124881

It's quite worth reading them all. A few highlights include the usual health related excuses, including kidney stones, his Sephiroth costume's cheap material not being breathable enough, and passive aggressively blaming the fans' expectations for his inability to meet any of his own self-set Patreon goals.

Someone on the Spoony subreddit has posted a link that contains many (but not all) of Spoony's Patreon posts and updates, for anybody who hasn't seen them.

https://yiff.party/124881

It's quite worth reading them all. A few highlights include the usual health related excuses, including kidney stones, his Sephiroth costume's cheap material not being breathable enough, and passive aggressively blaming the fans' expectations for his inability to meet any of his own self-set Patreon goals.

"Lots of wild content, coming soon!"

Nearly 2 years old, did he release anything aside from City Hunter and a shitty vlog afterwards?

RJ MacReady

cheating bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He's been playing Shin Megami Tensei, by the way:

Something that's occurred to me: How much effort does he sink into finding or making these inane screenshots and GIFs? Some of them are curiously low-res which makes me think he pulled them off a Youtube video or GIS. Whatever the answer, he'll still spend hours doing this rather than stream.

RisingPheonix

I came here to squark at you
kiwifarms.net
With all the sperging about Atelier, is he talking about this scene where the shopkeeper lady gets handsy with Rorona?
It sounds more like he's referring to Rorona's relationship to her mentor/ "master" Astrid.

Sticking stuff under the spoiler to save clogging up the thread. Also some spoilers if you are intending to play Rorona

Rorona is introduced as a girl who lives with her "master" named Astrid who is basically a female Master Roshi - she's lazy and kind of a pervert, but it's also a front to hide her true wisdom and her intentions are gradually shown to be more genuinely in the interest of helping Rorona grow as a person and an atelier.

During the course of the game, Astrid likes to tease Rorona with talk of sleeping in the same bed, wanting to call her pet names and generally being a creep simply because Rorona always over-reacts (much like sibling teasing). Like most anime pervs the whole thing is played for jokes and isn't serious.

It's revealed later on that Astrid healed a very sickly Rorona as a child, but in return for saving her life & because her parents were poor, requested to have Rorona as a live-in apprentice. When questioned later on why she chose Rorona as her apprentice - Astrid says the decision came down to Rorona both being "cute" and also a bit of an airhead. The theory being that a more simple soul probably can take to alchemy because their mind is more open - whereas a more learned person would already be sceptical of the Alchemy process before they even tried.

MarvinTheParanoidAndroid

This will all end in tears, I just know it.
kiwifarms.net
Spoony 2015-01-30 04:06 said:
While I was filming the last review, Oreo jumped up in my lap and pretty much fell asleep instantly. You know me; I didn't have the heart to tell her to go away... or the brains to turn the camera off. And within a few minutes I was taking a nap myself.

So much for that memory card!

That is the look of a man who ran a hose from the tailpipe of a running car to his bedroom.

By the way, if you were at all wondering what the Spoony Movie was going to be like, look no further.

Spoony 2015-03-30 16:28 said:
I'm endeavoring this month to post more progress reports on all my projects. Almost more to remind myself of how I'm doing!

My thoughts have been turned inward to the movie. It's still little more than a collection of a half-dozen pages, each page representing a different movie outline. That may not seem like much, but writing it down is a formality; by the time it's on paper I pretty much have the entire thing straight in my head. A lot of my writing process is spent slouched in a chair, brow furrowed, staring at a blank screen. The typing occurs in my head in some weird Zen trance.

Anyway. I've started cutting the ideas that don't work. I mean, yeah, I love the movie idea about a metal band riding winged steel horses that are also made of lightning, but I don't think I'm ready to film a spiritual sequel to Flash Gordon (with MANOWAR).

The best idea I have so far, and probably the most feasible is a sort of Counter Monkey movie that follows the journey of a roleplaying group in the real world, and then dives into the fantasy world as the game plays out. There's been a lot of demand for this, and I do like the idea. The only things holding me back are (1) I really, REALLY don't want it to be a rehash of "The Gamers" and (2) I was sort of hoping to make a movie that "stands on its own," if that makes sense.

Now, I have enough material that the CM movie wouldn't just be dorks bopping around a fantasy world doing the exact same thing the Gamers movie did. At all. But I do think the movie needs a different spin that I need do come up with. As for the second thing: stop bitching and give the people what they want, Spoony. Honestly, I have no problems with a CM movie. I think it's just the way of comedians sometimes that they get an irrational urge to make a Not Comedy.

What kind of Not Comedy? Well, that's what the other ideas are. Horror (an idea I've been struggling with for years), a superhero story (likely beyond my means), and a love-story comedy. Which counts as a Not Comedy because it's my normal kind of comedy. I actually really like the last one. April thought it was cute, and if I won the lady over I might have something there.

And then there's Counter Monkey, in which I've already scripted a scene where I snikt a guy's balls into a power outlet with my Cyberpunk Wolverine blades to get him to tell me where the bomb is.

Last edited:

Deathfromabove

Very shame, much dishonor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"Lots of wild content, coming soon!"

Nearly 2 years old, did he release anything aside from City Hunter and a shitty vlog afterwards?
The most amazing part is 125 people are still donating to a man who has made literally no videos in the last two years. 460$ bucks a month for nothing. Spoony exists and gets a half a grand a month and still whines about how awful things are. I can only imagine how horrifying the people who donate to him still look

The most amazing part is 125 people are still donating to a man who has made literally no videos in the last two years. 460$ bucks a month for nothing. Spoony exists and gets a half a grand a month and still whines about how awful things are. I can only imagine how horrifying the people who donate to him still look

I wonder if some of those 125 people are just low tiers who don't check their bank statements so don't realise they're still donating.

Even before he stopped updating the writing was on the wall, but the sad thing is looking through the older posts you can still see traces of the old enthusiastic Spoony there. Now the best word to describe him and his "work" is pathetic, he didn't have a big meltdown or scandal, he just drifted into irrelevance.

Roadkill Pope

kiwifarms.net
I just wish the guy would at least put out some Counter Monkey or something. Like, I actually used to enjoy listening to him ramble about how much he loves AD&D. You'd think sitting in a chair and talking for an hour would be something even Spoony could do at this point, but here we are.

RJ MacReady

cheating bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I just wish the guy would at least put out some Counter Monkey or something. Like, I actually used to enjoy listening to him ramble about how much he loves AD&D. You'd think sitting in a chair and talking for an hour would be something even Spoony could do at this point, but here we are.
The last time he discussed making a Counter Monkey we got this:

And we didn't see that video (the last and final Counter Monkey) until four months after that tweet.

From what I've seen over the past few years he basically has a pathological fear of being on camera. He won't make reviews, record vlogs or stream and every time he addresses it it's some variation of "I just can't turn on the camera/OBS, I don't know why and I hate myself for it!"

Anonymus Fluhre

No man fears what he has seen grow
kiwifarms.net
The last time he discussed making a Counter Monkey we got this:

View attachment 689066

And we didn't see that video (the last and final Counter Monkey) until four months after that tweet.

From what I've seen over the past few years he basically has a pathological fear of being on camera. He won't make reviews, record vlogs or stream and every time he addresses it it's some variation of "I just can't turn on the camera/OBS, I don't know why and I hate myself for it!"
I think that's the same reason why his table top games he did with his friends never lasted more than like four episodes. He was hardly on them, but you could still hear his voice. The only time we got a lot of content from him (video wise that is) is when he lived with family.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino