TGWTG The Spoony One / Spoony / Noah Antwiler - Washed-up Video game / movie critic. Patreon scammer. Pussy-whipped SJW. A more insufferable DSP.

Nutritious_Banana

Cornholed by Bigfoot
kiwifarms.net
I don't know what type of car insurance he has (I'm sure it's the bare minimum, probably from a company that has a great low rate you can get online,) but it is possible he's doing this just so his insurance can't say "lol nope, you ran a red, you gotta pay this shit on your own."

Xarpho

kiwifarms.net
I don't know what type of car insurance he has (I'm sure it's the bare minimum, probably from a company that has a great low rate you can get online,) but it is possible he's doing this just so his insurance can't say "lol nope, you ran a red, you gotta pay this shit on your own."
In that case, his best bet would be to plead nolo contendere, which legally means you'll accept the conviction but not necessarily guilt. It's the go-to for most people who get a ticket because no one wants to admit actually admit guilt for parking in the no-parking zone or going 80 in a 65 mph zone but will pay the ticket anyway, or wouldn't be worth fighting in court. If he wants to gets his insurance to play ball, the worst thing he could do is go to court and seal his fate with a guilty verdict based on dashcam evidence, witness testimony, and others (accident reconstruction).

I'm still thinking that he'll decide to plead out if he hasn't already, though.

Xarpho

kiwifarms.net
He hasn't. He tweeted after making his plea that it was "no biggie" so I don't think he's going to change his mind unless he's given the chance during the trial.
Once the trial starts, I don't think he can do anything. I was in jury duty that was cancelled after the suspect plead out literally the night before trial (even after the offices of the county closed that day) so there's still a chance for him to back out. Otherwise, he's about to learn a few hard lessons about how the world really works when you can't ignore and censor everyone.

gydorem

kiwifarms.net
I believe the trial begins when the defendant gets up and states his/her name, after which the judge asks how he pleads. If he pleads guilty or no contest, the judge makes an immediate judgement and issues a penalty if applicable. If he pleads not guilty, the case proceeds with arguments from both sides etc. If the other party doesn't show up (the cop or other driver) the case is defaulted in his favor and all charges are dropped. Usually there's a good chance of this happening if the state is the only plaintiff (speeding/parking ticket etc.). Cops have better things to do than attend court for every violation. That's why it's always a good idea to contest a fine if the amount is worth the effort.

Court cases are public record. Anyone can walk into a court and attend a case in progress. Usually the proceedings are audio recorded and available for a fee. A spectator actually video recording may or may not be allowed depending on the state and court. I doubt anyone would notice anyway, provided you don't make it obvious. At worst you would be asked to stop or leave. If I were anywhere near Illinois I would totally walk in there with my smartphone sticking out my shirt pocket. ; )

Last edited:

Bob's Ghost

kiwifarms.net
Once the trial starts, I don't think he can do anything. I was in jury duty that was cancelled after the suspect plead out literally the night before trial (even after the offices of the county closed that day) so there's still a chance for him to back out. Otherwise, he's about to learn a few hard lessons about how the world really works when you can't ignore and censor everyone.
Whaddyamean I can't turn off juror comments?

Blue Jerkop

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Why the fuck did he decide to take this to court of he knows there's witnesses and dashcam footage available?
Given his family, Spoony may know that cops can lie and might very well say something like "there is dashcam video" in an attempt to bluff an admission from someone they think is lying to them.

The only reason I can think of is he thinks it's like a speeding ticket; that he goes in, they alter the offense to "failure to obey posted ordinances" and boom, smaller fine and no license points.
Realistically, he doesn't have much to lose except perhaps some minor court costs and time (which he has plenty of). Since the responding officer didn't witness the event the prosecutor's case rests on civilian witnesses. It is not uncommon for such a witness to decide not to bother or that they can't waste a day off work to go to court, especially independent witnesses.

Since it's a trial the hearing will be transcribed by a stenographer, though a lot (if not most) jurisdictions require you to buy them from the court clerk and sometimes there's no online process. I wouldn't get my hopes up. I don't think KF even has any of Chris's court transcripts (if they exist) and he's the #1 cow.
In a lot of small fry courts (traffic court included) they don't have the budget for a dedicated stenographer. Instead they record everything and then if there's a request made by someone they will transcribe the audio... at the requesting party's expense (unless it's for an appeal maybe). It gets expensive.

Last edited:

Watcher

Cishet dudebro
kiwifarms.net
all credit goes to DHI ,starts at 3:30
Amazing find. I'm blown away.

Literally the first thing from the mouth of the guy he hit and the female witness is that Noah ran a red light. When confronted by the cop, Noah immediately denies and it says "I don't know what to tell you". The cop replies by saying he's writing him a ticket and then mentions that one of the witnesses has a dashcam. Noah immediately demands whether he's seen it. The cop then double checks with the guy Noah hit, who quickly and confidently restates his version of events.

After a minute or so, the cop directs Noah to the back of his cruiser to stay warm "if he's not going to the hospital". Noah thanks the cop for "coming so quickly" and the cop mentions it's his third one that day. Noah says he was "just on his way to get his oil changed". The cop again asks Noah whether he wants to go to the hospital because he's "breathing awful heavy over there" (this is very audible). Noah politely declines and says he's "trying not to panic" because "that's my one car, you know?"

It ends there. The guy Noah hit sounds really fucked up throughout the entire recording and was apparently still in his car because the cop mentions "waiting for the medics to come get [him] out" while talking to him.
Spoony has a history of lying about things when it's convenient and paints him in a better light. People on his subreddit have actually cataloged a lot it very well. A really good example is after JewWario's death Noah seemingly went on about how close he was to him. Despite reports that Spoony wasn't actually close to the Channel Awesome gang outside of strictly work related functions due to his reputation of being really aloof. Recently it went as far as Spoony claiming that Jew Wario's suicide actually is the reason why he hasn't been producing content
https://twitter.com/TheSpoonyOne/status/1100037772851773441
I found out literally when I was minutes from giving a presentation on-stage at a film festival. I broke down in tears as soon as I faced the lights. I still cry when thinking of him. We were making plans to film stuff for my own movie. I was going to help with his..
https://twitter.com/TheSpoonyOne/status/1100039209031819264
Come to think of it, I haven't really been able to get in front of a camera since then. That was years ago.
https://twitter.com/TheSpoonyOne/status/1100040232655826944
Thinking about it... things have gone to pieces for me ever since then. I've completely fallen apart.
This is a lie and it's very provable. Jew Wario's suicide occurred in January of 2014. To date Spoony's last gaming review occurred in August of that same year.
Not only that but most of his "live wires" feature a facecam. Including one that occurred as recently as last September. 5 years after Jew Wario's suicide.
Either Spoony is being malicious or he's lying to himself to try and explain why he completely went off the deep end. People paying attention can also note that this isn't the first claim Spoony has made in reference to what caused him to completely cease producing content that requires any form of work. Previously he blamed his many vague and undefined illnesses.

So Spoony lying to the police officer isn't surprising the main question is did he genuinely believe he wasn't at fault or did he think the officer would buy it. Personally I think Spoony is delusional and can't come to grips over what he did so he just lies and hopes everyone will just accept that. And his ego is too large that he can't admit to lying so he just keeps lying and hopes eventually the problem will go away.

Blue Jerkop

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Either Spoony is being malicious or he's lying to himself to try and explain why he completely went off the deep end.
I suspect the latter. It's pretty common for people that put themselves in that sort of spiral to blame external events. A lot of substance abusers try to find some trauma that they can say started their habit even if they had obvious signs before. Hell, people have even lied about being closer to stuff like the terrorist attacks of 9/11 as a reason for being traumatized; not seeking monetary benefits (although that too in some cases) but just so they can have a really, really good reason for being fucked up instead of the more mundane day-to-day failures that build into a crashed career or personal life.

It's a lot easier and socially acceptable to be effected by someone's death than to admit that you got to where you were by just not working one day after another until you didn't know how to even start anymore.

Watcher

Cishet dudebro
kiwifarms.net
I suspect the latter. It's pretty common for people that put themselves in that sort of spiral to blame external events. A lot of substance abusers try to find some trauma that they can say started their habit even if they had obvious signs before. Hell, people have even lied about being closer to stuff like the terrorist attacks of 9/11 as a reason for being traumatized; not seeking monetary benefits (although that too in some cases) but just so they can have a really, really good reason for being fucked up instead of the more mundane day-to-day failures that build into a crashed career or personal life.

It's a lot easier and socially acceptable to be effected by someone's death than to admit that you got to where you were by just not working one day after another until you didn't know how to even start anymore.
At this point a lot of what Spoony has said about his life in his videos is suspect. At this point I'm genuinely wondering if the events described in a lot of his reviews/counter monkey videos actually happened or if he made them up for attention.

Like he would even lie about petty pointless shit. A good example is this
the tl;dr of this livestream is Spoony at one point bets that one of his characters doesn't have "All of his abilities equipped" and then shows his ability screen with one of his abilities not being equipped. Everyone in stream chat points out that one of his abilities isn't equipped and he denies it vehemently. And then just seconds later equips that ability and says "the fuck is the matter with you?" And then proceeds to incorrectly assert that abilities "auto equip" when they do not.

Last edited:

RJ MacReady

cheating bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Spoony has a history of lying about things when it's convenient and paints him in a better light. People on his subreddit have actually cataloged a lot it very well. A really good example is after JewWario's death Noah seemingly went on about how close he was to him. Despite reports that Spoony wasn't actually close to the Channel Awesome gang outside of strictly work related functions due to his reputation of being really aloof.
Reports from who? The entire history of TGWTG is rife with people making shit up and interpreting what little information is available in the worst possible light. Likewise, in my years of loosely following CA bullshit and Spoony I've never seen anyone claim that he was particularly aloof; remember this was the guy who got the boot for getting into a Twitter war with one of his peers.

Most of them lived in different states, only met a few times per year and didn't often have reasons to collaborate on content. It's just the nature of how their weird ass business worked for them to not be up each other's asses 24/7, but that doesn't mean they weren't friends.

There's no way any of us can know how close Noah and Justin were, but given that they were peers and Noah has spent years being broken up about it, I think any reasonable stranger would conclude they were friends.

Recently it went as far as Spoony claiming that Jew Wario's suicide actually is the reason why he hasn't been producing content
This has actually been my theory for a long time and I was unsurprised when Noah more or less confirmed it. He's been on a downwards mental spiral for over a decade and it's reasonable to think that the suicide of a friend was the breaking point.

https://twitter.com/TheSpoonyOne/status/1100039209031819264
https://twitter.com/TheSpoonyOne/status/1100040232655826944
This is a lie and it's very provable. Jew Wario's suicide occurred in January of 2014. To date Spoony's last gaming review occurred in August of that same year.
I think you're interpreting that way too literally. He says he wasn't "really able" and if you think about the timeline of events it took two years for his output to sink to nil. I have to assume (in my limited medical knowledge) that depression doesn't just happen overnight.

Not only that but most of his "live wires" feature a facecam. Including one that occurred as recently as last September. 5 years after Jew Wario's suicide.
That was also six months ago, which is typical for him: He streams in bursts before dropping off again for up to a year. You don't have to scroll far down his VOD uploads to find streams from over two years ago. Bipolar brain and laziness at work, yeah, but it doesn't exactly contradict him.

RJ MacReady

cheating bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Knowing Spoony, I wouldn't be surprised if he was Tweeting and driving.
Can anyone cross-reference his Tweet history and the time of the crash?
As far as I can tell his last tweet would've been two hours before the crash, which happened around 9:30 AM CST. DST and my own timezone difference (Twitter displays timestamps in your own timezone) makes it confusing to translate so I could be wrong. He RTed a tweet posted 10~ minutes after that, but it's impossible to tell when.

Watcher

Cishet dudebro
kiwifarms.net
I think you're interpreting that way too literally. He says he wasn't "really able" and if you think about the timeline of events it took two years for his output to sink to nil. I have to assume (in my limited medical knowledge) that depression doesn't just happen overnight.
I mean him doing a highly produced video review with tons of skits 8 months later does indicate that it wasn't as difficult as he claims it to be. Why would it have gotten more difficult for him years later if he was still relatively capable of producing content within the first year of the event?

I solely see this as a retroactive excuse like he's looking back and finding something convenient to blame rather than the actual cause which was related to his mental illness because that makes him look worse that everything he did was his fault solely.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino