TGWTG The Spoony One / Spoony / Noah Antwiler - Washed-up Video game / movie critic. Patreon scammer. Pussy-whipped SJW. A more insufferable DSP.

Pokemonquistador

kiwifarms.net
Well this whole thing fizzled out like a broccoli fart. At the very least I was hoping for some internet tough guy tweets from Noah post-trial. On second thought, maybe we should be glad he clammed up. He could have very well stunk up his twitter feed with a 5 hour reenactment of the trial starring himself, Judge Wapner, and the bald goon from Night Court volleying bad Dad Puns back and forth ad nauseum. I don't think my stomach could have stomached that.

Nutritious_Banana

Cornholed by Bigfoot
kiwifarms.net
Has anyone directly asked him how the trial went and what the judge said?
Checking the details, it looks like he was a no-show. That means the judge enters a judgement and Sploony gets fined anyway.
If he showed up and showed even the tiniest bit of remorse, it would have been on the low side; depending on how vindictive the judge is for having his time wasted, there's a good chance it's going to be near the max.
Once again, he never disappoints to disappoint.

Blue Jerkop

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
instead of giving out the info people really want he spergs out about wrestling.

tbh it was never going to be more than a wet fart. A petty traffic citation is bound to be less punishing than the loss of the car and the insurance hit. I suspect he went in and settled it before the actual 'trial' because if he had actually pulled a Russ Greer and missed the thing entirely we would have seen some recriminations on Twitter where he would pull the 'woe is me and my depression' card for a few days.

LordKaT

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Why did anyone think this was going to be anything other than bog fucking standard procedure? The only thing that really raises an eyebrow is the plea of not guilty, then no-showing his court date. He'll probably get a higher than normal fine, pay it, and move on.

Repairing his car is going to cost more.

JuanButNotForgotten

Friendly Mexican Ghost
kiwifarms.net
Why did anyone think this was going to be anything other than bog fucking standard procedure? The only thing that really raises an eyebrow is the plea of not guilty, then no-showing his court date. He'll probably get a higher than normal fine, pay it, and move on.

Well, it's not like we see Spoony outside too often or have some content from him aside from tweets. But as it's been said before, Spoony never disappoints to disappoint.

RJ MacReady

cheating bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Okay, here we are. The judge found him guilty and fined him a whopping $120:

"Ex parte" means the decision was rendered without one of the parties being present, either Noah or the cop/guy he hit.

Tune in next time for another riveting adventure with The Spoony One!

It's totalled and he was tweeting about trying to buy a used car. No idea what became of that though.

Blue Jerkop

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Only $120 for injuring people after running a red light, lying about it then not showing up to court? What the fuck.
And 20 points on his license. But this is just how it works in the US. Unless you are DUI the consequences for a traffic "accident" are just not there. If you kill someone you might see the inside of a jail but even then it's unlikely. That's why it seemed weird to many of us when posters thought Spoony would get the book thrown at him for this- it's just an everyday thing and the reason why people have to carry car insurance.

LordKaT

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
And 20 points on his license. But this is just how it works in the US. Unless you are DUI the consequences for a traffic "accident" are just not there. If you kill someone you might see the inside of a jail but even then it's unlikely. That's why it seemed weird to many of us when posters thought Spoony would get the book thrown at him for this- it's just an everyday thing and the reason why people have to carry car insurance.
If it's bad enough, your insurance won't cover it and you end up in civil court.

What were people expecting? It's not like Noah floored it and intentionally tried to kill someone. Dude made a mistake and thought he had the right of way. Shit happens. It's unfortunate someone got injured but that's why you carry insurance in the first place.

Some of you really let your hate boner for this guy get way too out of control.

UnclePhil

Getting older in a changing, frightening world.
kiwifarms.net
If it's bad enough, your insurance won't cover it and you end up in civil court.

What were people expecting? It's not like Noah floored it and intentionally tried to kill someone. Dude made a mistake and thought he had the right of way. Shit happens. It's unfortunate someone got injured but that's why you carry insurance in the first place.

Some of you really let your hate boner for this guy get way too out of control.
Personally, I don't hate the guy. I didn't even want to see him get too terrible of a punishment. Admittedly I do find it a little bothersome that despite hurting someone and totalling his only means of transportation, he appears to have learned nothing.

I think people here were hoping for something more dramatic, given Spoony's erratic behavior and the fact that this is the most interesting turn in the saga to happen in years. After endless stretches of him sitting in his doormat's house, tweeting out imaginary conversations with Trump and God for hours, people hear 'COURT CASE' and turn their bored heads back to their monitors. The orchestral score hit a crescendo and the circus might have turned interesting again.

By the way:

Spoony is having a conversation with... God.
It's about as cringe-worthy as that time Vince McMahon fake wrestled God if Vince had also worn a fedora to the ring.
I swear, I didn't make fake this one. :lit:

View attachment 728685
Spoony, you don't need permission to get a Monster Manual anymore.

No, I don't hate the guy. But fedoras are among the most annoying and redundant people on the Internet.

Silent Observer

Tetramonadist Titan
kiwifarms.net
Ah, Spoony. I remember back in 2010, when TGWTG and TvTropes were my entire life. I loved Nostalgia Critic and became interested in Spoony after seeing his appearance as Terl in the Battleground: Earth review. He quickly became one of my favorite content creators I could listen to almost any of his reviews or movie podcasts, as his commentary was witty, logical, and brutal. I was only slightly into WWE wrestling, but yet I listened to all 50+ of his TNA Impact Wrestle Wrestle reviews because I found them that hilarious and insightful, and I would be the first to watch his movie v-logs.

The first signs of trouble I saw were when he broke up with his first girlfriend, which led to him having a humiliating drunken breakdown on his Twilight: Breaking Dawn review (with Linkara awkwardly having to coddle him). Then came SpoonyGate, the precursor to #ChangeTheChannel, in which Lupa and Spoony's ex got him fired over a month-old tweet, which I personally feel was definitely a bitch move on Lupa's part (which is why I'm glad she's received poetic justice by becoming a victim of TGWTG herself). Despite that, Spoony was still uploading entertaining movie vlogs, Reb Brown month, and even did some cameos with Nostalgia Critic despite leaving the CA crew.

Then, as Jim stated in his Internet Insanity review (which is how I discovered Jim and IBS), Spoony started getting Patreon money and his reviews slowly became non-existent. There was a multi-month period where I would click on his site and Twitter every day to see if he would post any reviews, but eventually it hit that he had become lazy and unmotivated. I wondered if his new girlfriend, April, was supplementing his income for him, and was shocked to learn that he was leeching off Patreon after years of no content. He's constantly complaining about his health problems, which at first seemed relatable, but quickly became the go-to excuse for his sloth.

Now, he's in a lawsuit which is about to nuke what little finances he has, and it just shocks me how one man can have so much talent at their disposal and yet waste it. I almost feel like his current financial situation is divine retribution for wasting his talents and mooching off other people's money. It's interesting how he's both better and worst than DSP, as he's far more entertaining than DSP, but way more of an e-beggar than DSP, who unlike him, actually makes the content he is paid for.

UnclePhil

Getting older in a changing, frightening world.
kiwifarms.net
Ah, Spoony. I remember back in 2010, when TGWTG and TvTropes were my entire life. I loved Nostalgia Critic and became interested in Spoony after seeing his appearance as Terl in the Battleground: Earth review. He quickly became one of my favorite content creators I could listen to almost any of his reviews or movie podcasts, as his commentary was witty, logical, and brutal. I was only slightly into WWE wrestling, but yet I listened to all 50+ of his TNA Impact Wrestle Wrestle reviews because I found them that hilarious and insightful, and I would be the first to watch his movie v-logs.

The first signs of trouble I saw were when he broke up with his first girlfriend, which led to him having a humiliating drunken breakdown on his Twilight: Breaking Dawn review (with Linkara awkwardly having to coddle him). Then came SpoonyGate, the precursor to #ChangeTheChannel, in which Lupa and Spoony's ex got him fired over a month-old tweet, which I personally feel was definitely a bitch move on Lupa's part (which is why I'm glad she's received poetic justice by becoming a victim of TGWTG herself). Despite that, Spoony was still uploading entertaining movie vlogs, Reb Brown month, and even did some cameos with Nostalgia Critic despite leaving the CA crew.

Then, as Jim stated in his Internet Insanity review (which is how I discovered Jim and IBS), Spoony started getting Patreon money and his reviews slowly became non-existent. There was a multi-month period where I would click on his site and Twitter every day to see if he would post any reviews, but eventually it hit that he had become lazy and unmotivated. I wondered if his new girlfriend, April, was supplementing his income for him, and was shocked to learn that he was leeching off Patreon after years of no content. He's constantly complaining about his health problems, which at first seemed relatable, but quickly became the go-to excuse for his sloth.

Now, he's in a lawsuit which is about to nuke what little finances he has, and it just shocks me how one man can have so much talent at their disposal and yet waste it. I almost feel like his current financial situation is divine retribution for wasting his talents and mooching off other people's money. It's interesting how he's both better and worst than DSP, as he's far more entertaining than DSP, but way more of an e-beggar than DSP, who unlike him, actually makes the content he is paid for.
Mental illness does not exist in a vacuum. It would have been well-established within Noah by 2009. The best we can guess is that Scarlett and Miles were keeping Spoony in check, presumably staying behind him about taking his pills and easing him down from chimping out/being an asshole.

Then what happens? He dumps the girlfriend, moves out of his brother's house, and faces the wrath of Lupa, whom all signs point to living for drama at this point. He moves in with a total enabler. His mental illness gets progressively worse. He has a Patreon goal sneak up on him at a moment when he is too afflicted to act on it in a timely fashion. End result is letting laziness consume him. "I've fucked up. I've done too much damage. Well...fuck it. And fuck them! I'm Spoony I will always be Spoony!"

With the ongoing TDS Twitter circus, it's easy to forget Noah IS sick. The sympathy ends with him using it as a crutch at every opportunity to fix himself.

Silent Observer

Tetramonadist Titan
kiwifarms.net
Mental illness does not exist in a vacuum. It would have been well-established within Noah by 2009. The best we can guess is that Scarlett and Miles were keeping Spoony in check, presumably staying behind him about taking his pills and easing him down from chimping out/being an asshole.

Then what happens? He dumps the girlfriend, moves out of his brother's house, and faces the wrath of Lupa, whom all signs point to living for drama at this point. He moves in with a total enabler. His mental illness gets progressively worse. He has a Patreon goal sneak up on him at a moment when he is too afflicted to act on it in a timely fashion. End result is letting laziness consume him. "I've fucked up. I've done too much damage. Well...fuck it. And fuck them! I'm Spoony I will always be Spoony!"

With the ongoing TDS Twitter circus, it's easy to forget Noah IS sick. The sympathy ends with him using it as a crutch at every opportunity to fix himself.
He's like a competent version of Chris Chan.

• Agree
Reactions: UnclePhil

Incompetent

kiwifarms.net
Spoony is having a conversation with... God.
It's about as cringe-worthy as that time Vince McMahon fake wrestled God if Vince had also worn a fedora to the ring.
I swear, I didn't make fake this one. :lit:
the last 24 hours of tweets he did look like scripts for a crappy video he can't be bothered to make

• Agree
Reactions: Adamska

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino