TGWTG The Spoony One / Spoony / Noah Antwiler - Washed-up Video game / movie critic. Patreon scammer. Pussy-whipped SJW. A more insufferable DSP.

RJ MacReady

cheating bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Is there any information on them beyond that? This is news to me.
Noah's been raging about Christianity since before any of us had heard of him. He grew up in Arizona during the Satanic Panic and has talked and written extensively over the past 15 years about getting pushed around by his school teachers and peers for liking D&D and MTG. As his life has declined his hatred of religion has multiplied severely and these past few months in particular he's spent a lot of time frothing about God.

He does discuss his life and background in the original Counter Monkey blog from 07-08 (he was originally going to make a book before settling on a video series) but it's not much.

UnclePhil

Getting older in a changing, frightening world.
kiwifarms.net
That's what happens when you try to discuss politics on a social media platform that limits your posts to 120 characters, which isn't nearly enough to give a good argument.
Oddly enough though, 120 characters is plenty of room to show where their argument is going.

Noah's been raging about Christianity since before any of us had heard of him. He grew up in Arizona during the Satanic Panic and has talked and written extensively over the past 15 years about getting pushed around by his school teachers and peers for liking D&D and MTG. As his life has declined his hatred of religion has multiplied severely and these past few months in particular he's spent a lot of time frothing about God.
Most of us had boundaries set by our parents.

Most of us have gotten over it.

Doctor Stan

Fake Doctor
kiwifarms.net

I knew a few people that didn't have boundaries as kids, and while they seemed really cool at the time, they're the kids that ended up being massive fuck ups later on
Lol, people acting like the Union was any sort of moral authority or objective good don't know shit about history.

The Civil War was gray as fuck.
What are you taking about? It wasn't any form of grey, it was literal nazis fighting to own people versus the good guys who didn't do anything wrong or morally questionable over the course of the war in the slightest, and disagreeing at all means you're evil. Reeeeee and so on and so on

Arachnophile

"Ahuhuhuhu~"
kiwifarms.net
Checking in on Spoony's Patreon, he's down another $15 to $445 a month. I'm wondering if he has any more Patrons left to burn...

His YouTube channel mystifies me though. Bleeding subs daily, yet he gets 4k video views a day despite not posting a new video in eighteen months. Who is watching those videos? I'd love to rewatch his Final Fantasy videos but they'd just depress me these days.

RJ MacReady

cheating bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

I wouldn't (and until these past two years, didn't) think anything of him reflecting on his past experiences with moralising religious conservatives if the subtext didn't make it clear that he's still bitter and resentful about it. I've found people don't do that unless they were seriously traumatised (which he wasn't) or never matured emotionally because they had nothing going on in their life. And Noah's basically been living as a slovenly college freshman for most of his life so evidently the latter is the case.

His YouTube channel mystifies me though. Bleeding subs daily, yet he gets 4k video views a day despite not posting a new video in eighteen months. Who is watching those videos? I'd love to rewatch his Final Fantasy videos but they'd just depress me these days.
Bear in mind he has over a decade's worth of his most popular content on there and YT's algorithms favour videos with high view counts (Ultima, Final Fantasy, etc.) 4,000 residual views daily isn't unbelievable.

UnKillFill

I'm sorry you had to go through this son...
kiwifarms.net
A Counter Monkey vid popped into my feed the other day, and it got me feeling nostalgic.

I ended up watching it, and several more of them and I have to say... Spoony really is a gifted story-teller, I'd even say he picked the right moniker when he called himself Spoony "the Bard"... When he isn't being a lazy bitch like he's been for the past few years that is...

With that said, I did notice a bit of "and then everybody clapped" syndrome in a couple of the vids I saw.
i.e.
I don't believe that shit actually happened for a second.

c-no

Shit Gritting Person
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That's what happens when you try to discuss politics on a social media platform that limits your posts to 120 characters, which isn't nearly enough to give a good argument.
It also doesn't help that aside from 120 characters, it's all hugboxes and echo chambers that seek out hot takes and dunks on opposing view points than bothering to understand and debate, especially with the whole "you're giving the bad guys a platform" sperging that likes to think having a simple discussion could mean endorsement in some way. Give it to a guy like Spoony, and it'll be more than a circlejerking hugbox for him.

UnclePhil

kiwifarms.net
A Counter Monkey vid popped into my feed the other day, and it got me feeling nostalgic.

I ended up watching it, and several more of them and I have to say... Spoony really is a gifted story-teller, I'd even say he picked the right moniker when he called himself Spoony "the Bard"... When he isn't being a lazy bitch like he's been for the past few years that is...

With that said, I did notice a bit of "and then everybody clapped" syndrome in a couple of the vids I saw.
i.e.
I don't believe that shit actually happened for a second.
The first Counter Monkey video I watched was him telling a story about GM'ing a Star Wars RPG, and how everyone around the table jumped on a hopeless madcap chase after Darth Vader. The way he spun such a small blip into an amusing tale was masterful. It keeps occurring to me that he COULD STILL DO THAT if he wasn't such a lazy fuck suffering in his own mental illness prison. It's sad when someone has obvious talent and deprives the world of benefiting from it.

Silent Observer

Some randy
kiwifarms.net
Another SJW trait of Spoony's; the inability to see shades of gray in anything. Robert E. Lee was a complex man- a man who grew up in a world where slavery was normal. Lee pretty much viewed slaves as subhumans and thought Law, Order and a functioning society were more valuable than Equality. Which were pretty much the views of most Plantation Owners of that time. (Lee also did do some dickish things like having slaves whipped and breaking up families, which were among his greater moral failings.)

Lee did think that Emancipation should happen at some point in history, (as he viewed slavery as a moral evil.) But he was a bit optimistic in thinking that it would happen gradually, without any kind of political force or violence. Lee was an utter conformist, taking no dramatic stands on pretty much anything, but trying to uphold the status quo. He might not even have been as good a general as his legends make him out to be, as many of his battle tactics were aggressive and ended in heavy casualties for his side.

When victory came, Lee tried his best to make the surrender go as smoothly as possible. He even (ironically, as it would turn out,) opposed the erection of war monuments, since he thought it would prevent the healing of the country. It wasn't really Lee's fault that his dignity and stoic demeanor made him a romantic figure for defeated Southerners, who put him on a pedestal and portrayed him as a paragon of honor. Lee was one of those public figures who was neither better nor worse than anyone else in his station. Spoony, of course, would have been right to point out Lee's failings and how badly the guy has been overhyped. But instead, Spoony decides to paint him as A LITERAL NAZEE, and anyone trying to examine the man and point out the complexity of his character as NAZEE ENABLERS!!!! Which is funny, because I don't recall hearing about General Lee marching black people into gas chambers or having them mowed down with machine gun fire. Once again, the word "Nazi" is being used as a black brush to wipe away any trace of nuance, and thus, destroying any chance of looking deeply into the motivations and mechanisms behind slavery, and learning what could have been done to end it a lot sooner (and a lot less bloodily) than it could have been ended.
Like all SJWs, Spoony attacks a man who was clearly a moderate (during a time when human rights standards were tragically but understandably far less stringent than today) and as such proves himself to be an blind extremist.

RumblyTumbly

kiwifarms.net
All sense of nuance is lost on twitter, and to be fair, most social media I think. Everyone is either some sort of noble hero that is super duper amazing, or they're literal nazis.
Which I really hate about the Current Year.

Its like people want to reduce every historical conflict to good guys and bad guys.

Might as well just call them Autobots and Decepticons at that point.

Pokemonquistador

kiwifarms.net
Which I really hate about the Current Year.

Its like people want to reduce every historical conflict to good guys and bad guys.

Might as well just call them Autobots and Decepticons at that point.
I really hate the whole "Deplatform the Badthinkers!" thing that Leftists do. Leftists spent the first half of the 20th Century trying to get the Hayes Code and Comics Code undone, railing against censorship that was designed to keep "immoral filth" out of public spaces. Filmmakers developed creative ways to "slip crap under the radar", putting thickly veiled references to homosexuality and oral sex into Noir films and championing social causes that wouldn't come out into the open until the 1960s.

But once the floodgates opened, and everything was freed, the Leftists began working tirelessly to usher Conservative Speech and values out of the public realm, shutting the gates behind them. The Leftists became the very pearl-clutching Church Ladies the Conservatives had once been, only now said Church Ladies were screeching against frog memes and calling anybody who wanted America to have a functioning border a racist. Leftists today have no self-awareness - no conception of the idea that, one day, the pendulum might swing back and it'll be Conservatives who will once again decide what's allowed to be in the public sphere. And this time, the Conservatives will know that the Leftist's consequent bleats about "Muh free speech! Muh freedom of expression!" are nothing but a cynical ploy to get the reins of control back into their hands so THEY can be the ones pulling the Censorship strings.

Fagnacious D

and The Dick of Destiny
kiwifarms.net
. Leftists today have no self-awareness - no conception of the idea that, one day, the pendulum might swing back and it'll be Conservatives who will once again decide what's allowed to be in the public sphere. And this time, the Conservatives will know that the Leftist's consequent bleats about "Muh free speech! Muh freedom of expression!" are nothing but a cynical ploy to get the reins of control back into their hands so THEY can be the ones pulling the Censorship strings.
I can only wonder how much longer before the pendulum swings back in the other direction.

UnclePhil

kiwifarms.net
I really hate the whole "Deplatform the Badthinkers!" thing that Leftists do. Leftists spent the first half of the 20th Century trying to get the Hayes Code and Comics Code undone, railing against censorship that was designed to keep "immoral filth" out of public spaces. Filmmakers developed creative ways to "slip crap under the radar", putting thickly veiled references to homosexuality and oral sex into Noir films and championing social causes that wouldn't come out into the open until the 1960s.

But once the floodgates opened, and everything was freed, the Leftists began working tirelessly to usher Conservative Speech and values out of the public realm, shutting the gates behind them. The Leftists became the very pearl-clutching Church Ladies the Conservatives had once been, only now said Church Ladies were screeching against frog memes and calling anybody who wanted America to have a functioning border a racist. Leftists today have no self-awareness - no conception of the idea that, one day, the pendulum might swing back and it'll be Conservatives who will once again decide what's allowed to be in the public sphere. And this time, the Conservatives will know that the Leftist's consequent bleats about "Muh free speech! Muh freedom of expression!" are nothing but a cynical ploy to get the reins of control back into their hands so THEY can be the ones pulling the Censorship strings.
I miss knowing who the enemy was.

Once upon a time, the enemy was the televangelist in the three piece suit and Coke bottle glasses. He railed against the immoral degenerates and demanded filth be removed from newsstands—in handcuffs if need be. "I know it when I see it!" he grumbled. Meanwhile, he embezzled money and got caught with hookers.

That was the era of Reagan and the Moral Majority. Before that it was Nixon, ushering in an image of conservatives as racist, National-Guard-as-lethal-private-army Fun Police that lasted decades. The Leftists were the ones building caricatures out of that (see: the rich white evildoer behind the desk in every '80s comedy you can think of) while promoting a general attitude of "Leave people alone as long as they aren't hurting anyone." The enemy was ever-present but easy enough to dismiss. Despite grass roots efforts and organizations of Religious Right nutters on school boards and in political offices, we still had Freedom of Speech, Freedom of the Press, and thanks to Larry Flynt, a legal right to parody handed down by SCOTUS.

There was this idea that the enemy would forever and always be over on the Right. Except when we handed the keys of power to the Left, we learned a harsh lesson that on BOTH ends of the spectrum, there exists a a desire to control and rewrite the Matrix. Thus, despite a government full of Republicans in 2019, we're having our culture flipped over and turned inside out.

It's much harder to tell who the 'enemy' is. They aren't on CBN shouting and drawing attention to themselves. They get inside the system and slowly turn the knobs, until you wake up one day and everything around you has changed overnight. Unless you adapt, YOU are the enemy. Conform or get called a Nazi in clickbait articles. Virtue signal or prepare to be hunted, alt-right bigot. This new breed mocks free speech ("Freeze peach, lol") and expression. Words are violence.

And the funny thing is, they still insist the enemy is the '80s comedy villain behind the desk.

And on topic, Spoony is an idiot for railing against his bogeyman from 30+ years ago, unaware of what he himself has become.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino