TGWTG The Spoony One / Spoony / Noah Antwiler - Washed-up Video game / movie critic. Patreon scammer. Pussy-whipped SJW. A more insufferable DSP.

• The site was compromised. (Initial announcement) (What to do) (A post about feelings)
    This announcement will be removed when I (hopefully) finalize my audit either today or tomorrow. I will follow it up with a mass email to all users linking the information in this announcement. So far, there has been no subsequent release of data.

A Big Bumbling Black Man

never forget your vest in the gangster kitchen
kiwifarms.net
The next medical ailment he'll complain about is a sprained neck from tipping all those fedoras, at this rate.
Yes Noah, I'm sure a typical Christian with a regular job, a marriage, children, bills paid, and a car needs to be pitied by a failed Youtuber who has none of those things.

Mashallah

My pronouns are me, my, and myself.
kiwifarms.net
Sperging about Dante. Oh the irony...

View attachment 732253
I can't blame him too much, because I didn't really know jack shit about Dante until I read Dante myself (I'm only up to the fourth level of Heaven, though, really need to finish ~), but before reading I thought he was just a pompous writer who wrote his own self-insertion fanfic where everyone he doesn't like is punished for their sins, because that's somewhat of a common perspective on Dante.

But in reading his work, I realized something: Dante's whole story is meant to be a symbolic representation of his own spiritual journey. He basically spells it out in the Canto on the Moon where Beatrice asks him why the moon has spots. Dante first gives a folklore based answer (something to do with God giving Cain a mark to identify him) and then gives a scientific answer (a wrong answer, mind you, but one in keeping with the scientific theories on why the moon had spots at the time), but Beatrice rejects both answers and, instead, gives a symbolic, metaphorical explanation for why the moon has spots: as a symbol of inconstancy. I think right there Dante's being clear that you aren't supposed to approach his work from a literal, scientific basis, or a theological one persay, but to take the story as a symbolic metaphor for his own personal journey.

And that's why Dante is constantly meeting people he knows throughout Hell, Purgatory, and Heaven, it's because the story is the metaphorical telling of his own personal journey, so of course the people he interacted with on the way are all there. That's why the sin of betrayal features three people, Brutus, Judas, and some guy Dante knew who personally betrayed him, and only those three are being punished, as it is that guy specifically from who Dante personally learned firsthand about the sin of betrayal.

But, of course, the big-brained anti-theists insist on reading everything as literally as possible, even moreso than the fundies do. Even when the books themselves tell you not to read 'em literally.

Maybe Spoony just doesn't like Dante because Dante saw the two-party system as the biggest problem in politics, denouncing in the 6th Canto of Paradiso the two political factions of the HRE at the time (the pro-Pope and pro-Emperor factions) for being the ones tearing society apart with their blind, violent factionalism. Probably something that would make a blind supporter of a political party bristle to read (but who am I kidding, no one reads Paradiso).

Doctor Stan

Fake Doctor
kiwifarms.net
But, of course, the big-brained anti-theists insist on reading everything as literally as possible, even moreso than the fundies do. Even when the books themselves tell you not to read 'em literally.
Ah you fool, you seem to think that these 69000000000 IQ fedora boys like spoony and such actually read, they don't, and will just go off of the synopsis from wikipedia while beating their meat at how intellectual they are

UnclePhil

Getting older in a changing, frightening world.
kiwifarms.net
This is getting old.

I am not a Christian, but God forbid somebody have some stability in their life. God forbid they look to some higher power to give them boundaries and guidance. God forbid they put on their nice clothes and go to church because it gives them some peace of mind. God help them if Christmas makes them happy.

As Spoony wastes away in his bedroom while his sad doormat of a girlfriend crafts her dolls in the den, I would advise him to look around and see who's really stealing and breaking his toys. Because it's sure as hell not the Southern Baptists anymore.

You know what this is? This is God's Not Dead, except instead of Hercules angry at God over his mom's cancer, it's Spoony sperging over tabletops.

"Why do you hate God!?"
"Because I was on my knees every night, pleading, 'God, please give me back my dork books' and I didn't wake up with my dork books under my pillow."

Pokemonquistador

kiwifarms.net
Anyone who has seriously studied the subject of God knows that he's not a Mickey Mouse, Bearded Genie in the Sky who answers wishes. In fact, following God and doing what he says is very hard in a world like ours, because it takes effort and conviction to do so in a society that has enough wealth and technological advances to satisfy everyone's needs, (to the point where everyone can be lazy and where early death comes not from starvation, but from being too sedentary) . Not to mention a huge chunk of our artistic and intellectual leaders lean hard to the left, towards decadence and freedom from the old, scarcity-induced rules of yore.

Take Israel Folau, a rugby champion from Australia who was stripped of his career because of a post he made against homosexuality:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7019875/Its-really-challenging-Israel-Folaus-breaks-silence-Sunday-testimony.html

Folau was given a chance to get his job back by doing nothing other than taking the post down - he didn't have to publicly apologize for his remark or anything, just take it down. And he refused to do so because it went against his religious convictions. He was willing to give up millions of dollars, (AND face the wrath of Social Media/MSM,) for the sake of his religion. That's practically unheard of in this day and age. Regardless of how you feel about his beliefs, you have to admit his refusal takes enormous, rugby-sized brass balls. Would Spoony ever stand by anything he believes in that steadfastedly? If you offered him a contract for several million dollars to become a Trump Supporter, offered to buy him a house and wipe out his debts, (and told him he could do it secretly under a different name, without revealing his pro-Trump identity to anyone,) do you think he would stand by his convictions and tell you to fuck off? Or would he be signing that contract so fast, smoke would rise from the pen nib?

RisingPheonix

I came here to squark at you
kiwifarms.net
Anyone who has seriously studied the subject of God knows that he's not a Mickey Mouse, Bearded Genie in the Sky who answers wishes. In fact, following God and doing what he says is very hard in a world like ours, because it takes effort and conviction to do so in a society that has enough wealth and technological advances to satisfy everyone's needs, (to the point where everyone can be lazy and where early death comes not from starvation, but from being too sedentary) . Not to mention a huge chunk of our artistic and intellectual leaders lean hard to the left, towards decadence and freedom from the old, scarcity-induced rules of yore.
People who think Gods constantly answering (at least in Christian context) or is always on call tends to be newbies, people who sort of half-assedly come to church and never actually read the bible, or people who are pretty deep in with the Church membership.

But God doesn't make things "magically" happen because you pray hard enough, anyone who thinks prayer = getting things, is doing it for all the wrong reasons. It's a bit like how the Genie in Aladdin can't just "make someone fall in love" - but on a larger scale, God can't just tinker with your bosses brain to make him think you need a promotion, or prevent someone doing something horrible - because we have free will and that's something God can't tamper with.

It's worth noting that from New Testament onwards, things like the commandments were considered more guidance rules than rigid strict "do this or face hell" laws. You should try to follow them, failing to could be a gamble - but it's down to individual call. Granted I agree yes, some of it is harder to follow than others in todays world. But most of the commandments is relatively good advice, even if you want to tone one or two down.

Anyway, nice to see Spoony still yelling into his twitter as always, some things never change I suppose

Zaryiu

Nobody important
kiwifarms.net
Which I really hate about the Current Year.

Its like people want to reduce every historical conflict to good guys and bad guys.

Might as well just call them Autobots and Decepticons at that point.
Expect if I remember right in many versions you had/have Autobots and Decepticons that were different from the majority of their groups so yeah it's insane how even fictional giant robots still have more depth to them than social media

Me262PrinceOfTurboJet

Junkers Jumo 004
kiwifarms.net
I'd like to thank Noah for giving me the final push to become an agnostic/apatheist who reviles atheists with a passion. I just can't stand these smug cunts who get their dopamine fix from ruining things for others, like religious or traditional holidays. If you can't be happy without upsetting other people, you probably have a mental illness.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino