TGWTG The Spoony One / Spoony / Noah Antwiler - Washed-up Video game / movie critic. Patreon scammer. Pussy-whipped SJW. A more insufferable DSP.

I Love Beef

お前はもう。。。。満でるー!!!!
kiwifarms.net
I'm thankful for From Software for punishing this little scammer.
It's kinda cathartic knowing Noah sucks so bad at Bloodborne that he whines almost as hard as DSP.
If only there was a way to record your gameplay, monetize that rage and turn it into entertaining content...

View attachment 817911

Noah's just wrong, btw.
Bloodborne is pretty unambiguous about the player character traveling to Yharnam in search of a cure for an illness that's started to plague his/her own village.
Plus if he's too stupid to glean plot details in a series known for being vague, just forget about it and make up a motivation.
That's sorta why these games have a create-a-character in the first place.
I believe that's one thing I've noticed over the years that really makes or breaks me about reviewers in general. It's if they pay attention to details or not. And believe me, that is the small fine line that in my course as someone who wants good criterion so I don't fuck up instantly labeling everything in black and white bullshit or greatness on a pedestal like Spoony.

The problem with Spoony is that he's such an insufferable egotist, that he thinks he knows what his next review's game/movie/wrestling match/whatever the fuck he spectates is all about. Sure, you can't be enthusiastic about everything, but in this life, attitude is everything, and if his little prissy pansy ass is afraid of having expectations and being let down, tough shit, this world we live in wasn't called imperfect by sages and philosophers thousands of years ago for no fucking reason. "Oh, this wasn't how I thought it was going to be like, because it didn't play out in my mind. What a waste of time, I've seen this done before, but WAYYY better," blah blah fuckin' blah.

Because of this, Spoony builds up stereotypes and bullshit checklists from the start, and because he thinks that is how it will and always will play out, he'll go through everything exactly the same time before with those bullshit notions. He's already bent towards bias, because his psycho entitled ass thinks he's seen everything. He'll never explore or push boundaries, because he's such a cynical consumer that is already the fool played by a system he thinks is conspiring against him that exists in only but his head. The last time I've witnessed attitudes like this was from the local newspaper movie reviewing guy who is likely out at the bus station now sucking dicks for cheeseburgers, and that will likely be Spoony in the future. It's no wonder why "internet reviewing" and western styled reviewing is looked at as such a joke these days. Dumbasses like TGWTG and Noah here ruined it trying to bankroll and know it all off of it.

Spedestrian

Big business man sending lots of big emails
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm thankful for From Software for punishing this little scammer.
It's kinda cathartic knowing Noah sucks so bad at Bloodborne that he whines almost as hard as DSP.
If only there was a way to record your gameplay, monetize that rage and turn it into entertaining content...

View attachment 817911

Noah's just wrong, btw.
Bloodborne is pretty unambiguous about the player character traveling to Yharnam in search of a cure for an illness that's started to plague his/her own village.
Plus if he's too stupid to glean plot details in a series known for being vague, just forget about it and make up a motivation.
That's sorta why these games have a create-a-character in the first place.
The last time Noah tried to stream a FromSoft game he got so assblasted that he didn't stream for 6 months straight. I don't think he ever outright admitted it, but if you watch his Dark Souls 2 chimpout it's pretty obvious.

He'd probably kill himself if he tried to stream Bloodborne. His fragile ego just can't handle that kind of humiliation.

I believe that's one thing I've noticed over the years that really makes or breaks me about reviewers in general. It's if they pay attention to details or not. And believe me, that is the small fine line that in my course as someone who wants good criterion so I don't fuck up instantly labeling everything in black and white bullshit or greatness on a pedestal like Spoony.

The problem with Spoony is that he's such an insufferable egotist, that he thinks he knows what his next review's game/movie/wrestling match/whatever the fuck he spectates is all about. Sure, you can't be enthusiastic about everything, but in this life, attitude is everything, and if his little prissy pansy ass is afraid of having expectations and being let down, tough shit, this world we live in wasn't called imperfect by sages and philosophers thousands of years ago for no fucking reason. "Oh, this wasn't how I thought it was going to be like, because it didn't play out in my mind. What a waste of time, I've seen this done before, but WAYYY better," blah blah fuckin' blah.

Because of this, Spoony builds up stereotypes and bullshit checklists from the start, and because he thinks that is how it will and always will play out, he'll go through everything exactly the same time before with those bullshit notions. He's already bent towards bias, because his psycho entitled ass thinks he's seen everything. He'll never explore or push boundaries, because he's such a cynical consumer that is already the fool played by a system he thinks is conspiring against him that exists in only but his head. The last time I've witnessed attitudes like this was from the local newspaper movie reviewing guy who is likely out at the bus station now sucking dicks for cheeseburgers, and that will likely be Spoony in the future. It's no wonder why "internet reviewing" and western styled reviewing is looked at as such a joke these days. Dumbasses like TGWTG and Noah here ruined it trying to bankroll and know it all off of it.
I like objective reviews as much as anybody, but it's pretty obvious that was never what Spoony or TGWTG were trying to create. Acting like they sullied the art of western critique with their obviously biased and hyperbolic comedy rants is straight up autistic. You might as well complain that Saturday Night Live is slandering the president by deliberately misrepresenting him. It's comedy, it's not supposed to be fair and balanced.

I Love Beef

お前はもう。。。。満でるー!!!!
kiwifarms.net
The last time Noah tried to stream a FromSoft game he got so assblasted that he didn't stream for 6 months straight. I don't think he ever outright admitted it, but if you watch his Dark Souls 2 chimpout it's pretty obvious.

He'd probably kill himself if he tried to stream Bloodborne. His fragile ego just can't handle that kind of humiliation.

I like objective reviews as much as anybody, but it's pretty obvious that was never what Spoony or TGWTG were trying to create. Acting like they sullied the art of western critique with their obviously biased and hyperbolic comedy rants is straight up autistic. You might as well complain that Saturday Night Live is slandering the president by deliberately misrepresenting him. It's comedy, it's not supposed to be fair and balanced.
This doesn't exactly excuse my sperging, but I will help extend this conversation: There's a dynamic and reason why AVGN works, and I thank Lordkat as one of his daily viewers when he streamed, even into when shit hit the fan with Spoony, and helped explain why The Spoony Experiment nosedived crashing into the ground.

Everyone and their mother loves AVGN and MST3K because it stands out as a comedy act with its overall presentation. While Joel is made to be a sympathetic working joe just trying to not die by his tyrannical upper management overlords with crazy movies in a dysfunctional futuristic society and being isolated in space, the AVGN works because he also is a sympathetic video game nerd whom we do not know the profile of, yet know the surface aspects of him enough and have our suspension of disbelief elevated with his ostentatious character to know that he is not just James Rolfe portrayed as a nerd. Ie, they are not real enough to know that this is really just some guy acting legitimately like a sperg, and that we can just let that roll on by as they are our guide into their lives and the show, which we watch and identify with.

However, everyone else who is the bargain bin version of these individuals, and I'm not talking about personality based critics like JonTron and let's players like Markiplier and PewDiePie (we'll get to that in a moment), sieve heavily with the holes in their production values and lack of thought and effort. MST3K can get away with it because they had a set to help portray a setting. AVGN is helped by how James's video game collection and the room which it is contained in also acts as very effective set piece for his character; ie a diehard video game nerd. Both characters also don't act like their real life counterparts and help establish an onstage persona which they act through.

Spoony and his former posse of That Guy With The Glasses however, they all come off as talking heads with their real life personas intact, and hence lose sight of being a legitimate act of theater and drama. They use their houses and convention hotel rooms as their sets. They barely separate fiction from reality by not creating a character to act through, and hence come off like a crazy ass bum off of a city street corner telling you how the world is going to end or some annoying ass nerd telling you over your shoulder what to watch because if you do, you "have shit taste", no matter if it's intentional or not. Spoony has the best ass end of this because he didn't just fill in the bad acting checklist, but used social media as his own person and asked if he could serial killer style rape a fellow coworker for laughs, which properly led to him having an megalomanical breakdown and being told to kill himself for his insufferable narcissism. Hell, I've even been there when he sperged about killer bees and interrupted a Dungeons and Dragons session by Jason and his friends back in the day like the cringey nerd motherfucker he still is today. I'm sure we all know this, but if that was done by anyone big in Hollywood and enough for society to give a shit about even before #metoo, the paparazzi would swarm all over that like flies on a rotting corpse. And as we now know nowadays, they are the laughing stock of unprofessional internet show stardom to not ever follow the foot of.

And back to personality critics; they also play real life acting and entertainment world hardball. Their personality and voice tone has to be charismatic and inviting to whatever their show entails. They have to have a right "look" about them. They also need a budget and not have a room that looks like their bedroom at their parent's house or anything dumpy and homely if it is not a part of their character. They also need to not just learn how to act and have good stage presence, but be professionals even in their ordinary lives, because no matter how much anyone fucking prances around saying "we're not like the mainstream!" with all of the hubris and egotistic fueled jaunting joy in the world, there's always going to be a crowd watching and waiting for a reaction to get dopamine off of. You don't got that? You better have not quit your dayjob.

And as Spoony is today, he's in his own Skid Row, LA, in another part of the world; another burnt out star of stardom, with another tragic tale of falling out from the skies. Only, I don't sympathize with him, because he was always like the egotistic drama whore who went out to LA just to only get famous and continue their popularity streak, and was with a group of other sperg tards who did the exact same thing. Oh sure, I had a good chuckle with Phantasmagoria and Sewer Shark from back in the day, but he's done enough shit to get me to not want to be reminded of his crazy ass and his pathetic faux acting entertainer excuse of a routine. And in all of this tragedy, in all of this poetic irony, I came to learn far more about bad media and entertainment through Spoony and TGWTG than any of their extended viewings of z grade movies and entertainment. tl;dr they sucked at comedic sniping critique and having a good act.

Last edited:

Echo_Ender

Doggo
kiwifarms.net
Oh sure, I had a good chuckle with Phantasmagoria and Sewer Shark from back in the day,
Those were from back when he scripted out his material, trying to be funny and entertaining instead of sperging out unscripted with preachy, egotistical bullshit.

How many times in his old stuff did he start sperging out on someone (Doctors, the president, game companies, ect) vs how much he was just enjoying cheesy acting, weirdness, and mind-boggling gameplay?

Of course that was back when he actually created good content to get positive attention instead of sperging out against Trump/throwing a self-pity party on Twitter for asspats...

I Love Beef

お前はもう。。。。満でるー!!!!
kiwifarms.net
Those were from back when he scripted out his material, trying to be funny and entertaining instead of sperging out unscripted with preachy, egotistical bullshit.

How many times in his old stuff did he start sperging out on someone (Doctors, the president, game companies, ect) vs how much he was just enjoying cheesy acting, weirdness, and mind-boggling gameplay?

Of course that was back when he actually created good content to get positive attention instead of sperging out against Trump/throwing a self-pity party on Twitter for asspats...
I think the point when he got too big for his britches occurred when he did Microcosm and hung around Angry Joe too much. Microcosm displayed some of his first acts of cynicism at the industry, which was good dark humor, while I think hanging around Angry Joe and Blistered Thumbs got him to think that he could definitely snipe at the video game industry all he wanted to. This went from him sperging on and sniping at Deadliest Warrior: The Game, to him going to E3 and making him and everyone down at TGWTG look like complete jackoffs that no one in their right mind would want to associate themselves with. And yeah, when Jason said it cost him his interview with Notch of Minecraft, Jason had every right to tell off Spoony to go play in Minecraft forever at that point.

Mango Unchained

Cocaine and Cocaine Accessories
kiwifarms.net
Hell, I've even been there when he sperged about killer bees and interrupted a Dungeons and Dragons session by Jason and his friends back in the day like the cringey nerd motherfucker he still is today.

You were actually there when this happened? Awesome! Note that Spoony is so unapologetic that he doesn't even excuse himself when he bails out. Or did he come back later and said something? What a pompous jackass. Major props to the guy who told him off, he got as close to a good scolding as he could without having to fear a ban.

I think the point when he got too big for his britches occurred when he did Microcosm and hung around Angry Joe too much. Microcosm displayed some of his first acts of cynicism at the industry, which was good dark humor, while I think hanging around Angry Joe and Blistered Thumbs got him to think that he could definitely snipe at the video game industry all he wanted to. This went from him sperging on and sniping at Deadliest Warrior: The Game, to him going to E3 and making him and everyone down at TGWTG look like complete jackoffs that no one in their right mind would want to associate themselves with. And yeah, when Jason said it cost him his interview with Notch of Minecraft, Jason had every right to tell off Spoony to go play in Minecraft forever at that point.

Perhaps most of us agree with Jason's livecast outburst when he said that Noah's exceptional war cry closed many doors for him in the industry. Imagine being branded in your company as a circlejerk buffoon because your co-worker sperged out at the watercooler conversation. It'd piss off anybody enough to avoid that person like the plague. I support the thesis of Joe's contagious shtick. Spoony is the kind of person susceptible for that, especially since he doesn't bounce off other people's arguments and is accustomed to be the only voice in the room due to banhammering others if they oppose him. While the Deadliest Warrior rant is scripted and the bees thing was him acting natural, it's safe to say he hasn't run into adroit people in RL very often. Remember when Joe choked on Jeff Keeley? This is what Spoony tries to avoid because he knows he cannot handle the counterattack. He's done panels alright, a turnaround position where you can brush off unappealing questions and pick the next raised hand. Noah would confront a store clerk over a pack of Skittles if he found it facing backwards in the aisle. At the same time he skips court despite claiming to defend his case. Cowardly microcock.

Spoonay.jpg

I imagine all those voices to sound like his own because we know he doesn't listen to others. The voices you should hear are the voices of doctors telling you to get your shit together.

Last edited:

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
I think Phantasmagoria 2 was the first full LP of a game I ever watched.

It was pretty good, but nothing else I tried to watch of Spoony caught my interest as much, there was once a time when maybe there was a spark of something there, but I'm not all surprised he would turn into one of the biggest also rans of ecelebs.

JuanButNotForgotten

Friendly Mexican Ghost
kiwifarms.net
think the point when he got too big for his britches occurred when he did Microcosm and hung around Angry Joe too much
Nah, I think it was when his fans clicked him Mashable. Or maybe even earlier, because his celebration post was basically "I won, thank you, but if you aren't happy for me, then go fuck yourself, nobody wants you here", meaning his ego was bigger than him even before that.

TheShortWaveCerealKiller

The Broner with a Boner
kiwifarms.net
Perhaps most of us agree with Jason's livecast outburst when he said that Noah's exceptional war cry closed many doors for him in the industry. Imagine being branded in your company as a circlejerk buffoon because your co-worker sperged out at the watercooler conversation. It'd piss off anybody enough to avoid that person like the plague. I support the thesis of Joe's contagious shtick. Spoony is the kind of person susceptible for that, especially since he doesn't bounce off other people's arguments and is accustomed to be the only voice in the room due to banhammering others if they oppose him. While the Deadliest Warrior rant is scripted and the bees thing was him acting natural, it's safe to say he hasn't run into adroit people in RL very often. Remember when Joe choked on Jeff Keeley? This is what Spoony tries to avoid because he knows he cannot handle the counterattack. He's done panels alright, a turnaround position where you can brush off unappealing questions and pick the next raised hand. Noah would confront a store clerk over a pack of Skittles if he found it facing backwards in the aisle. At the same time he skips court despite claiming to defend his case. Cowardly microcock.
Spoony reminds me of the kid in school who would get pissed if the teacher gave him a 99 and not a 100. But hey when you're so used to being right because you're the only one arguing I can see what a shock it can be to have opinions other than your own. Like how he lashes out at people for liking certain movies or games because [insert extremely mundane reason here]. Me thinks Spoony never truly grew out of his "Im ready for life" phase from his teen years. Just thinking out loud though.

RJ MacReady

cheating bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Spoony reminds me of the kid in school who would get pissed if the teacher gave him a 99 and not a 100. But hey when you're so used to being right because you're the only one arguing I can see what a shock it can be to have opinions other than your own. Like how he lashes out at people for liking certain movies or games because [insert extremely mundane reason here]. Me thinks Spoony never truly grew out of his "Im ready for life" phase from his teen years. Just thinking out loud though.
I once said that Noah is perpetually a college freshman: His diet, hygiene, sleep schedule, work ethic, emotional maturity and perspective doesn't seem to have meaningfully improved in almost 20 years. It's just that his cynicism has multiplied and people (namely himself) mistake that for growth.

Krokodil Overdose

[|][||][||][|_]
kiwifarms.net
At this point, I'm just waiting for him to come down with a serious illness due to poor living/eating or sperg out in public and get into legal trouble. And since he has a home mortgage of debt, whatever other debts he's accrued, and zero emergency savings, either one will ruin him.
See, that's a loose end that's always bugged me: his mysterious... I won't say "solvency," but lack of bankruptcy. He makes shit money, as far as we know, he has a mortgage, he just had to replace his car, and even if you don't buy his stories about being a human petri dish, he does have psychiatric meds to pay for. And Illinois is not a cheap place to live. How exactly has he kept his head above water for so long?

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
See, that's a loose end that's always bugged me: his mysterious... I won't say "solvency," but lack of bankruptcy. He makes shit money, as far as we know, he has a mortgage, he just had to replace his car, and even if you don't buy his stories about being a human petri dish, he does have psychiatric meds to pay for. And Illinois is not a cheap place to live. How exactly has he kept his head above water for so long?
His parents maybe? Maybe he comes from a family with money?

A Big Bumbling Black Man

never forget your vest in the gangster kitchen
kiwifarms.net
His parents maybe? Maybe he comes from a family with money?
IIRC, thanks to Joe Arpaio, Noah's brother was able to retire with a full pension after killing that illegal alien (#JuanButNotForgotten).
Noah leached off him for years, so it would be expected that Miles is giving Noah a piece of that :tugboat:

RJ MacReady

cheating bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
IIRC, thanks to Joe Arpaio, Noah's brother was able to retire with a full pension after killing that illegal alien (#JuanButNotForgotten).
Noah leached off him for years, so it would be expected that Miles is giving Noah a piece of that :tugboat:
Miles retired? I remember reading about him being promoted to sergeant a few years ago.

Echo_Ender

Doggo
kiwifarms.net
This actually sounds about right. Angry Joe has a smug, egotistical attitude that I could see rubbing off on Spoony.

Now that I think about it, when he started hanging out with Joe and the TGWTG crew was right about when he started doing less scripted stuff, more "Spontaneous angry rant" stuff, and started doing those stupid sketches with "Characters"

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This actually sounds about right. Angry Joe has a smug, egotistical attitude that I could see rubbing off on Spoony.

Now that I think about it, when he started hanging out with Joe and the TGWTG crew was right about when he started doing less scripted stuff, more "Spontaneous angry rant" stuff, and started doing those stupid sketches with "Characters"
Don't strip agency from Noah; he was always a smug feedbackophobic cunt. The difference is that he just got lazier and lazier the longer he did this.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino