TGWTG The Spoony One / Spoony / Noah Antwiler - Washed-up Video game / movie critic. Patreon scammer. Pussy-whipped SJW. A more insufferable DSP.

Smiling Honeybadger

Still on the search for some super smart Title.
kiwifarms.net
I'm not privy to how effective sun lamps are for depression, but the obvious joke here is he could just go out and get some damn sunlight for free. His pale skin probably needs it anyway.

Also, his comment about using stage lights. When was the last time he actually used them?
They are said to be. But we are right in the middle of summer time. All Spoony has to do is going fucking outside. He gets fresh air for free as well and his poor dog some exercise.

These daylight lamps make sense when you live far up North in winter time. When it gets dark again at 3pm...

GloriousRapeRabbit

RapeRabbit of infinite glory
kiwifarms.net
It really is impressive to see just how incompetent Noah is at games in general. I seem to remember for example there being footage of him getting bodied in a newer Tekken game. He also is laughably bad at Fallout 2, and this was after he admitted how much he liked it.

You'd think he'd like shit like the new Doom, the remade Punch-Out and so on. But nope; he's just like Pigroach at this point.
If i remember that Fallout 2 session he seemed completely oblivious how to make a character. Or how to use it, He "bragged" about how he always does high intelligence characters in RPGs and then he proceeds to go out and try to kill and do everything with shere force and violence. How the fuck did this guy ever make it in those oldschool RPGs?

Seen rumours around the web about some other old TGWTG creator helped him get through or even played for him to get some of the ultima videos. No idea how much truth it is to this and cant remember who this helper is said to have been. But considering his fallout 2 play i am not having an extremely hard time believing this.

Man vs persistent rat

A good egg is a nice person
kiwifarms.net
I get the sense he was the type who autistically grinded through games, resetting until he worked out how to work the game's unbalanced systems. This presumably worked with his nostalgia games that he played as a kid, since kids of that time had almost no games to play and a lot of desire to extract value from them, and the games were even designed around that expectation somewhat. I don't think losing all of his ability/patience would explain his decline, and that the way he learned to play perhaps simply doesn't work any more.

The Fallout event was a very strange test to this theory, however, as he should know that this is the same type of game as Ultima. I have more understanding of why he is bad at modern games that have more of a premium on discipline and skill than working around horrible UI and perverse balance.

Did he ever play old FPSs? I went back to Quake 2 and as someone sympathetic to that style of game, still found navigating the hub world a bit of a challenge. If Spoony wasn't even on that level of experience, mostly focusing on 2D scrollers (like his early reviews) and grindy RPGs, I could see him never learning the spacial element of level design that the Souls games use (in a limited fashion). I think this type of memorisation is different to Metroidvanias, especially as they are mostly on one plane and have a map.

Last edited:

A Big Bumbling Black Man

never forget your vest in the gangster kitchen
kiwifarms.net
If Spoony wasn't even on that level of experience, mostly focusing on 2D scrollers (like his early reviews) and grindy RPGs, I could see him never learning the spacial element of level design that the Souls games use (in a limited fashion). I think this type of memorisation is different to Metroidvanias, especially as they are mostly on one plane and have a map.
You nailed it, that's also why it's not that surprising DSP finished Cuphead.
Phil (and Spoony apparently) lack spatial awareness and problem solving skills, but a sidescroller focuses more on reaction and repetition.
In a game with infinite lives and a single direction to go, he can just smash his cupface against every single oncoming enemy, die, and try it again with a slightly different jump angle, like a shitty AI bot, just dumber and made of meat.
But in a game that asks you to perceive surroundings that are outside your direct field of vision, they fall apart.
Spoony managed to get hopelessly lost in Doom because the layout of his surroundings kept getting pushed out of his head by some distraction, probably a stream chat message, or even just some random manic thought. Even more so with Bloodborne.

RJ MacReady

cheating bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Seen rumours around the web about some other old TGWTG creator helped him get through or even played for him to get some of the ultima videos. No idea how much truth it is to this and cant remember who this helper is said to have been. But considering his fallout 2 play i am not having an extremely hard time believing this.
I can shed light here: Most of the gameplay for Noah's Ultima reviews was borrowed with permission from a Youtuber named Elzair, and a lot of gameplay for some of his Final Fantasy reviews (FFXIII and I think X specifically) was recorded by his long-time peer Sean "HopeWithinChaos" Fausz and maybe one or two other people I can't recall on top of Noah's own footage.

The reason for this, per Noah, was that recording raw gameplay was allegedly the most time-consuming part of producing an RPG review (IIRC he said FFX needed 100+ hours of footage) and presumably he found it more efficient to leaf through the footage as he wrote instead of playing (he actually wanted to hire an editor specifically to do this, but it never happened); he did play the games, mind you, but he didn't record his playthroughs exhaustively.

The gameplay for the non-RPGs he's reviewed is mostly his own. I don't think he's ever asked someone to record a game on his behalf because it was too hard, though he did borrow footage for Pumpkinhead II (again, with permission) for that reason.

Last edited:

Echo_Ender

Doggo
kiwifarms.net
He powered through a lot of old RPGs like Final Fantasy because you really can't "Build" a character wrong and fuck yourself over. If you get stuck, you can just grind to boost yourself through harder parts.

With harder RPGs like Fallout, you can't do that to pass every obstacle. And in the early game, you can't do it at all. If you make an all INT or all CHA character, you force yourself into having to play a certain way.

With his character he made, you CAN'T solve every problem through a direct fight. You have to avoid a lot of combats, make/use drugs to buff yourself, and recruit combat-capable NPCs.

He's used to the garbage Bethesda fallout, where your high-int character can abuse VATS, instant Stimpack Healing in a paused menu, and level-scaled enemies that are rarely tougher than you.

Doctor Stan

Fake Doctor
kiwifarms.net
  • Agree
Reactions: UnclePhil

LordofCringe7206

kiwifarms.net
Doom 2016 reminds me a bit of Painkiller and a bit of Serious Sam at times, you go from area to area to fight in big arenas, it wasn't complicated to get through it
Like seriously. I could maybe understand having problems with the first two. But the 2016 version is not even remotely difficult.

If he had that many problems playing it then he needs to get off the computer and find a different hobby.

Seen rumours around the web about some other old TGWTG creator helped him get through or even played for him to get some of the ultima videos.
Guy wasn't from TGWTG, but yes, almost all the Ultima footage was sent to Spoony for him to do commentary over. He would ask for specific scenes or events, and general footage to use for b-roll as well.

Captain Ramius

One ping only, please...
kiwifarms.net
I always wondered where Spoony's hate-boner for Trump comes from. I certainly don't like the guy but I actually get on with my life, do the things I'm supposed to but for Noah, it cripples him. I imagine a day where he can manage to put on a clean pair of underwear is a small victory.

Part of me wonders if it's because Trump can constantly say all this outrageous shit and still be in the highest office in the land. Meanwhile, Spoony, who at one point was a popular & productive internet personality, made one off-color joke about JesuOtaku and keeping [then] her in his basement...and that was the start of the Fall of the Experiment of Spoony if you will. He never really recovered from that.
Sure he worked for a little bit trying to get back to where he was before, even lying through his teeth about not hating Lupa's guts, but he just wan't able to do it.

He sees Trump having a power that he wishes to have; to say the most outrageous thing and to have his followers just laugh it off or ignore it, say that it's par the course for Spoony.

Just a theory of mine...

Pargon

Engaging in cultural trench warfare
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I always wondered where Spoony's hate-boner for Trump comes from. I certainly don't like the guy but I actually get on with my life, do the things I'm supposed to but for Noah, it cripples him. I imagine a day where he can manage to put on a clean pair of underwear is a small victory.

Part of me wonders if it's because Trump can constantly say all this outrageous shit and still be in the highest office in the land. Meanwhile, Spoony, who at one point was a popular & productive internet personality, made one off-color joke about JesuOtaku and keeping [then] her in his basement...and that was the start of the Fall of the Experiment of Spoony if you will. He never really recovered from that.
Sure he worked for a little bit trying to get back to where he was before, even lying through his teeth about not hating Lupa's guts, but he just wan't able to do it.

He sees Trump having a power that he wishes to have; to say the most outrageous thing and to have his followers just laugh it off or ignore it, say that it's par the course for Spoony.

Just a theory of mine...
Donald Trump is a very divisive, often abrasive, unabashed person. He is also in a position of tremendous power. People with personalities like that are easy to dislike if you disagree with them and, conversely, inspire great loyalty or at least camaraderie or admiration for those that do. The President of the United States, regardless of platform, party, or background is blamed by Americans for a staggering variety of things, sometimes as a representative of federal government as a whole despite being the top of only one branch.

National scapegoat multiplied by an alpha personality equals a person whom it is very easy to despise and make the face of every enemy you may have if your politics and interests do not align.

Manly-Chicken

Laughs at Tards
kiwifarms.net
If a Democrat wins, will spoony stop tweeting about Trump? Is there potential for him to produce content again? Would he stop having every disease under the sun?

We all know that he'd continue to dump on trump. Who am I kidding?
If Trump vanished tomorrow, there's enough right leaning public figures to last him a lifetime of procrastination.

JuanButNotForgotten

Friendly Mexican Ghost
kiwifarms.net
If a Democrat wins, will spoony stop tweeting about Trump? Is there potential for him to produce content again? Would he stop having every disease under the sun?

"Trump crippled me so bad, that I will never recover, I can't even stream anymore!"

TheShortWaveCerealKiller

The Broner with a Boner
kiwifarms.net

Spoony will only find something else to whine about and blame his utter uselessness on. Even if Trump lost he would probably use the "he was president at all and im still LITERALLY shaking" argument

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino