TGWTG The Spoony One / Spoony / Noah Antwiler - Washed-up Video game / movie critic. Patreon scammer. Pussy-whipped SJW. A more insufferable DSP.

Mango Unchained

Cocaine and Cocaine Accessories
kiwifarms.net
The interesting bit is his rationale. What is he doing with computers that he needs something like this? Regular PC maintenance doesn't require a multitool.
Noah wishlisted a second edition of the same Pathfinder book because one of them is a special edition. The rationale is out the window as long as he doesn't pay himself for it.

But I'll humour you and say that he'll "need" it to nip one or two cables off a drive, then it vanishes into his toolbox forever.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: RJ MacReady

RJ MacReady

cheating bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Noah does (rather than just says) something that's self-aware for the first time in years... and it's about wrestling!

2019-08-11 23_17_54-Tweets with replies by Noah Antwiler (@TheSpoonyOne) _ Twitter.png

Truly we are witnessing the evolution of a man.

Interestingly, though, his interest in wrestling does seem to be fading. That's the first time he's tweeted about it in nearly two months at the least.

Dumpster dived waifu

Sieg heil mein waifu
kiwifarms.net
Completely hypothetical, but lets say someone bought his domain, and restarted The Spoony Experiment, called himself Spoony, replicated the robot buddy prop, and just continued the webseries as the new Spoony.

Could Noah stop him? Does he own a copyright on any of his old shit?
Even if he did at one point, you can guarantee hes let it slide by now.

RJ MacReady

cheating bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Copyright is automatic and inherent to a creative work (e.g. his videos, written reviews, really any of the content from his website, etc.), though with branding I think it's a little more complex. He could just argue that "The Spoony Experiment" has been his brand and business (it's registered as an LLC) for over a decade and a half, has always been associated with him exclusively (nobody of comparable profile has called themselves "Spoony" or anything similar while doing similar work), and someone specifically using that name and branding to produce similar work would be profiting from his brand and work by intentionally misleading the "consumer".

But the domain is paid up for years in advance and these kinds of arguments are only made in a courtroom, which would require him to take legal action against a hypothetical person who actually did that and was willing to defend it in court. In theory though he'd probably win.

Y2K Baby

The Codex of Ultimate Wisdom???
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Completely hypothetical, but lets say someone bought his domain, and restarted The Spoony Experiment, called himself Spoony, replicated the robot buddy prop, and just continued the webseries as the new Spoony.

Brb, getting a black mop to put on my head.

A Big Bumbling Black Man

never forget your vest in the gangster kitchen
kiwifarms.net
This makes me wonder if he's been putting together another vlog
Is Noah doing freelance video jobs on Upwork (formerly Elance) or something?
If more curious Kiwi's could search for his profile....
Almost sounds like he's doing bulk editing for India-level wages, I've been doing video editing for years and I never had to bind macros to keys...
We can't forget the admission that Noah is too dopey to remember which keys do what, or even write down a cheat sheet on a post-it note that he can look at.
What a brainlet.

Reactions: BlueSpark

RJ MacReady

cheating bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Almost sounds like he's doing bulk editing for India-level wages, I've been doing video editing for years and I never had to bind macros to keys...
We can't forget the admission that Noah is too dopey to remember which keys do what, or even write down a cheat sheet on a post-it note that he can look at.
What a brainlet.
Well he hates his whole life, so I wouldn't rule out the possibility that he's doing freelance busy work he hates for a sub-minimum wage.
It wouldn't really get in the way of his Twitter addiction either.

Something else interesting: I think around a year and a half ago, Noah cryptically tweeted about "being too punchy to read [your] own code" and then never mentioned it again. I screencapped it and nobody here commented on it, but to this day I'm still curious what he (presumably) was coding. It sure as shit wasn't his website.

JuanButNotForgotten

Friendly Mexican Ghost
kiwifarms.net
Now this is interesting. Noah is asking for advice on video editing gear:

View attachment 890498View attachment 890499View attachment 890500

This makes me wonder if he's been putting together another vlog, because he's sure as shit not capable of anything else.
What a brainlet.
Something else interesting: I think around a year and a half ago, Noah cryptically tweeted about "being too punchy to read [your] own code" and then never mentioned it again. I screencapped it and nobody here commented on it, but to this day I'm still curious what he (presumably) was coding. It sure as shit wasn't his website.
He can't even bring his own website back online, for God's sake, what the Hell are you even talking about? He most likely was just randomly reading some shit on the Web and then tweeted something to make himself look smart and busy.

BHWuser

kiwifarms.net
Copyright is automatic and inherent to a creative work (e.g. his videos, written reviews, really any of the content from his website, etc.), though with branding I think it's a little more complex. He could just argue that "The Spoony Experiment" has been his brand and business (it's registered as an LLC) for over a decade and a half, has always been associated with him exclusively (nobody of comparable profile has called themselves "Spoony" or anything similar while doing similar work), and someone specifically using that name and branding to produce similar work would be profiting from his brand and work by intentionally misleading the "consumer".

But the domain is paid up for years in advance and these kinds of arguments are only made in a courtroom, which would require him to take legal action against a hypothetical person who actually did that and was willing to defend it in court. In theory though he'd probably win.
Some of it would be and some of it wouldn't be. It is possible he could win on "the Spoony Experiment" and "Spoony" but as far as I know he's never actually acquired a registered trademark. Not that you always do, but it doens't prevent someone else from trademarking it. And then you have to go through an expensive court battle to try to prove it was yours first. And, even then, has he ever put the ™ after any of his work? That's supposed to be how you symbolize that you identify it as your trademark, but it isn't registered. ® is the symbol used if you have a trademark registered.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino