TGWTG The Spoony One / Spoony / Noah Antwiler - Washed-up Video game / movie critic. Patreon scammer. Pussy-whipped SJW. A more insufferable DSP. Twitter addict. Has pissed everything away.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

RJ MacReady

cheating bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I imagine most people do babyish talk or make weird noises with their pets; hell I do it quite a bit with my own dogs. But I've never felt the pathetic need to type out fake ass baby speech FROM my dogs and act like it's them speaking that.
It's like he wants people to know how much he's fallen mentally to be obsessing over his dog in an embarrassing fashion because he has no other contact with living things. It'd befit his womanly habit of vagueposting about his problems and feelings.

JuanButNotForgotten

Friendly Mexican Ghost
kiwifarms.net
It's like he wants people to know how much he's fallen mentally to be obsessing over his dog in an embarrassing fashion because he has no other contact with living things. It'd befit his womanly habit of vagueposting about his problems and feelings.
I remember one guy, who shot a man to death, crying over his dog in court to show that he is a good person. Maybe Noah is trying to show that April left him for no good reason, despite him saying otherwise. Or he just found a quick way to score some likes and get quick dopamine hit and is going to abuse it to death.

TherapyMan

kiwifarms.net
Spoony reminds me of a modern version of the famous Herman Melville story Bartleby, The Scrivener: A Story of Wall Street. For those who haven't read the story, Bartleby is a scrivener, or basically a letter writer, who at the start of the story is hired by a law firm looking to expand its business. Bartleby at first produces a large volume of quality work, but starts to slow down, eventually stopping all together. Every time he is asked to perform a new task or even answer simple questions, he responds, "I would prefer not to." Bartleby begins living in the office and is asked to leave. Bartleby responds, "I would prefer not to." The lawyer that hired him pleads with him, proposing many different alternatives and places for Bartleby to go, including inviting Bartleby into his house, but Bartleby nonetheless responds that "I would prefer not to."

Eventually, Bartleby is evicted and sent to "The Tombs" (old timey insane asylum). The lawyer tries to get Bartleby better food, but Bartleby would prefer not to dine. In the end, Bartleby dies of starvation, with the lawyer announcing, "Ah Bartleby! Ah humanity!"

Spoony is very much the same, and I think he will come to a similar end as Bartleby. Even now, as the walls close around him, he still finds himself unable to act, unable to make any sort of change that would put him in a better place. Despite Spoony's narcissistic and attention-seeking exterior, I believe that he thinks he deserves to be miserable as a result of immense self-loathing. He wants the validation of others to show him that his life is worth living, but it is irrelevant in the face of Spoony's massive sense of self-hatred. He refuses to engage in any change partially because of his ego, but mostly because he lacks a basic sense of care for himself. In a way, he has already died, yet continues living if only because those around him enable him to sponge off them.

Last edited:

TheShortWaveCerealKiller

The Broner with a Boner
kiwifarms.net
Am I wrong in believing that part of the reason Spoony dislikes therapy is because, for people his generation, there's a bit of an overlap between fedora-core atheism and the anti-self help movement?

One statistic that's come out about post-Gen X is a rise in health consciousnesses, including mental health (to the point that the value of therapy is starting to become a little over-hyped tbh) but in his day it was much more associated with groups like Alcoholics Anonymous, which required participants to submit to a "higher power", not necessarily about evangelizing Christianity, but more because an important part of breaking addiction is abandoning this narcissistic idea that you're the center of the universe (sounds like Noah huh?).

Spoony's younger asspatters on Twitter see nothing wrong with sitting in a circle of chairs and confessing "My name is Noah Antwiler, and I am a Twitter-holic." but for a self-absorbed sociopath like Noah himself, that's probably one of his many nightmares.
I think its more the fact that Spoony himself is so self absorbed in his self deprecating delusion of grandeur that he can't bring himself to honestly say that something is wrong because it would break the cycle he's become so warm to. He doesn't want to change which is something a lot of people here don't seem to get. He doesn't truly want to get better because hes grown to love the cycle of "cry, pity bucks, pity bucks run out, repeat." At this point I feel like its the only thing keeping him "sane" in a way, as a creature of habit if this cycle were to go away he may just have nothing else to grasp to. Which is interesting because we WILL see how he reacts to it soon enough. That is unless some poor unfortunate soul comes in and lets this slob of a man stay with them. Though to your point I do feel that belief is also due to his narcissistic nature where he doesnt want his pride to be hurt by going to therapy. His pride (whatever he still has) is in such a fragile state, that ANYTHING and I meant anything can destroy him.

JuanButNotForgotten

Friendly Mexican Ghost
kiwifarms.net
, I believe that he thinks he deserves to be miserable as a result of immense self-loathing
Not necessarily. All depressed people (including me) share the same warped sense of reality, which can be summarized to:

1. All or nothing. You see everything as extremes, you are either 100 percent successful or a complete failure, nothing in between.
2. Overgeneralization. If something bad happens, you think, that it will never stop, girl dumped you - you will be alone forever, even though she wasn't your first, lost your job - you will never find another one, even though you've always done that.
3. Negative filter. You ignore everything good that happens, you ignore everything good that you've done, you recognize only bad, therefore you are a complete failure and a loser.
4. Ignoring the positive. Somebody said "good job?" Nah, he just wants to be polite and you've fucked up. You've succeeded in something? Well, everybody could've done that!
5. Rushed conclusions. If somebody can't hang out with you that's because they don't want to talk to you, so they lie they are busy. If you have a bad luck in one instance, that means you are going to suffer forever.
6. Exaggeration and understatement. All your strong sides are nothing special, all your weak sides are crippling.
7. Emotional justification. You are wrong, because you feel wrong, you are a loser, because you feel like one.
8. Statements with "must". You MUST be better, you MUST do this. That way you put extra pressure on yourself.
9. Labeling. Every little failure makes you call yourself a loser in every aspect of life.
10. Personalization. Every little bad thing that happens around is your fault, even though it is not.

Keep in mind, that it is about people with standard depression without any disorders of personality or mental illnesses, like bipolar.

RomanesEuntDomus

May contain nuts.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Trump is having the HUD suspending all foreclosures and evictions until the end of April. How will this affect Noah?
If you mean, how will this effect his housing situation, it might buy him some time.
If you mean, how will this effect his mental situation, when he has to aknowledge that Trump did something that netted Spoony some time and might be seen as positive?
Might cause a completely crazy meltdown, where Spoony is super pissed but doesn't even know why, cause for once, he can't bitch about ORANGE MAN.

tehpope

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If you mean, how will this effect his housing situation, it might buy him some time.
If you mean, how will this effect his mental situation, when he has to aknowledge that Trump did something that netted Spoony some time and might be seen as positive?
Might cause a completely crazy meltdown, where Spoony is super pissed but doesn't even know why, cause for once, he can't bitch about ORANGE MAN.
The former. Doubt Spoony will ever mention trump did anything good.

Inshallah

kiwifarms.net
I'm sure if he acknowledges it at all he'll bitch that Trump only delayed his inevitable homelessness.

Arthur Morgan

kiwifarms.net
He probably won't even acknowledge this and just bitch about pussy grabbing.