TGWTG The Spoony One / Spoony / Noah Antwiler - Washed-up Video game / movie critic. Patreon scammer. Pussy-whipped SJW. A more insufferable DSP. Twitter addict. Has pissed everything away.

RJ MacReady

cheating bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
His old videos tell his life story, honestly. In less than 10 years he goes from hosting a standing room only convention panel to a slimy goblin muttering to a webcam in his empty, doomed house with all those former friends and fans long gone.

For me it once again drives home what a remarkable waste of talent his life has been. The explosive rise of tabletop RPG content on Youtube/Twitch alone suggests what a lucrative, fulfilling life he could've had if he put in some effort and modesty from the get-go. He'd still have those busy convention panels and a legion of fans throwing money at him. And April - maybe even better.

A Big Bumbling Black Man

never forget your vest in the gangster kitchen
kiwifarms.net
dumbspoony.jpg

Sure idiot, also, Trump told people to wash their hands and a man drowned himself in water, so Trump should be charged with a felony.
Noah's political takes are always so painfully stupid.

Plus you know he'd be smugly chuckling about how an Arizona redneck just earned himself a Darwin Award, under any other administration.

Last edited:

BlueSpark

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1205090

Sure idiot, also, Trump told people to wash their hands and a man drowned himself in water, so Trump should be charged with a felony.
Reminder: This fucktard didn't even show up to court after he ran a red light and hit another car, injuring the people in it then lied about it.

TheOnlyYamchaFan

Too drunk to kamehameha
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1205090

Plus you know he'd be smugly chuckling about how an Arizona redneck just earned himself a Darwin Award, under any other administration.
it wasn't even the right substance. chloroquine is an anti-malaria drug. The dude took Chloroquine Phosphate which is fish bowl cleaner. Its the difference between having Sodium chloride on your food and pure sodium. One's table salt, the other's so reactive it explodes when it comes in contact with water.

Last edited:

RJ MacReady

cheating bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The best part is, when Trump leaves office (either next year or in 2025), Spoony will officially have nothing. What's he going to do when Trump is gone? What's he going to sperg about?
Republicans in general. He'll get years of mileage out of blaming them for not letting him have neetbux and universal healthcare.

The way he's reacted to his breakup hints he'll fill the void with more moping and video games though.

TheOnlyYamchaFan

Too drunk to kamehameha
kiwifarms.net
Republicans in general. He'll get years of mileage out of blaming them for not letting him have neetbux and universal healthcare.

The way he's reacted to his breakup hints he'll fill the void with more moping and video games though.
and religion in general. Spoony's still living in 2012 with all the fedora tippers.

Honestly, he should be kissing Trump's ass for delaying the Spoony Bum saga.

BR55

kiwifarms.net
His old videos tell his life story, honestly. In less than 10 years he goes from hosting a standing room only convention panel to a slimy goblin muttering to a webcam in his empty, doomed house with all those former friends and fans long gone.

For me it once again drives home what a remarkable waste of talent his life has been. The explosive rise of tabletop RPG content on Youtube/Twitch alone suggests what a lucrative, fulfilling life he could've had if he put in some effort and modesty from the get-go. He'd still have those busy convention panels and a legion of fans throwing money at him. And April - maybe even better.
I personally disagree with the assertion that Spoony "fell" or declined in some meaningful way.
"The Fall of Spoony" implies a catastrophic event or some outside force marring him in some way.
Rather I believe that this is who Spoony always was deep down.
The Spoony Experiment was just him channeling all that angst and inner turmoil and character faults into something great for a few blessed years.
Go read some of his LiveJournal entires from 2006/2007.
Even then you can see the same broken, mopey personality defects shining through.
Maybe there is some alternate universe where Noah kept it together but I doubt that.
All of this bullshit was always lurking below the surface just waiting to burst back out again.
Maybe it was Scarlet leaving or the TGWTG breakup or the patreon account and it's resultant expectations but once those dominoes started falling there was no stopping the inevitable breakdown.

Afinepickle

An actual pickle
kiwifarms.net
I believe that this is who Spoony always was deep down.
While I frankly agree this does beg the question of how he was ever successful in the first place. If Spoony was indeed always a neurotic sack of lazy shit then from where and how did he summon up the energy to ever do any of the shit that made him into The Spoony One?

It seems to me like it was all just a freak coincidence of the right happenstance at the right time that, for whatever reason, temporarily motivated him and when those exact set of circumstances went away he collapsed almost instantaneously.

I find it very bizarre.

BR55

kiwifarms.net
While I frankly agree this does beg the question of how he was ever successful in the first place. If Spoony was indeed always a neurotic sack of lazy shit then from where and how did he summon up the energy to ever do any of the shit that made him into The Spoony One?

It seems to me like it was all just a freak coincidence of the right happenstance at the right time that, for whatever reason, temporarily motivated him and when those exact set of circumstances went away he collapsed almost instantaneously.

I find it very bizarre.
The main reasons would be that...
In the late 2000's and early 2010's that style of content was in vogue and Spoony was at the forefront of it.
Its also not like Spoony wasn't talented or anything. He clearly had a knack for entertaining people and making them laugh. The problem was everything else involving his personality not a lack of ability.
And finally for the first few years the whole thing was still novel and fun for him.
Hanging out and crossing over with the TGWTG crew, sharing his thoughts for an audience that genuinely wanted to hear them, standards were lower back then so it was less work et cetera.
That last part is really important.
The Spoony Experiment being more of a hobby he was getting paid for instead of his job probably went a long way in keeping him stable and motivated.
Scarlet leaving and the Lupa drama were the first blocks in the jenga tower to be removed and the rest followed soon enough.
The Experiment and the expectation of content became a, perceived, weight around his neck instead of a dream come true.
From there the lazy and jaded washout retook control permanently and that was that.