TGWTG The Spoony One / Spoony / Noah Antwiler - Washed-up Video game / movie critic. Patreon scammer. Pussy-whipped SJW. A more insufferable DSP. Twitter addict. Has pissed everything away.

Inshallah

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1473034

This was when Angry Joe accidentally hit Spoony in the head flailing around while shooting the Epic Brawl in 2009. Spoony sensationalised it back then too, describing it as a "pretty serious physical altercation" with no further detail at the time.

I think Noah clings to this moment as proof of his credibility as an actor. He brings it up almost any time he brags about his acting or "stage fighting" skills.
"I don't want to talk about it"

Clearly ya do, Spoon, if ya were the one ta bring it up.

100% VIRGIN M00TY

The King Of Inceldom, Ultimate Trucel
kiwifarms.net
He is still alive but not living, he is some sort of ghoul stuck in the confines of Twitter purgatory.

What does he do all day? Can he even name the day of the week he is in? He can't even low effort stream once a month. The only time something changes is when life forces a change on him, like being kicked out of his house. You would think sheer boredom of doing the same thing every day for years would have snapped him out of it by now.

Michael Wade

I love my insane psychotic psychic wife.
kiwifarms.net
Potentially late, did anyone post this already? https://archive.md/rrcTB
Apparently Counter Monkey was a blog originally before he started making the videos and yes he allowed it to officially die back in 2016 (it was already dead since he stopped posting on it back in 2012)
God It was so depressing reading his old blog posts. Not the ones you posted, but another one he had on a site I cant remember. It's somewhere in the middle of this thread, but as I was going through it looking for unseen reviews and platitudes I stumbled onto a section where he was describing advice given to him.

It was heavy foreshadowing of what was to come, as this random dude was borderline pleading with him not to waste his life on internet shit. I got so fucking bummed out by it I had to stop.

I was a HUGE fan of him back in the day. He never could turn the mirror upon himself.

RJ MacReady

cheating bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
God It was so depressing reading his old blog posts. Not the ones you posted, but another one he had on a site I cant remember. It's somewhere in the middle of this thread, but as I was going through it looking for unseen reviews and platitudes I stumbled onto a section where he was describing advice given to him.

It was heavy foreshadowing of what was to come, as this random dude was borderline pleading with him not to waste his life on internet shit. I got so fucking bummed out by it I had to stop.

I was a HUGE fan of him back in the day. He never could turn the mirror upon himself.
This blog, updated very early in his career. He originally wanted Counter Monkey to be a book but abandoned it when he ran out of material and revived it as a vlog series a couple of years later. I've read through it a couple of times. It's legitimately interesting stuff and lends perspective to Spoony's past and personality.

I forgot about the other Counter Monkey site. He also created a separate site for Wrestle Wrestle around the same time which was likewise abandoned, and uploaded Counter Monkey to Youtube on its own channel where it remains today. This was all when he was trying to placate fans who didn't like his vlog content by separating it from TSE.

100% VIRGIN M00TY

kiwifarms.net
He is like the opposite of DSP where instead of a very autistic strict schedule that must be adhered to he can only try to stream "in the moment", and if he doesn't do it right during the minute the thought about then it can't be done. If he is awake NEET hours could he not stream at 10 pm or 7 am?

Lucas Silva #4903141

kiwifarms.net
He is like the opposite of DSP where instead of a very autistic strict schedule that must be adhered to he can only try to stream "in the moment", and if he doesn't do it right during the minute the thought about then it can't be done. If he is awake NEET hours could he not stream at 10 pm or 7 am?
Yes, but as he said, he'd probably find reason to not do it.
Also, I highly, HIGHLY recommend watching Spoony's review of Captain America (1979)

So much of it aged well. A suicide joke about 2 minutes in, with spoony saying that's the coward's way out. Criticism that the protagonist is boring and even putting in the sound of a crying baby as Steve Rogers complains. You could easily make a montage of spoony's whiny tweets and put the same cry over them. That's not to say that the criticism isn't valid. It's just amusing to see how much those points can be applied to spoony himself.

Grand Wizard Wakka

kiwifarms.net
He is still alive but not living, he is some sort of ghoul stuck in the confines of Twitter purgatory.

What does he do all day? Can he even name the day of the week he is in? He can't even low effort stream once a month. The only time something changes is when life forces a change on him, like being kicked out of his house. You would think sheer boredom of doing the same thing every day for years would have snapped him out of it by now.
I think he has legit crippling depression. Like the medical condition where the chemicals in his brain are so fucked up that he can't function. Depression is kind of a meme cause so many people falsely claim it when they're a little sad or a little lazy or just wanna be a victim and get attention, but real brain chemical depression exists. Not absolving him of responsibility for his choices/actions or saying he didn't dig the hole he's in, but he's clearly actually mentally ill and not able to get himself out of it after years of going ever deeper into it. He doesn't even seem to do the most minor things to save himself. He needs a doctor and medication.

Duncan Hills Coffee

Oww, my byaaack
kiwifarms.net
Also, I highly, HIGHLY recommend watching Spoony's review of Captain America (1979)

So much of it aged well. A suicide joke about 2 minutes in, with spoony saying that's the coward's way out. Criticism that the protagonist is boring and even putting in the sound of a crying baby as Steve Rogers complains. You could easily make a montage of spoony's whiny tweets and put the same cry over them. That's not to say that the criticism isn't valid. It's just amusing to see how much those points can be applied to spoony himself.
It's shocking how many of Spoony's videos have been recontextualized in recent years. My personal favorite is from Ultima IV where he talks about the hobos you throw money at.

Or that one joke from Tekken: Blood Vengeance where Miles tells him flat out to get a job (to say nothing of the constant mocking of the emo character despite Noah's own statements exceeding his in cringiness).

100% VIRGIN M00TY

kiwifarms.net
That beggar section perfectly works with Darksydephil as well, I feel like making a poor mans edit now.

I think he has legit crippling depression. Like the medical condition where the chemicals in his brain are so fucked up that he can't function. Depression is kind of a meme cause so many people falsely claim it when they're a little sad or a little lazy or just wanna be a victim and get attention, but real brain chemical depression exists. Not absolving him of responsibility for his choices/actions or saying he didn't dig the hole he's in, but he's clearly actually mentally ill and not able to get himself out of it after years of going ever deeper into it. He doesn't even seem to do the most minor things to save himself. He needs a doctor and medication.
It is surprising how pointless any type of action feels when your brain is dead and you are getting no chemical reaction from it, so usually only the most necessary actions are performed like eating and drink and brushing teeth. And also the amount of fatigue that depression brings.

kuniqsX

Fuckyour/Fuckyours/Fuckyourself
kiwifarms.net

In the context of the review, "coward's way out" was true. In Loony's current state, suicide would be a courageous move. Depends on context, but killing yourself is not as easy as you might think especially if you don't have a cyanide pill or other "hands off" method. Imagine pushing a knife (or glass) in your neck, not easy when your body surges suddenly with adrenaline trying its best to change your mind.

Spoony definitely has chemical depression, but so do lots of people. Spoony's problem is that he doesn't want to get better. He likes being depressed, and while that is the case he won't seek or accept any help, which his narcissism prevents anyway.
I guess his heart problems leave him with a constitution of a 80yo. How do you differentiate between "too tired to do things he'd like to do" and "messed up brain chemistry" among old people? And what do you suggest he should do to "get better"?

Spunt

A Leading Source of Experimental Internet Gas
kiwifarms.net
And what do you suggest he should do to "get better"?
See a fucking doctor. Get meds prescribed. See a therapist. Accept the offers of help he is given every day. Even if he has to pay out of pocket to see a psych, his paypigs would gladly foot the bill. The reason he won't do these things isn't depression, it's ego.

JohnMc

Mr. Karate
kiwifarms.net
Spoony definitely has chemical depression, but so do lots of people. Spoony's problem is that he doesn't want to get better. He likes being depressed, and while that is the case he won't seek or accept any help, which his narcissism prevents anyway.
He's definitely one of those people that loves using their issues as a crutch. Why get better when you have paypigs throwing you money every month despite not putting out any content [or making any attempt to put out content] in years.

Arthur Morgan

kiwifarms.net
It's not that he doesn't want to get better, it's that he wants it to magically be cured without any real effort on his part. Anything that requires time, patience and effort without immediate results is automatically dismissed as "not working".