TGWTG The Spoony One / Spoony / Noah Antwiler - Washed-up Video game / movie critic. Patreon scammer. Pussy-whipped SJW. A more insufferable DSP. Twitter addict. Has pissed everything away.

RisingPheonix

I came here to squark at you
kiwifarms.net
I think he has legit crippling depression. Like the medical condition where the chemicals in his brain are so fucked up that he can't function. Depression is kind of a meme cause so many people falsely claim it when they're a little sad or a little lazy or just wanna be a victim and get attention, but real brain chemical depression exists. Not absolving him of responsibility for his choices/actions or saying he didn't dig the hole he's in, but he's clearly actually mentally ill and not able to get himself out of it after years of going ever deeper into it. He doesn't even seem to do the most minor things to save himself. He needs a doctor and medication.
You can lead the horse to water, but you can't make them drink.

Spoony as I recall was diagnosed as having Bipolar II - which is a bit like normal Bipolar, but the high-part of the cycle never hits the crazy Manic level like in normal Bipolar. I remember him joking about it at the time when he was still vaguely capable of a joke between sad/wrestling tweets. I do recall him seeing doctors a bunch post CA-fallout and Scarlet. So it's not like he hasn't ever seen a professional. He has also spoken about trying therapy - but his twitter thread about it suggested he never had any intention to actually try it - so it was a waste of everyone's time.

But then - there's only so much a doctor can actually do for Depression. They can get you time off and give out anti-depressants, but a good doc will be cautious with resorting to those unless you convince them nothing else is working. They'll normally recommend CBT or other self-therapies that teach methods to identify when a depression/anxiety episode is incoming and how to try and counter or overcome it. The biggest step to curing depression is being able to say your tired of the numb nothingness or hopelessness you feel and asking for help. Which is difficult, but many people still manage it even when they hit massive lows.

But that can only happen when your willing to say "I deserve better" and are willing to look at what tends to set those episodes off. April likely stuck around because yeah, people who struggle with depression before getting help tend to need a bit of time and understanding. But it hit a point where she realised he didn't even want help to get better and just wanted to wallow in that misery.

Even if his folks or Miles showed up and forced him to the docs, it's all a waste till he says he wants to be better.

Yea.

Mental illness is a difficult thing to treat, and psychology is very far from being a hard science the way that physical medicine is. If you break your leg, doctors and nurses can physically tie your ass down to a table and do what needs to be done to fix it. If you have the sadbrains, there's only so much they can really do. They can't just go in and flip a switch and fix it. They can only be guides. Participation and a good-faith desire to get better are absolute requirements in recovery. Spoony doesn't want to participate and doesn't actually want to get better because he finds a perverse comfort in sadness.

Michael Wade

I love my insane psychotic psychic wife.
kiwifarms.net
Spoony has finally invented a new excuse to not stream: Nobody will watch me.

View attachment 1477336
This is not going to end well. As shitty as the streams are, they are the very last thread he has.
This blog, updated very early in his career. He originally wanted Counter Monkey to be a book but abandoned it when he ran out of material and revived it as a vlog series a couple of years later. I've read through it a couple of times. It's legitimately interesting stuff and lends perspective to Spoony's past and personality.

I forgot about the other Counter Monkey site. He also created a separate site for Wrestle Wrestle around the same time which was likewise abandoned, and uploaded Counter Monkey to Youtube on its own channel where it remains today. This was all when he was trying to placate fans who didn't like his vlog content by separating it from TSE.
I finally worked up the will to look at the link you put, and that's not it actually. I think it was something like photobucket? It had written reviews of x files episodes if that rings any bells.

Edit: Ah here it is. https://spoonyone.livejournal.com/

Last edited:

A Big Bumbling Black Man

never forget your vest in the gangster kitchen
kiwifarms.net
It's remarkable how Noah sees nothing awkward or tonally inconsistent about constantly flip-flopping between acting like an irredeemable piece of shit unworthy of oxygen, and then in the very next tweet acting like he's far wiser, kinder and smarter than the billionaire President and his millions of supporters.
It just shows that his pitiful self-deprecation is still deeply rooted in a sense of fedora-tipping smug superiority, and he doesn't actually feel the need to improve himself or fix any of his crippling inadequacies.

kuniqsX

Fuckyour/Fuckyours/Fuckyourself
kiwifarms.net
Nah, that's no self-deprecation.

Noah grew up in the 90s, when "dark, mysterious, troubled, brooding asshole" was a meme in movies, games and D&D.
Then you have the oddity of 1st world cultures which pity and value weakness instead of rooting it out. Striking a retard for humping your leg will smite you back sevenfold like striking Kain, how dare you abuse the poor little thing, he can't help it! Mental health issues is an easy way to be interesting without actually having anything interesting to show.

I bet Noah thinks he's soo cool and misunderstood and knows exactly what he's doing. Drank the sociopathic woke Koolaid and all.

Jimjamflimflam

kiwifarms.net
I wonder if people like Noah realize how much of a luxury it is to engage in this level of self pity?

Everyone can agree that the day or two is normal, longer for truly devastating events to help process but months into years? That's just ultimate first world privilege at that point.

Gonna feel like a real idiot when he realizes how much he lost in his pity party that will probably just result in another one.

interalia

kiwifarms.net
I wonder if people like Noah realize how much of a luxury it is to engage in this level of self pity?

Everyone can agree that the day or two is normal, longer for truly devastating events to help process but months into years? That's just ultimate first world privilege at that point.

Gonna feel like a real idiot when he realizes how much he lost in his pity party that will probably just result in another one.
This is the thing that gets me. I don't really believe Noah would kill himself, and if he doesn't after he loses his house he likely never will. But I could easily see him finally start to get his shit together, maybe in his late 40s, and really come to terms with how much time he wasted. Now that's depressing.

Rabidcolombian

Americas Asshole
kiwifarms.net
It just shows that his pitiful self-deprecation is still deeply rooted in a sense of fedora-tipping smug superiority, and he doesn't actually feel the need to improve himself or fix any of his crippling inadequacies.
It's definitely that superiority complex.

With that tweet, it's like he's saying, "Haha, look at how big of a pathetic loser I am but when I say Trump is unlikeable, 116 people will still agree with me!"

You can find 116 people who would think eating human shit with a side of bacon is a healthy breakfast regiment. It's nothing to sniff your own farts over.

It's funny how it's always the most narassastic people who turn around and claim Trump is the ONE TRUE SURPREME narassatist. Trump may have an ego, but at least he doesn't role play as his own dog on Twitter, Noah.

A Big Bumbling Black Man

never forget your vest in the gangster kitchen
kiwifarms.net
Speaking of Spoony and dogs, he broke his Twitter silence with another "Look, a doggy!" tweet.
At this point you can categorize his tweets.

spoonystwitter.png

This isn't a scientifically accurate chart, just based on what I've observed.
also the less said about his hashtag a world without spiderman tweets, the better

Last edited:

RJ MacReady

cheating bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Something funny and irrelevant: April's Etsy store has been set to "on hiatus" for almost two months now. This interests me because I'm given to think Spoony was trying to contact her through it so she shut it down. After he broke up with Scarlett I vaguely remember her claiming he tried to contact her at work, so it wouldn't be new behaviour. He's also alluded to trying to contact April and getting cut off, which suggests he was (or more likely still is) harassing her.

2020-08-02 18_05_10-Novus Antiquae New Antiquities and Wondrous by NovusAntiquae.png

Bogs

He didn't play Bond as a Welshman
kiwifarms.net
Something funny and irrelevant: April's Etsy store has been set to "on hiatus" for almost two months now. This interests me because I'm given to think Spoony was trying to contact her through it so she shut it down. After he broke up with Scarlett I vaguely remember her claiming he tried to contact her at work, so it wouldn't be new behaviour. He's also alluded to trying to contact April and getting cut off, which suggests he was (or more likely still is) harassing her.

View attachment 1491287
Very unlikely, but would either Scarlett or April be willing to talk about Noah? It would provide some great insight into his downfall, and maybe a needed platform for both of them to talk about Spoony to people who don't think he's a genius comedian turned martyr.