Disaster "The Squad" Megathread - Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ilhan Omar, Rashida Talib Derangement Syndrome

Should we abolish ICE and exempt Latinos from immigration laws?

• Yes

Votes: 33 3.4%
  • No

Votes: 112 11.6%
  • No Human Is Illegal

Votes: 40 4.1%
  • Hahahahahahahaha :story:

Votes: 171 17.7%
  • Someone needs to tard-wrangle AOC, Tlaib, and Omar

Votes: 390 40.3%
  • Breh

Votes: 39 4.0%
  • Brah

Votes: 34 3.5%
  • Bruh

Votes: 148 15.3%

• Total voters

Start a war betamex

You can not silence this dogs bark
kiwifarms.net
I wonder if her speaking appearances will be more of that "fake black accent" style or more along the lines of her typical "um, like, if you...if you, um, like...we can, like...whatever" thing
Whatever it is, I just hope it involves shorter skirts and blouses buttons left progressively more undone......

Harvey Danger

getting tired of this whole internet thing
kiwifarms.net
I was taught to do that to make people like me. But one on one. Not somewhere recorded. And subtly.

There's a difference between catching a phrase someone likes to use that you might reflect it and doing an SNL tier mockery of how you assume they sound.
There's actually a term for it, phonetic accommodation or convergence. There's a bit of research behind it, but that page has a decent summary:

We converge with interlocutors that we like or that we want to like us... We diverge from those that we don't like, although this may be rarer - In general, speakers adopt pronunciations that they think are socially desirable in a situation

...It rather appears that converging with an interlocutor is a social skill connected to empathy. You speak more like your interlocutor or a group you interact with so that you will be accepted as one of the team. This will make social interaction and achieving your aims easier than if you did not accomodate.
I noticed myself doing it when I worked on teams of people from other countries. We all spoke English, but had different slang, turns of phrase, and mannerisms. And over time you adopt what the majority of others around you do.

But like you said, there's a huge difference between picking up a friend's slang phrase, and putting on an accent when talking to people who aren't your friends, aren't your immediate peers, aren't influencing you through daily interactions... but you think it will "make social interaction and achieving your aims easier".

There's actually a term for it, phonetic accommodation or convergence. There's a bit of research behind it, but that page has a decent summary:

I noticed myself doing it when I worked on teams of people from other countries. We all spoke English, but had different slang, turns of phrase, and mannerisms. And over time you adopt what the majority of others around you do.

But like you said, there's a huge difference between picking up a friend's slang phrase, and putting on an accent when talking to people who aren't your friends, aren't your immediate peers, aren't influencing you through daily interactions... but you think it will "make social interaction and achieving your aims easier".
I've noticed this big time when interacting with dutch people. I don't know why, it seems like the subtly different syntax they use rubs off on me. It's hard to even give an example, maybe someone who interacts with the dutch often has also experienced this? Actually that last sentence sounded a bit dutch....

Ped Xing

!Bigfoot! sightings please call 908-314-7784
kiwifarms.net
There is a difference. I was taught to do it deliberately to manipulate people.

It is actually highly effective if they don't notice you're doing it. Anything obvious just comes off as mockery or worse condescension.

There is a difference. I was taught to do it deliberately to manipulate people.

It is actually highly effective if they don't notice you're doing it. Anything obvious just comes off as mockery or worse condescension.
Yeah. It's a common sales technique, along with posture mirroring and... my most hated peeve... the fucking nod and talk. If you nod while asking a question you're more likely to get a yes. Unless you ask me, then you'll get an annoyed look...

Sīn the Moon Daddy

🌛
kiwifarms.net
on KF, any cow who is a 5+ by burger standards gets thirst posts since we're mostly used to seeing horrifying nudes/gore/animal rape shit from 1s and 2s. La Zorra shrivels my dick right up.
We're going to see how long that keeps up. The paparazzi will be after her for a few years after she leaves office and she's not going to have a lot of the income that she has right now.

This should be obvious, but an uncoached and unmade over Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez looks significantly different.

We're going to see how long that keeps up. The paparazzi will be after her for a few years after she leaves office and she's not going to have a lot of the income that she has right now.

This should be obvious, but an uncoached and unmade over Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez looks significantly different.
View attachment 819512
Uh... maybe my eyes are wrong but I think AOC looks more like a normal human in that picture than the horse mutant she appears to have transformed into in her recent pictures.

TerribleIdeas™

Master of Cunt-Puppets
kiwifarms.net
I mean, that's fucked up everywhere then. Enforcing immigration law is great and all, but have some fucking humanity.

It may be necessary, but I just absolutely wouldn't have the heart to tell some starving 8-year-old to fuck off and die because he was unlucky enough to be born in a place where trying to cross into a better country was genuinely the best option.

There's no winners in this situation, that's for sure.
@DanteAlighieri summed up my response 100% accurately. We have no obligation to receive refugees, especially not in light of people flying from motherfucking Africa to South America, then traveling north overland, in order to claim asylum in the US, with ISIS fodder being caught trying to infiltrate the same way.

At best, this makes an argument for some kin of foreign aid, except that every time that's attempted, the aid is stolen before it arrives, or by local warlords. There's no point in putting US troops in situ to disperse the aid, because that'll be decried as "US colonialism", and the warlords will just waited until the troops are gone to steal the aid, anyways. The really frustrating part is being told direct assistance is "colonialism", but telling these countries to fix their shit themselves is "heartless", and I definitely have no interest in no-win situations.

Giga_Nigga_28

Could black magic be called Negromancy?
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 819512
I honestly think she looks fine, she also looks pretty okay in that video of her dancing. Guess makeup just makes her look worse and more...horsey?

Sīn the Moon Daddy

🌛
kiwifarms.net
I honestly think she looks fine, she also looks pretty okay in that video of her dancing. Guess makeup just makes her look worse and more...horsey?
I wonder if she's going to start cutting after she loses her seat? I'm optimistic that this worthless slut will turn to self injury in a futile attempt to feel in control of her life.

What do you think?

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino