Disaster "The Squad" Megathread - Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ilhan Omar, Rashida Talib Derangement Syndrome

Should we abolish ICE and exempt Latinos from immigration laws?

• Yes

Votes: 32 3.5%
  • No

Votes: 102 11.2%
  • No Human Is Illegal

Votes: 37 4.1%
  • Hahahahahahahaha :story:

Votes: 160 17.5%
  • Someone needs to tard-wrangle AOC, Tlaib, and Omar

Votes: 376 41.2%
  • Breh

Votes: 37 4.1%
  • Brah

Votes: 33 3.6%
  • Bruh

Votes: 136 14.9%

• Total voters

Smaug's Smokey Hole

Gammalt bröd rostar aldrig.
kiwifarms.net
There needs to be a distinction between “conservative” and “anti-identitarian”. I lived in NYC for a while, and even there in the college-age demographic there’s a not insignificant percentage of people who are the furthest thing from “conservative”, but are sick and tired of liberal identity politics. And yes, this includes women and minorities.

When people say that Gen Z is “conservative” I’m really inclined to disagree and rather say that they’re anti-identitarian. I’m sure if you took a group of high schoolers and had them (honestly) take the political compass test they’d mostly score center-left. It’s just that our politics have gotten so fucking skewed that anything not radical-left is now considered “conservative”.
There's not many places to go in a two party political system and even with six parties that breaks down into two camps. That and the shrill attitude of "if you're not 100% with us, always, you're one of them" isn't helping things. In these times of pushing the non-binary things sure seems to be more binary than ever, accepting a persons non-binary political views/"identity" seems like something we might not see anytime soon.

Jigglyjogglers

The Doctor Bashir guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
When people say that Gen Z is “conservative” I’m really inclined to disagree and rather say that they’re anti-identitarian. I’m sure if you took a group of high schoolers and had them (honestly) take the political compass test they’d mostly score center-left. It’s just that our politics have gotten so fucking skewed that anything not radical-left is now considered “conservative”.
That's not a new thing, really, though it has gotten a lot worse. But even back during the Obama era I saw political blogs by guys that identified as conservative but were trending pretty damn left of center... they hated everything about Bush (his perceived right-leaning traits not his leftist ones), they were pretty big Obama fans, one guy's preferred 2016 candidate was even Bernie Sanders. They were pro-choice and pretty #woke on a good handful of issues... but they were 2A supporters and at least nominally disagreed with higher taxes. That was enough to have them cast out of the leftist fold and make them think they must be conservatives because every other Communist manifesto-shitting moonbat they knew told them they were.

Sīn the Moon Daddy

🌙 Time and Tide
kiwifarms.net
That's not a new thing, really, though it has gotten a lot worse. But even back during the Obama era I saw political blogs by guys that identified as conservative but were trending pretty damn left of center... they hated everything about Bush (his perceived right-leaning traits not his leftist ones), they were pretty big Obama fans, one guy's preferred 2016 candidate was even Bernie Sanders. They were pro-choice and pretty #woke on a good handful of issues... but they were 2A supporters and at least nominally disagreed with higher taxes. That was enough to have them cast out of the leftist fold and make them think they must be conservatives because every other Communist manifesto-shitting moonbat they knew told them they were.
That's why it's so satisfying watching them immediately faceplant. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez had barely gotten her seat warm before the investigations started. Some of the lies she told were so blatant and stupid that even her own supporters doubt her- she claims to have only gotten involved in politics in 2017, but there's film footage of her working on the Bernie campaign. There are newspaper stories about her at Standing Rock.

I legitimately think she's mentally unwell. I can understand wanting to edit out Gillibrand, but how in the fuck did she expect people to forget about working on a presidential campaign?

NeoGAF Lurker

An Niggo
kiwifarms.net
That's why it's so satisfying watching them immediately faceplant. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez had barely gotten her seat warm before the investigations started. Some of the lies she told were so blatant and stupid that even her own supporters doubt her- she claims to have only gotten involved in politics in 2017, but there's film footage of her working on the Bernie campaign. There are newspaper stories about her at Standing Rock.

I legitimately think she's mentally unwell. I can understand wanting to edit out Gillibrand, but how in the fuck did she expect people to forget about working on a presidential campaign?
I have my doubts that she’s mentally unwell. She’s the typical millennial woman who has had so much smoke blown up her ass that she believes her own bullshit. A fawning, uncritical media is there to happily assist her in LARPing as a philosopher kween.

Sīn the Moon Daddy

🌙 Time and Tide
kiwifarms.net
I have my doubts that she’s mentally unwell. She’s the typical millennial woman who has had so much smoke blown up her ass that she believes her own bullshit. A fawning, uncritical media is there to happily assist her in LARPing as a philosopher kween.
I suppose we're going to see how well the media plays along. I'm betting that she's going to be dropped like a live hand grenade and I've been batting 1000 so far.

Hatoful Dandy

Minstrel of Sorrow
kiwifarms.net

Iwasamwillbe

The Magnificent
kiwifarms.net

Omar calls for UN to handle migration crisis at the southern border

Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., told a Minneapolis audience this week that the United Nations should be brought in to oversee the migration crisis at the southern border.
“We should do what any other country does, by dealing with this situation in a serious way," she told the audience on Tuesday. "So we have to bring in the United Nations High Commissioner on Refugees – an agency that has the expertise and the training to handle massive flows of refugees humanely."

ON THE BORDER, OFFICIALS SEE DIVIDENDS FROM TRUMP'S DEAL WITH MEXICO
Earlier, she declared that the U.S. is “losing our moral high ground” on the question of immigration and asylum. The Minneapolis Star Tribune reported that she made the remarks at a town hall on immigration in south Minneapolis.
“We are treating people like criminals when they have not committed a crime,” she said.
"It doesn’t make any sense for us to be committing these kinds of human rights violations, to have these policies in the way we interact with migrants and asylum seekers if we want to continue to be the kind of country that condemns countries in Africa, in Asia or Latin American countries for its treatment of refugees and asylum seekers,” she said.
Omar is one of the four freshman congresswomen, known as “The Squad,” who have played a prominent role in pushing the Democratic Party increasingly to the left on the question of illegal immigration and asylum. Many of the party’s 2020 hopefuls now embrace policies such as health care for illegal immigrants, the decriminalizing of illegal border crossings and abolishing or overhauling Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).
In response to the migration crisis, which has seen hundreds of thousands of migrantsflooding to the border in recent months, the Trump administration has set out to tighten immigration law and increase enforcement at the border -- including closing loopholes in the law, and building new barriers at the border in places such as Arizona and Texas.
It has also been securing agreements with countries south of the border, including Mexico and Guatemala -- something that officials at the border recently told Fox News is having an effect in dissuading migrants from making the trip north.
https://archive.li/KyK9B/e43f7c9a10add4afb70c63b7da46d3a1acd81b52.jpgVideo
Omar, who came to the U.S. as a refugee from Somalia, has advocated for a number of those extreme proposals. In May, she criticized Trump’s immigration plan and laid out a list of counter-proposals that would curb enforcement and grant amnesty to illegal immigrants already in the country.
"We need to abolish ICE and end all inhumane deportation and detention programs. We need to fight back against the criminalization of immigrants and those crossing the border,” she said. “We need to create a fair and accessible path to legal status and citizenship for all undocumented people in the United States.”

TerribleIdeas™

Master of Cunt-Puppets
kiwifarms.net

Omar calls for UN to handle migration crisis at the southern border

Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., told a Minneapolis audience this week that the United Nations should be brought in to oversee the migration crisis at the southern border.
“We should do what any other country does, by dealing with this situation in a serious way," she told the audience on Tuesday. "So we have to bring in the United Nations High Commissioner on Refugees – an agency that has the expertise and the training to handle massive flows of refugees humanely."

ON THE BORDER, OFFICIALS SEE DIVIDENDS FROM TRUMP'S DEAL WITH MEXICO
Earlier, she declared that the U.S. is “losing our moral high ground” on the question of immigration and asylum. The Minneapolis Star Tribune reported that she made the remarks at a town hall on immigration in south Minneapolis.
“We are treating people like criminals when they have not committed a crime,” she said.
"It doesn’t make any sense for us to be committing these kinds of human rights violations, to have these policies in the way we interact with migrants and asylum seekers if we want to continue to be the kind of country that condemns countries in Africa, in Asia or Latin American countries for its treatment of refugees and asylum seekers,” she said.
Omar is one of the four freshman congresswomen, known as “The Squad,” who have played a prominent role in pushing the Democratic Party increasingly to the left on the question of illegal immigration and asylum. Many of the party’s 2020 hopefuls now embrace policies such as health care for illegal immigrants, the decriminalizing of illegal border crossings and abolishing or overhauling Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).
In response to the migration crisis, which has seen hundreds of thousands of migrantsflooding to the border in recent months, the Trump administration has set out to tighten immigration law and increase enforcement at the border -- including closing loopholes in the law, and building new barriers at the border in places such as Arizona and Texas.
It has also been securing agreements with countries south of the border, including Mexico and Guatemala -- something that officials at the border recently told Fox News is having an effect in dissuading migrants from making the trip north.
60 miles of new wall built on Arizona border with hundreds more expected by end of 2020Video
Omar, who came to the U.S. as a refugee from Somalia, has advocated for a number of those extreme proposals. In May, she criticized Trump’s immigration plan and laid out a list of counter-proposals that would curb enforcement and grant amnesty to illegal immigrants already in the country.
"We need to abolish ICE and end all inhumane deportation and detention programs. We need to fight back against the criminalization of immigrants and those crossing the border,” she said. “We need to create a fair and accessible path to legal status and citizenship for all undocumented people in the United States.”
Omar goes on an on about "The illegal occupation and destruction of homes in Palestine!", but by her own preferred legal and religious code, she's illegally occupying and destroying a home. I can't wait to see how welcome she is in Somalia, since they're viciously Islamic there, and what she's done is not just haram for the adultery, but also incredibly poorly received unless the dude converts and they produce Muslim offspring.

HeyYou

seriousposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Claiming asylum after you've already been caught crossing the border illegally doesn't make it not illegal. Also, what high ground? Does she think that European countries don't kick unauthorized migrants to the curb/hold them in detention facilities?

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino