The Super Best Friends Super Best Thread - Matt's a cuck, Liam is a bitch, Pat's nuts and Woolie is a piss poor marketer

Francis York Morgan

FBI Special Agent
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
And we shouldn't forget that if you compare them to people like Oney and the guys from sleepycast, how far they have fallen.
Oney and his friends are all incredibly talented and interesting people. Thats why have such great conversations, because they have actual lives and interests beyond consooming vidya, shonen-shit and capeshit.
That highlighted point right there is what I think dooms all these full-time YouTube/Twitch content producers. A lot of them didn't really have shit going for them before getting into videos and streaming so they abandon having lives off the Internet the moment they get a taste of the success that eluded them before. It's why so many end up like Pat, DSP, Arin, and so on. If there's one lesson any aspiring streamer, YouTuber, or whatever comes in the future should learn it's that you can't just give up on having a normal life in favor of your hobbies.

Anchors-Away

kiwifarms.net
Frankly, I don't see Woolie making it financially; his channel has been dead or dying for over a year.
Pat's turning into a lolcow at break-neck speed, with his every dwindling, ever fervent cult enabling an irritating loser into eventually returning to the nothing from which he came.
From what I've read, CSB is pretty much hanging by a thread with Pat's unprofessionalism reaching its peak.
I disagree, somewhat. But that's because working with unprofessional hacks is my lifeblood unfortunately.

Woolie may flounder with most video-games and sure his tech skills are that of a proud boomer, but you undersold his main skills. His voice and his organisation skills. Now many of you are likely looking at this somewhat confused, others likely laughing. But it's the truth. Woolie has taken advantage of his position as the "entry level" fighting game guy and begun to do commentary for a variety of sets. This itself isn't a profitable gig by no means, but it's what it leads to. If CSB was to end tomorrow, I guarantee he'd end up as a community manager for some fighting game. Hell, he'd be the perfect compliment to the tranny on the Kombat Kast over at Warner. As for his organisation skills? Perfect for ensuring tweets and other media go live. Plus most CM roles are work from home now, ensures he can do the streaming on the side.

Alternatively he'd end up becoming one of the token staff members for some Canadian based radio or media publication.

Pat on the other hand, he's... Inept. He flat out admits he does not watch or engage with other streamers/producers, which is something you must NEVER admit to when your entire platform is build around content consumption. And with the ever-evolving landscape of content, those that are currently friends of his (German Spy, Clemps, Eyepatch Wolf etc.) may not be relevant come next week, let alone next year. He won't be like DSP or Spoony... No, he'll have a sadder fate. He'll become like Hutch or OnlyAfro. Bygone names of eras past.

BUT ON THE SUBJECT OF CASTLE SUPER BEAST

I am curious what the terms are with Rooster Teeth, especially since Screenwave Media was grooming them prior to departing Machinima.

HomerSimpson

kiwifarms.net
I used to go to the subreddit almost everyday 2 years ago, the only sub that I would frequent.

now I can't stand it so I stopped
The mods were cunts. I posted shit, then one would shadow delete it, and repost the content themselves. When I pointed out that I noticed it, the mod deleted his reposts and called me a liar and the other mods defended it. Not that it matters, but what a pathetic thing to do when someone is just trying to share something they found on the net.
Much like the poster above me, I too have been a long time lurker on the farm, and I feel the need to talk about the scrublords some more.

This thread amazes me. I cannot believe there are still actual people listening to the podcast, much less watching their "content". Content is the right word, because neither of the two have produced anything resembling anything worth watching ever since the Best Friends broke up, and probably a long time before that, too.
I got into SBFP back with their Kirby's Epic Yarn video, back when LPs were still a brand new concept. I watched their many fails, and I have listened to every single podcast as background noise during commuting until they became worse than the train noise around me.
After a Liam joined in, and after I found out how old they actually were, I stopped watching them for pure entertainment purposes, but much rather to see how long they would last.
LP-ing is not a profession. It is not something you can retire on when you're old or that grants you any transferable skills whatsoever. That's why I became morbidly curious as to when that grim realization would eventually hit them. Them finally breaking down over the fact that they have, in essence, spent their years as teenagers playing video games and talking about teenager-grade topics all day.
That is the second point: They have no back-up plans. No skills or work experience they could realistically survive on. Matt, Woolie and Liam were game testers: the bottom feeders of the game industry. No way up. Pat was a grocery bagger and he failed even at that.
I think Matt might have dimly realized that, before marrying into money, which is why I suspect he started drinking pretty much constantly. But after his marriage, he just went full-on babyfur-adulting-is-hard soyboy consoomer. So his trajectory is of course down the drain with cirrhosis of the liver from that constant drinking and sugary garbage-food eating. Lest we forget, Matt is going on 40.
Pat is also in his mid-thirties and he too has regressed into a downward spiral. His being that of the failed streamer, soon to be lolcow, like Wings or Boogie. You can just taste his obnoxious attitude towards his viewers in everything he does.
Woolie 'tries his hardest' like a mentally exceptional child. A for effort. But that doesn't cut it if you're over 30 and literal teenagers have more professional gigs going on. How can somebody with so many years of experience be so absolutely terrible at everything he does? Even from a technical standpoint. How can you mess up your recording so much when you should know so much better? Of course, his choice in LP partners is likely due to availability and not talent, but his LPs are unwatchable, anyway.

I gave CSB a try, but had to stop after episode 4, when they had finally run out of steam, and their opinions were so excruciatingly terrible, I actually became mad.
I forgot they not only lived like grown-up teenagers, they also have the education and mental age of teenagers, as well.
All they do apart from playing games is consuming the most mainstream media you could find: capeshit and shonen-They are the prototype consoomers. Hearing them talk about about anything has become so grating and irritating, I cannot take it anymore. And I cannot understand how anybody else could, either.
In all those years, we have all gotten older, but hearing them now is like being brought back to your young and dumb teenage years, only now you are old enough to realize how embarrassing they were. These guys have no sense of self-reflection.

And we shouldn't forget that if you compare them to people like Oney and the guys from sleepycast, how far they have fallen.
Oney and his friends are all incredibly talented and interesting people. Thats why have such great conversations, because they have actual lives and interests beyond consooming vidya, shonen-shit and capeshit.
Oney's videos are edited well and funny, even though most of them are admittedly not very focused on the game in particular, but rather funny conversations. That was something the Best Friends were best at: talking about the vidya.
But aside from that, there is nothing his videos aren't better at than what the Best Friends could ever hope to be.
They are released on a schedule, as mentioned before, are edited and don't run out of steam and become a slog to sit through so you have to wait for a fan-edit to trim all the fat from the actual funny parts.
And, best of all, they're actually professionally made! As though they were someone's real job or something.
All the while these guys are actually busy in their true professional lives pursuing actual careers.

Frankly, I don't see Woolie making it financially; his channel has been dead or dying for over a year.
Pat's turning into a lolcow at break-neck speed, with his every dwindling, ever fervent cult enabling an irritating loser into eventually returning to the nothing from which he came.
From what I've read, CSB is pretty much hanging by a thread with Pat's unprofessionalism reaching its peak.

I am looking forward to updates from you guys on their misadventures. It's been a blast to read these 100+ pages.
I know I am coming off as incredibly malevolent, but I am just here to enjoy laughing at idiots. These idiots, in particular because they have been baffling me for quite a few years now. To me, they are such great attractions in the human zoo of the interbutts.

Sorry for ranting and raving for so long, but I just had to get this off my chest.
Dude, that was so apt. I liked letting their LPs run in the background while working on stuff or just playing games, but around the Omnikron playthrough I noticed they started to drift off in level of entertainment. The real pain was the shitstorm. The first few were great, but, then it started going down hill. The last 2 were trash to me. I personally don't get the burn out thing either. Their method of capture and edit was so simple, they should have just dealt with their problems like adults and kept going.

That said, I did see people talking aboht the reason why they stopped being friends was because matt and his wife or very liberal or SJW or whatever, while pat and his girlfriend just kinda don't care, which is double plus ungood.

Anchors-Away

kiwifarms.net
I'm curious to know about Rooster Teeth too. Since they've announced the partnership, I've heard absolutely fucking nothing on it.
All I know is that they are the official merchandise provider, have some association (maybe hosting rights?) with the podcast and have say over them appearing at RTX (Formerly SGC)

That said, I want to know how far the partnership extends. Do they take a cut from the YouTube channels? Neither put much effort into editing or output, so I doubt they are seeing a notable profit margin compared to say Criken or Tomato Gaming. Both those channels are also RT partners with a vastly better YT and Twitch output. What about Twitch itself? Yogscast and TSM are the only networks that I know who partner streamers, does this extend to Rooster Teeth?

Rooster Teeth have been pulling some rather poor business moves recently. But it made Liam salty so who cares

A.Shitposter

Gossiping Hen
kiwifarms.net
Honestly out of all of them Pat is the only one who doesn't have a fall-back plan and I can't think of anything.

The other three of them were testers but you can work your way up from there, Matt worked with an indie dev team to publish a game so that got his foot in the door and leaves him open for new opportunities in the future. Liam is currently in his mid 20's and is going to school, he streams very rarely now usually for a direct so I'd assume he's doing school full-time. Woolie is a popular figure in the fighting game community and has done shoutcasting and since he's basically the one who runs the podcast that would look good on a resume for community manager or other tech-related jobs of that kind.

The mods were cunts. I posted shit, then one would shadow delete it, and repost the content themselves. When I pointed out that I noticed it, the mod deleted his reposts and called me a liar and the other mods defended it. Not that it matters, but what a pathetic thing to do when someone is just trying to share something they found on the net.
They did that to me too all the time, the mods would even shadow delete shit that I drew. I remember posting the video Arlo did about the animal crossing no save data transfer shit and the mods deleted it because "someone already posted it" and when I actively went to find the thread it didn't exist and the mod never responded to me asking for the link. I hate those cucks.

Reactions: ZoSo159

The tired cat

Fluffy angel of death
kiwifarms.net
Much like the poster above me, I too have been a long time lurker on the farm, and I feel the need to talk about the scrublords some more.

This thread amazes me. I cannot believe there are still actual people listening to the podcast, much less watching their "content". Content is the right word, because neither of the two have produced anything resembling anything worth watching ever since the Best Friends broke up, and probably a long time before that, too.
I got into SBFP back with their Kirby's Epic Yarn video, back when LPs were still a brand new concept. I watched their many fails, and I have listened to every single podcast as background noise during commuting until they became worse than the train noise around me.
After a Liam joined in, and after I found out how old they actually were, I stopped watching them for pure entertainment purposes, but much rather to see how long they would last.
LP-ing is not a profession. It is not something you can retire on when you're old or that grants you any transferable skills whatsoever. That's why I became morbidly curious as to when that grim realization would eventually hit them. Them finally breaking down over the fact that they have, in essence, spent their years as teenagers playing video games and talking about teenager-grade topics all day.
That is the second point: They have no back-up plans. No skills or work experience they could realistically survive on. Matt, Woolie and Liam were game testers: the bottom feeders of the game industry. No way up. Pat was a grocery bagger and he failed even at that.
I think Matt might have dimly realized that, before marrying into money, which is why I suspect he started drinking pretty much constantly. But after his marriage, he just went full-on babyfur-adulting-is-hard soyboy consoomer. So his trajectory is of course down the drain with cirrhosis of the liver from that constant drinking and sugary garbage-food eating. Lest we forget, Matt is going on 40.
Pat is also in his mid-thirties and he too has regressed into a downward spiral. His being that of the failed streamer, soon to be lolcow, like Wings or Boogie. You can just taste his obnoxious attitude towards his viewers in everything he does.
Woolie 'tries his hardest' like a mentally exceptional child. A for effort. But that doesn't cut it if you're over 30 and literal teenagers have more professional gigs going on. How can somebody with so many years of experience be so absolutely terrible at everything he does? Even from a technical standpoint. How can you mess up your recording so much when you should know so much better? Of course, his choice in LP partners is likely due to availability and not talent, but his LPs are unwatchable, anyway.

I gave CSB a try, but had to stop after episode 4, when they had finally run out of steam, and their opinions were so excruciatingly terrible, I actually became mad.
I forgot they not only lived like grown-up teenagers, they also have the education and mental age of teenagers, as well.
All they do apart from playing games is consuming the most mainstream media you could find: capeshit and shonen-They are the prototype consoomers. Hearing them talk about about anything has become so grating and irritating, I cannot take it anymore. And I cannot understand how anybody else could, either.
In all those years, we have all gotten older, but hearing them now is like being brought back to your young and dumb teenage years, only now you are old enough to realize how embarrassing they were. These guys have no sense of self-reflection.

Oney's videos are edited well and funny, even though most of them are admittedly not very focused on the game in particular, but rather funny conversations. That was something the Best Friends were best at: talking about the vidya.
But aside from that, there is nothing his videos aren't better at than what the Best Friends could ever hope to be.
They are released on a schedule, as mentioned before, are edited and don't run out of steam and become a slog to sit through so you have to wait for a fan-edit to trim all the fat from the actual funny parts.
And, best of all, they're actually professionally made! As though they were someone's real job or something.
All the while these guys are actually busy in their true professional lives pursuing actual careers.

I am looking forward to updates from you guys on their misadventures. It's been a blast to read these 100+ pages.
I know I am coming off as incredibly malevolent, but I am just here to enjoy laughing at idiots. These idiots, in particular because they have been baffling me for quite a few years now. To me, they are such great attractions in the human zoo of the interbutts.

Sorry for ranting and raving for so long, but I just had to get this off my chest.
I dunno why, but the part about this whole rant/raving made me laugh is the dicksucking you're giving to Oney and sleepycast. It's like, "Oh, the guys from SBF are all stupid and inept and..and..they all are manbabies and suck! But, now lemme suck off these other autistic youtuber, because they do their shit somewhat better." It's not because you're not wrong on your judgment of how SBF has gone downhill, but just this type of fanboyism for a bunch of twats who only got popular because they palled around with GG for while, is nothing short of very laughable to me.

ZoSo159

kiwifarms.net
Honestly concur with much of your sentiments 1_and_done. Always wondered for some of these "influencers" as it were what they will do once their internet clout runs out and the patron money ceases coming in. A bit unrelated but in a Discord I was in someone was pleading for us to order commissions from an artist she liked since that artist's main source of income is commissions and selling prints at conventions. Seems these sort of internet famous careers are bound for inevitable decline overtime and usually when they peter out it's due to some extremely embarrassing drama that is borad casted and immortalized online.

Noticed as of late like you did as well where people who do this merely as a hobby but who have actual tangible careers seem to be able to keep their momentum going and stay positive. For people like Pat while I don't expect any prospective businesses would view all of his internet content I'm sure they will hear some stuff like getting fired working at a grocery store and slacking off plus his brash and immature behavior on streams and social media. Plus the fact a lot of these people who do lp's, art commissions, podcasts as a sole source of income tend to have loads of "mental issues" so that will hurt any future business prospects as well.

Been worried myself about Woolie. I want to like his content but Mhin and Reggie just don't cut it for me. The only lp's I've seen of his was the Katamari lp, Parasite Eve 3, and Legend of Mystical Ninja but even then for Parasite Eve 3's case it was solely out of morbid curiosity to see just how much worse it could possibly get.

Like you as well was a long time lurker and this thread here has been my main source of SBFP entertainment since the split. Said it before and will say it again, hats off to all you magnificent bastards, and here's hoping Woolie can find a new venture for when this internet famous stuff goes tits up.

Borax Bozo

kiwifarms.net
RE: Woolie's staffing arrangements

I think Mihn/Billy and Reggie are both ex-coworkers of his in game testing. I think Woolie just tried "reach out to a few old friends/coworkers" again and stuck with them, even if they're not really good onscreen personalities.
So now Woolie is in with them, since he can't really fire his friends from being onscreen for the reason "no one likes you or listening to you". Mihn also has the leverage of doing the edits.

brainlent

kiwifarms.net
RE: Woolie's staffing arrangements

I think Mihn/Billy and Reggie are both ex-coworkers of his in game testing. I think Woolie just tried "reach out to a few old friends/coworkers" again and stuck with them, even if they're not really good onscreen personalities.
So now Woolie is in with them, since he can't really fire his friends from being onscreen for the reason "no one likes you or listening to you". Mihn also has the leverage of doing the edits.
Minh is an ex co-worker, I believe Reggie is someone from his locals.

Pat on the other hand, he's... Inept. He flat out admits he does not watch or engage with other streamers/producers, which is something you must NEVER admit to when your entire platform is build around content consumption. And with the ever-evolving landscape of content, those that are currently friends of his (German Spy, Clemps, Eyepatch Wolf etc.) may not be relevant come next week, let alone next year. He won't be like DSP or Spoony... No, he'll have a sadder fate. He'll become like Hutch or OnlyAfro. Bygone names of eras past.
Yeah that's the thing, I won't be one of those people that say doing work with video games or streaming isn't a "real job" but literally all he does nowadays is stream himself playing video games & upload the entire stream to his youtube channel with no editing at all (as far as I know). He seems to have extremely basic knowledge on how some of this stuff works & nothing else, no skills at all that he can apply to anything else. He's extremely complacent & prides himself on how low effort his work is, streaming & youtube CAN make you a lot of money but it really doesn't feel like he has any kind of backup plan or branching out to other things so he can open other opportunities for his job. As far as I can tell his only long term plan is to just play video games on his couch everyday & show up to a podcast once a week.

I guess he feels a bit secure landing the partnership with RoosterTeeth, I don't know what the specifics are so maybe he is financially fine (for the time being at least) but like everyone else has said it feels like Woolie & everyone else has a plan in the off chance that something catastrophic happens with their channels, youtube or hell even RT. But hey maybe we're all wrong & Pat has some kind of Plan B to fall back on, as critical as I am of him last thing I want to see is him going back to bagging groceries.

MooseGump

kiwifarms.net
It's not because you're not wrong on your judgment of how SBF has gone downhill, but just this type of fanboyism for a bunch of twats who only got popular because they palled around with GG for while, is nothing short of very laughable to me.
OneyPlays was already decently big before they were on Game Grumps since Oney has his Newgrounds roots. Plus he had a few Let's Plays out before he moved to the USA and started having guests over, people liked those and the guy himself

If I were to suck a group's dick it would be Oney Plays since they're funnier to me and Oney's game looks pretty fun, unlike all those games GG attached themselves to

To stay on topic I used to like TBFP too but it really irked me when they started playing up this whole "See guys, we suck too" shtick just to justify bad editing or bad videos overall. Worse is when the fanbase gobbles it up and parrots whatever opinion they have, even if it can be said about any fanbase around a YouTuber or group.

Hell I knew one of the moderators for their subreddit and once he became friends with Woolie after playing Overwatch with him I saw this man go down the rabbit hole of thinking he's famous for being friends with some D-tier YouTuber and becoming a holier-than-thou asshole while baiting for attention only to say "Oh I don't like the attention". I played ranked Overwatch with the two of them and if you thought Woolie was hesitant and shitty on games, this group and this game drove me up the wall with how bad Woolie can be and to this day I really wonder why I was with them for the month or two I played with them. Woolie's set up for shooters is sitting on the couch with controller on one hand for movement and mouse on the couch's armrest for aim. He was only being carried by the moderator but still got mad if the group wound up losing every now and then.

The tired cat

Fluffy angel of death
kiwifarms.net
OneyPlays was already decently big before they were on Game Grumps since Oney has his Newgrounds roots. Plus he had a few Let's Plays out before he moved to the USA and started having guests over, people liked those and the guy himself

If I were to suck a group's dick it would be Oney Plays since they're funnier to me and Oney's game looks pretty fun, unlike all those games GG attached themselves to
Oney is about as funny as GG or sometimes worse than them somehow. The mofo attracts the same amount of spergs and re.tards, combined that he and his companions have all the likability of roadkill. But, I s'pose people find 'em funny on the same reason as idiots found Arin hilarious or Matt actually being smart. Monkeys and typewriters or however that saying.

Tags
None