The Super Best Friends Super Best Thread - Matt's a cuck, Liam is a bitch, Pat's nuts and Woolie is a piss poor marketer

brainlent

kiwifarms.net
Everybody's turning against these guys? Awesome.

I never liked any of them. I tried watching one of their LPs, and it was four people who all sounded like the exact same chucklefuck screaming at the top of their lungs. Is it just me, or are all group let's plays obnoxious like that?
I know some of you are probably sad about their current state, I remember this one soyboy on reddit genuinely crying when they broke up (I get being sad, but holy shit), but I'm digging the schaudenfreude right now. I'm gonna go back into the thread and find the breaking point where everyone turned on Pat :popcorn:
I think the tipping point was that Nintendo conference at last E3. Demonstrated a side of him that went beyond funny stupid into "is this guy okay" stupid.

Reactions: ZoSo159

Digger10

kiwifarms.net
The conference was the first time I saw a lot of backlash against Pat on the subreddit after the split happened.

The first time I saw a lot of backlash against Matt was after his twitter arguments over the quality of the Resident Evil 2 remake, only a couple of months after the channel ended. Loser.

A.Shitposter

Gossiping Hen
kiwifarms.net
The very idea of Pat playing Animal Crossing is an highly amusing one.

Alas the real deal wasn't.
I have zero idea why he would even bother when he made it clear that he doesn't care about animal crossing and we all know that he wouldn't give it a fair shot.

Dude literally bought the new pokemon game just to refund it and shill some shitty mmo clone.

DEBIRU MAN

デビルマン
kiwifarms.net
Matt’s got a new podcast.
Haven't listened to it yet, but it looks like it's not Matt's podcast. I think he's just guesting on it and I believe he guested on it last year too, to talk about a particular episode of the Simpons. Might give it a listen, but I know almost nothing about the Street Sharks, other than renting a VHS about them one time in the early 2000s.

KingofNothing

Arise, Sir Leg of Lamb
kiwifarms.net
Haven't listened to it yet, but it looks like it's not Matt's podcast. I think he's just guesting on it and I believe he guested on it last year too, to talk about a particular episode of the Simpons. Might give it a listen, but I know almost nothing about the Street Sharks, other than renting a VHS about them one time in the early 2000s.
Oh it's the guys with Simpsons podcast? I was almost interested in this, but had to drop the Simpsons podcast when it got too political and current year for me. I just wanted random Simpsons facts and dumb jokes dammit.

As for Street Sharks, it was just another in the pile of ripoff Ninja Turtles of the 90's. I watched it all the time when it was on, but it's nothing special.

A.Shitposter

Gossiping Hen
kiwifarms.net
Oh it's the guys with Simpsons podcast? I was almost interested in this, but had to drop the Simpsons podcast when it got too political and current year for me. I just wanted random Simpsons facts and dumb jokes dammit.

As for Street Sharks, it was just another in the pile of ripoff Ninja Turtles of the 90's. I watched it all the time when it was on, but it's nothing special.
Do all podcasts about children's cartoons have to get so overtly political? I stopped listening to the Super Mario Bros. Super Show Show because they would bring up lefty politics and PC bullshit all the time.

The tired cat

Fluffy angel of death
kiwifarms.net
Do all podcasts about children's cartoons have to get so overtly political? I stopped listening to the Super Mario Bros. Super Show Show because they would bring up lefty politics and PC bullshit all the time.
Well, as the old saying goes "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches"

the funny thing about street Sharks, like Biker Mice from Mars both these shows actually had huge popularity in Eastern Europe. I think they were even more popular than TMNT.

1wngdngl

kiwifarms.net
can somebody give me the cliffnotes of the Pat Nintendo E3 3029, fuck 2019 backlash? I didn't watch it, because idc about Nintendo. is it just Pat being sleepy and not giving a fuck about Nintendo and Nintendo fanboys being pissy about it or did Pat actually do smth that he does?

also, shoutouts to Woolie noticing that the podcast was about to pass the 5 hour mark at 4 hours and 55 minutes and closing the episode out, after speeding past the rest of the news and skipping the emails altogether. that was hilarious

Last edited:

brainlent

kiwifarms.net
can somebody give me the cliffnotes of the Pat Nintendo E3 3029, fuck 2019 backlash? I didn't watch it, because idc about Nintendo. is it just Pat being sleepy and not giving a fuck about Nintendo and Nintendo fanboys being pissy about it or did Pat actually do smth that he does?

also, shoutouts to Woolie noticing that the podcast was about to pass the 5 hour mark at 4 hours and 55 minutes and closing the episode out, after speeding past the rest of the news and skipping the emails altogether. that was hilarious
He was tapped out for the entire thing, and even complained about Astral Chain. When Animal Crossing came up he started bleating that Animal Crossing is a game for "babies" and got all excited about the chat's reaction to that and started repeating it while other trailers were on.

The entire stream begged the question of what he thought he was contributing to a viewer's experience of the conference. Even if you don't like a lot of the games during that Direct him getting combative and having a pointless internet fight over it was not value-added. I got through him whinging about Astral Chain and tapped out to watch the vanilla one because I was like, "if Pat can't even muster one spare brain cell for Platinum Games anymore, I'm done."

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

It was the first part mostly. He didn’t care about Banjo and wasn’t really drawn in for the Nintendo stuff.

1_and_done

kiwifarms.net
First off, thank you for all the nice and thoughtful responses. I never expected them to be so positive.

I disagree, somewhat. But that's because working with unprofessional hacks is my lifeblood unfortunately.

Woolie may flounder with most video-games and sure his tech skills are that of a proud boomer, but you undersold his main skills. His voice and his organisation skills. Now many of you are likely looking at this somewhat confused, others likely laughing. But it's the truth. Woolie has taken advantage of his position as the "entry level" fighting game guy and begun to do commentary for a variety of sets. This itself isn't a profitable gig by no means, but it's what it leads to. If CSB was to end tomorrow, I guarantee he'd end up as a community manager for some fighting game. Hell, he'd be the perfect compliment to the tranny on the Kombat Kast over at Warner. As for his organisation skills? Perfect for ensuring tweets and other media go live. Plus most CM roles are work from home now, ensures he can do the streaming on the side.

Alternatively he'd end up becoming one of the token staff members for some Canadian based radio or media publication.

Pat on the other hand, he's... Inept. He flat out admits he does not watch or engage with other streamers/producers, which is something you must NEVER admit to when your entire platform is build around content consumption. And with the ever-evolving landscape of content, those that are currently friends of his (German Spy, Clemps, Eyepatch Wolf etc.) may not be relevant come next week, let alone next year. He won't be like DSP or Spoony... No, he'll have a sadder fate. He'll become like Hutch or OnlyAfro. Bygone names of eras past.

BUT ON THE SUBJECT OF CASTLE SUPER BEAST

I am curious what the terms are with Rooster Teeth, especially since Screenwave Media was grooming them prior to departing Machinima.
I am not so sure about your assessment of Woolie. Being a fighting-game hype-man cannot be paying well, unless you are Maximilian or directly in Capcom's employ such as Mike "Mike Ross" Ross used to be.
Organizing fighting game events probably pays as well as organizing underwater-rugby events. It's a hobby, and no matter how much the 'muh e-sports'-angle gets pushed, it just doesn't improve.
This is a) due to e-sports being a flop from the very beginning, and b) fighting games in particular being a niche attraction.
I cannot see him being a community manager for any game, since he lacks the skills and the passion for any one fighting game. He usually just screws around with what's popular at the moment and then moves on to the next bandwagon to hop on to.
If you haven't noticed, Woolie only ever hops from bandwagon to bandwagon. He is the most surface-level of all the Best Friends.
I don't think he has any back-up plans, seeing how he clings to his dead channel. Once CSB goes, he will probably have to rely on his fiancée's income until something turns up.

Oney is about as funny as GG or sometimes worse than them somehow. The mofo attracts the same amount of spergs and re.tards, combined that he and his companions have all the likability of roadkill. But, I s'pose people find 'em funny on the same reason as idiots found Arin hilarious or Matt actually being smart. Monkeys and typewriters or however that saying.
I was going to reply to you and say that my "cocksucking" of Oney was just meant to contrast the failure of the scrublords, which might have come off stronger than I wanted because I edited my comment down, but after reading your replies, I decided not to. You clearly just hate the sleepycabin.

To migrate back to topic... I think after the collapse of SBF and now CSB I've had a change in mentality about the kind of content I'm willing to watch.
You need to be... sustainable. And not just funny. I don't think I want to commit to watching any content creator long term who doesn't have a full time job.
That guy from Easy Allies quit and his explanation was a pretty good example of why:
View attachment 1189840
Tired of watching 30 year dudes throw their best years away. Content creation should be a stepping stone towards a real job. Not a career. Otherwise the humor wears out fast. ... This is gonna be cringey but if I felt this way before I would've felt to Woolie like Alfred in Rises:

and meanwhile pat was beyond saving as soon as he posted that one mercenary kings video and demonstrated he was completely reliant on Matt to edit their videos good.
To expand upon your point, I think youtube-ing being a possible job was a novelty that is slowly fading away.
I just went through my subscription list and found not one who get their main source of income from youtube.
Even Redlettermedia is mostly financed through Patreon.

I've spent nearly two decades with Half-Life and Woolie trying to describe Vortigaunts without calling them their actual name is such an alien feeling to me

It's baffling that they never experienced HL or HL2 in their respective primes. Hell, Pat didn't even know about Gmod until recently.
Yeah, it's quite fascinating to see all of them being staunch, proud console peasants who have no conept of pc-gaming.
Remember when Woolie needed Pat to literally give him a USB-stick with New Vegas and mods because Woolie was unable to do the installation-malarkey by himself? That's the level of tech-wizardry we have to expect from him.

So, looking at Matt's new "Wha Happun" vid where he talks about Doom 2016. An, there is a part where he goes "Well, multiplayer was never a big thing for Doom. They always had Quake for that" and..motherfucker ya serious? Doom fucking STARTED the whole multiplayer/deathmatch thing, in fact that's what some old FPS fans remember how Doom is the granddaddy of every deathmatch multiplayer game and how people would find ways to play it with others.
This is Matt we are talking about, after all. He probably hadn't even heard of Doom before Eternal came along.
Also, why in the red blazes is Civvie11, of all people, getting involved with Matt?

I have a mental image of them doing a Beatles style reunion on a rooftop when they hit their late 40's. Only no one will be watching from the sidelines.
That comment was so savage, so wonderful, they should put this as a tagline for this thread.

That's probably because the people who consoom nothing but 90s children's cartoons and vidya are all soyboy bugmen who are at least openly parroting leftist viewpoints to garner the attention of feminist e-girls. They're white-knighting. It's what betas do. Look at Matt as a perfect example. His heart isn't in whatever LGBT-horse manure his ogre of a wife is spewing, but he has to keep up appearances. That's why he is so quick to delet his tweets when they don't get him the headpats he so desperately craves.

On the topic of Matt, as you said in a previous post, indeed, it was Matt who had that modicum of business sense to try and reach out to the industry and his competition. However, because Matt is above all else incompetent and lazy, all these handshakes have literally only amounted to a shovelware-tier indie-game.

This is what maddened me so, them taking their moderate success for granted and never once evolving or trying to step up their game. To them, doing the least amount of work seemed to be all that mattered.

Also >Matt made himself a girl in Animal Crossing
Yup, checks out. He doesn't even have the excuse of making a female avatar because you'd rather stare at a shapely girl's bottom for hours on end instead of a man's.
I bet he's pissed he wasn't allowed to make himself a babyfur avatar.

Edit because I forgot someone mentioned Liam going to college again to pick up the shambles of his life.
It's a game-design college. The degrees you get there are worth less than the paper they're printed on.
All he does is put himself in a worse financial situation by paying out the ass for a worthless degree.

The tired cat

Fluffy angel of death
kiwifarms.net
This is Matt we are talking about, after all. He probably hadn't even heard of Doom before Eternal came along.
Also, why in the red blazes is Civvie11, of all people, getting involved with Matt?
I just find it hilarious, that for a guy who not only had an LP channel and did QA in the past, he'd say something so dumb about Doom.

I think because Civvie thinks doing a few collabs with Matt will maybe get him some more subs and notices. After all, Matt name still carries some weight as being one of the SBF guys, I noticed after his last video with Matt he did get a sudden jump in subs. After all, Civvie is a small fry with his main thing being about splooging about old FPS games mostly.

HomerSimpson

kiwifarms.net
Yeah that's the thing, I won't be one of those people that say doing work with video games or streaming isn't a "real job" but literally all he does nowadays is stream himself playing video games & upload the entire stream to his youtube channel with no editing at all (as far as I know). He seems to have extremely basic knowledge on how some of this stuff works & nothing else, no skills at all that he can apply to anything else. He's extremely complacent & prides himself on how low effort his work is, streaming & youtube CAN make you a lot of money but it really doesn't feel like he has any kind of backup plan or branching out to other things so he can open other opportunities for his job. As far as I can tell his only long term plan is to just play video games on his couch everyday & show up to a podcast once a week.
Their can be a certain charm to the "just showing my stuff off" mindset, but, it has to be good or entertaining at least. I always thought the best friends were best as matt and pat in the early days. When it was just 2 guys playing games on the internet. They made some money, but they didn't have any ego or skills past a few basic ones they could apply to a few games.
Not the 1st cameo from Civvie. Also, I said it again..Matt, you dumb bastard Doom invented deathmatch, it's one of the most famous things it was made about.
Did it really? I knew about people making custom maps for it because a buddy did, but I didn't know deathmatch was that popular with doom. Quake, sure, but not doom.

The tired cat

Fluffy angel of death
kiwifarms.net
Did it really? I knew about people making custom maps for it because a buddy did, but I didn't know deathmatch was that popular with doom. Quake, sure, but not doom.
It pretty much did, Doom was a sort of start while Quake perfected it, by allowing for more people to play, while with Doom you may get 2-4 at most. Hell, just being allowed to play a deathmatch battle with a guy via modem back then was mind-blowing. After people went through the single-player, the deathmatch is what they would def come back for more often.

Tags
None