The Super Best Friends Super Best Thread - Matt's a cuck, Liam is a bitch, Pat's nuts and Woolie is a piss poor marketer

KingofNothing

Wahoo!
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2133931
Woolie's LP of Yakuza 0 started
4 months ago

what chapter was he at again in the last episode?View attachment 2133935
About half way through Chapter 7, so less than halfway through the game over the course of 3 months.

I am so fucking confused. Why are you still using Sony Vegas if your getting export times like this. Its a 9 minute video and its taking you 20 minutes to export and your still using Sony Vegas. Like the only way your getting times like this exporting a video which is literally just 1 video track and 1 audio track is fucking is because your PC is shit, Your doing something massively wrong in the settings to export OR the software is shit. Why the fuck isn't he moving to a better software that can get you real time or better exports for something as simple as this? It has to be just because he's cheap and doesn't want to invest in a license for better software right?
I think you're missing the most important thing here. This FF14 Woolie shit actually got Pat to EDIT a video after dumping nothing but VODs on his channel. Pat has never felt more motivated. Monday gonna be fun for him.

DongBlow

kiwifarms.net
I'm actually going to defend woolie on the datamining stuff. Everyone's like "HAHA STUPID WOOLIE WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT" but this is the only game ive heard of that will ban you for reading out leaks. It seems like even minh wasn't aware it could get him banned. There was no reason to think it would be a problem.

Somewhat-related: in the subreddit thread on this there's a schizo saying people not liking spoilers is a corporate-manufactured cult mentality. A take too hot even for the subreddit since he's getting downvoted.

Last edited:

KingofNothing

Wahoo!
kiwifarms.net
I'm actually going to defend woolie on the datamining stuff. Everyone's like "HAHA STUPID WOOLIE WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT" but this is the only game ive heard of that will ban you reading out leaks. It seems like even minh wasn't aware it could get him banned. There was no reason to think it would be a problem.
It's pretty funny how man who cries at the hint of spoilers for stuff he cares about was about to spoil his entire audience about future content though because he couldn't be bothered to learn anything about the game beforehand. So I think he's earned some ribbing. Minh should have been aware though since he actually plays the game.

Digger10

kiwifarms.net
p

it seems like Woolie goes to avoid spoilers that it actually serves a disservice to him in general. I don’t know if he’s trying to recapture when he was younger and everything was new and interesting, but this obsession with them is weird.
It's simple. Woolie's an unreasonable person. If things aren't exactly the way he prefers them then he gets pissy. He's not self-conscious enough to realize that some things aren't a big deal.

justsuchanonstory

kiwifarms.net
Numbers are in.

Woolie's poor management of the channel and worsening interaction with his community has resulted in a 26% drop in views on his youtube. This is the sharpest drop since March 2019.

Evidently the earlier attitude that caused him to course correct in November//December has been overridden by the bubbling contempt he has for his audience rising to the surface. As others have said, both the Arkham games and the Taro-verse could have been an opportunity for a litany of content. Instead, we get half assed and poorly thought out handwaves in which the audience feels condescended to by a guy that clearly doesn't understand the media he is commentating over.

Last edited:

Tanner Glass

kiwifarms.net
Was woolie even trying to like FF14? I thought he was only there to see the nier replicant + automata lore references in the nier raids but (insanely) decided he had to mentally block everything else since it might spoil games he didnt play.
Was he? No.

Would it have been smart considering he knew
- Neir was having a crossover with FFXIV and was he know he was going to spend hours in the game in some way
- FFXIV also has a crossover with another series he likes (Monster Hunter) and he could also check that out as well
- His cohost, Minh, is into FFXIV
- His podcast cohost, Pat, is into FFXIV
- A large number of people that are fans of Pat/Woolie play FFXIV on Pat's server/datacenter.

I'm not suggesting that he goes drops everything and becomes a FFXIV streamer - but he probably could actually put in the most minimum of effort and maybe play the game for a few days across 3 years. Maybe try it for 3 or 4 days instead of streaming SNES DBZ Fighting games.

The GMs are trying to keep anyone from spoiling stuff for others. They know they can't stop you yourself looking at it, but they can punish you for ruining for people that didn't go look.

I'm not sure if they still do, but they used to have this huge hardon for banning people using 3rd party software to see how efficient they were playing. Also heard of a couple of people getting temp bans for having a player-helper icon but refusing to help newbies. The GMs in general are just hardasses for everything.
FFXIV has a very specific rules and very specific enforcement. Generally speaking the enforcement is "we're all adults here" (a literal quote from the game's director).

If you want to spoil/be spoiled, you're allowed to. You're technically allowed to discuss it anywhere (reddit/whatever), including youtube/twitch whatever - as long as you make sure you're careful about it. The rule exists to stop people from going into FFXIV's towns and /shouting or /yelling spoilers and being shitters.

You're unofficially allowed to use 3rd party tools (literally ever stream/raider does). The rule exists to stop people from being shitheads in pick up groups.

You're allowed to be a Mentor (newbie helper) and help newbies. You're allowed to be one and not help newbies - but you aren't allowed to be one and be a dick to newbies (which is every single "I got banned/temped for no reasons!" story).

TL;DR - Minh would not likely have been banned for being in the same room as Woolie while he read reddit.

Dumpster dived waifu

Sieg heil mein waifu
kiwifarms.net
FFXIV has a very specific rules and very specific enforcement. Generally speaking the enforcement is "we're all adults here" (a literal quote from the game's director).

If you want to spoil/be spoiled, you're allowed to. You're technically allowed to discuss it anywhere (reddit/whatever), including youtube/twitch whatever - as long as you make sure you're careful about it. The rule exists to stop people from going into FFXIV's towns and /shouting or /yelling spoilers and being shitters.

You're unofficially allowed to use 3rd party tools (literally ever stream/raider does). The rule exists to stop people from being shitheads in pick up groups.

You're allowed to be a Mentor (newbie helper) and help newbies. You're allowed to be one and not help newbies - but you aren't allowed to be one and be a dick to newbies (which is every single "I got banned/temped for no reasons!" story).

TL;DR - Minh would not likely have been banned for being in the same room as Woolie while he read reddit.
I guess that's a much better way to explain what I was clearly failing to get across. Thanks for clarifying for me.

DongBlow

kiwifarms.net
So is this shit like your rankings for dungeons or something?
It's a ranking of how much damage you did in a fight compared to other characters of your class. It works on percentiles and the numbers are colour coded. So people will just refer to them by the colour range rather than the specific number. A purple parse is around 80th percentile, a grey parse is the worst you can get, I think it's the bottom 20%. Parsing that bad means you either have no idea how to play your class or you suck at avoiding the boss' attacks, probably both.

KingofNothing

Wahoo!
kiwifarms.net
Apparently V had to take some time off for a personal thing? Idk why he doesn't just continue on without V, the LP would improve immensely
That break was also because they stopped to do the Yakuza 7 sponsorship. But yeah V needs to go, he completely killed the lp for me with his smugness and weird desire to needlessly pick fights with chat.

Based Coffee Man

Let me explain...
kiwifarms.net
That break was also because they stopped to do the Yakuza 7 sponsorship. But yeah V needs to go, he completely killed the lp for me with his smugness and weird desire to needlessly pick fights with chat.

Ohhhh. I have to finish Yakuza 7 so I completely removed that from my brain. I'm sure there's at least three 10 minute blocks of them going into first-person view and exclaiming how much they want to travel to Japan again.