The Super Best Friends Super Best Thread - Matt's a cuck, Liam is a bitch, Pat's obnoxious and Woolie is sulking

Abarefiller

Friday night on KF? Just remember these yakuzies
kiwifarms.net
Apparently V had to take some time off for a personal thing? Idk why he doesn't just continue on without V, the LP would improve immensely
It's weird to think that the only time Woolie has played a game on stream without someone next to him was when he streamed DMC4's Bloody Palace with Vergil. Whenever V had to use the bathroom, it became a solid 5 minutes of Woolie trying to fill the dead air and making it extremely awkward.

V is there mostly so he can guide Woolie through whatever game he's playing, the sort of "go to X to see a cool thing" or explaining stuff whenever Woolie starts another one of his "Woolie over-thinks something extremely basic". The dude isn't a bad co-host for the channel, and he bounces off well with Woolie, but Christ almighty does V have a problem with antagonizing and picking fights with the chat. Almost every episode of an LP has him either dismiss the chat or telling them off, then act smug about it. He also has a pretty asinine view on spoilers, especially during the Halo LPs, where he refused to explain what the Cole Protocol was to Woolie, which lead to Woolie getting confused as to why the Covenant finding Earth was such a big deal (kinda like how Matt never realized why the Empty Lot was so important in Yakuza 0)

seveneleven1

kiwifarms.net

p-wog

bing bong
kiwifarms.net
Just caught up with the thread, what an entertaining shitshow!

If only Woolie would stop dragging his feet and play/read/watch all the shit he doesn't want to get spoiled on.

Also: Why doesn't Woolie simply eliminate the chat from his process. It's clearly a big detractor and there's no need for him to stream it live right? Wouldn't it be much easier to play, get directed by V, give his co-hosts some breathing room and edit a video that was going to go up on youtube anyway?

Or just, I dunno, not look at the chat?

saynomore40

kiwifarms.net
You guys remember the Minit oneshot the boys did awhile ago? By the end of the video their speech simplified to an extremity.

Woolie absolutley rocked that. In general he is very good at that sort of improv ( I wish he would do his Minit voice more often, it'd probably spice up his content, even a little)

But anyway, if Woolie were to try and find a new cohost to bounce off of, and he wanted the chemistry to be as good as SBF, I think he should start there.

Break the language down to its simplest form.

Recruit a bunch of possible canidates, and find somebody who can not only keep up with Woolie using Minit talk, but someone who actually adds a flavor and style of their own that bounces of of Woolie in an engaging way.

From there, see if a duel-commentary with this person would work out.

Wait I thought Woolie did brush up on his Nier knowledge? It's been a while since I watched it but he did LP Automata with Liam so I can't remember if he went in blind or if he did some catching up on some of the lore. Maybe I'm remembering wrong but I know there was that Friendcast moment where Woolie says he didn't want to go into Automata blind because he wanted to understand the potential payoffs.

Digger10

kiwifarms.net
Wait I thought Woolie did brush up on his Nier knowledge?

Well according to what people have said, Woolie watched the "Avengers: Civil War" trailer and then forgot that Spider-Man appeared in it. Recently we have the cutscene in "Arkham Asylum" where Joker lists all of the ways that Batman's been thwarting his plans and mentions Scarecrow and five seconds later Woolie says "Not gonna mention Scarecrow"?

Maybe the "Woolie Hole" is his memory.

Crab Zone

kiwifarms.net
Matt never realized why the Empty Lot was so important in Yakuza 0
Wait Matt was still confused about why the Empty Lot was important? Its been awhile so it might have slipped my mind but if true he's the biggest retard to ever exist.

Wait I thought Woolie did brush up on his Nier knowledge? It's been a while since I watched it but he did LP Automata with Liam so I can't remember if he went in blind or if he did some catching up on some of the lore. Maybe I'm remembering wrong but I know there was that Friendcast moment where Woolie says he didn't want to go into Automata blind because he wanted to understand the potential payoffs.
That was when Matt was saying you don't need to play Nier 1 at all because its unimportant to Automata and Pat called out how fucking wrong Matt is. Woolie watched the Nier LP that Liam and Pat did to know what's in Nier and read up on some of the extra shit but he has no knowledge of the Drakenguard shit which i think is more important to this Nier FF crossover.

Love_Machine011

We go for the eyes. Then the tongue. Then the hand
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That was when Matt was saying you don't need to play Nier 1 at all because its unimportant to Automata and Pat called out how fucking wrong Matt is. Woolie watched the Nier LP that Liam and Pat did to know what's in Nier and read up on some of the extra shit but he has no knowledge of the Drakenguard shit which i think is more important to this Nier FF crossover.
Dont understand how he can claim to be so into something when he barely even has a context for it.

Digger10

kiwifarms.net
Wait Matt was still confused about why the Empty Lot was important? Its been awhile so it might have slipped my mind but if true he's the biggest retard to ever exist.
Matt got a lot of shit during that playthrough for not paying attention to the story and then complaining that the story didn't make sense.

seveneleven1

kiwifarms.net
Woolie's entire knowledge of Nier is
- the Clemps videos that also cover Drakengard
- Pat and Liam's LP
- his own LP of Automata with Liam

Gondolindrim

kiwifarms.net
Woolies obsession with spoilers is becoming farcical at this point. He is starting to skip IN GAME TEXT because he
A) Thinks it somehow has nothing to do with the event he cares about.
B) Somehow thinks that in game context is a spoiler.
Shit like that is why people who are so opposed to being spoiled are such a joke. At that point, you're clearly not as invested in the narrative as you think you are.

Borax Bozo

Here until I can finally rest.
kiwifarms.net
where he refused to explain what the Cole Protocol was to Woolie, which lead to Woolie getting confused as to why the Covenant finding Earth was such a big deal
What a bizarre time, especially as Halo is one of the last games that explains its story in the manual - the main hook of why they randomly jumped isn't in the game itself!

Walnut_tree

kiwifarms.net
Shit like that is why people who are so opposed to being spoiled are such a joke. At that point, you're clearly not as invested in the narrative as you think you are.
Maybe I'm crazy but in my experience, getting spoiled on some things makes me appreciate a game more. Reading a spoiler on text versus experiencing it in a game is a different thing.

p-wog

bing bong
kiwifarms.net
Maybe I'm crazy but in my experience, getting spoiled on some things makes me appreciate a game more. Reading a spoiler on text versus experiencing it in a game is a different thing.
It's hard for me to get too upset about spoilers because of the text vs experiencing it thing. It might suck to have the knowledge beforehand but most of the time it'll still have impact once you're actually playing/watching/reading whatever it was that was spoilered.

MooseGump

Woah
kiwifarms.net
It's also the context because you can tell me a character dies but I'm like who the fuck is that character, even then yeah I like the journey more than the destination nowadays

Yeshuash

Token Polish Guy
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2133931
Woolie's LP of Yakuza 0 started
4 months ago

what chapter was he at again in the last episode?View attachment 2133935
He started chapter 7.

Dont understand how he can claim to be so into something when he barely even has a context for it.
Woolie is a helicopter fan. He is into something for th meme's and "the cool stuff". Basically that one guy who is into a music band but only knows two songs that he heard in a movie once.

He also has a pretty asinine view on spoilers, especially during the Halo LPs, where he refused to explain what the Cole Protocol was to Woolie, which lead to Woolie getting confused as to why the Covenant finding Earth was such a big deal (kinda like how Matt never realized why the Empty Lot was so important in Yakuza 0)
Which is wvwn more absurd if you realizer that the whole Cole Protocol thing was explained in the games story introduction in the games manual. Woolie and V however doubled down and asumed chat was talking about some heavy book lore.