The Super Best Friends Super Best Thread - Matt's a cuck, Liam is a bitch, Pat's obnoxious and Woolie is sulking

HopperTopper

kiwifarms.net
Wait I thought Woolie did brush up on his Nier knowledge? It's been a while since I watched it but he did LP Automata with Liam so I can't remember if he went in blind or if he did some catching up on some of the lore. Maybe I'm remembering wrong but I know there was that Friendcast moment where Woolie says he didn't want to go into Automata blind because he wanted to understand the potential payoffs.
He watched the Pat/Liam LP to catch up, except it took him so long to do that Liam ended up forgetting half the shit in Automata, which created its own problems.

Anyway while I personally don't give a shit about spoilers because there are like 1000 things more important to a story than shock factor, there's still a very clear delineation between avoiding shit like massive character deaths or entire endings, and avoiding shit like what someone's favorite ice cream flavor is. Woolie's firmly in the latter group, and he (and an increasing amount of people in general these days) is almost at "saying that there is a spoiler for me to avoid is a spoiler because it tells me there's something to be spoiled on" levels of fucking crazy/petty.

Last edited:

ksivy

Unfortunately, the clock is ticking
kiwifarms.net
"saying that there is a spoiler for me to avoid is a spoiler because it tells me there's something to be spoiled on"
Why do I have a feeling that Woolie is going to say something like this at one point, be 100% serious about it, and ready to throw fists at anyone who disagrees and/or laughs at him? I lost all faith in him at this point.

Cramblo

Life is but a dream.
kiwifarms.net
I wonder how does Woolie feel about John Dies At The End. would that movie just break his sanity and he'd start reeeeeing uncontrollably?
Woolie would probably be confused and someone would have to explain to him that the title "John Dies At The End" is a joke and you're not suppose to take it seriously.

Borax Bozo

Here until I can finally rest.
kiwifarms.net
Woolie's firmly in the latter group, and he (and an increasing amount of people in general these days) is almost at "saying that there is a spoiler for me to avoid is a spoiler because it tells me there's something to be spoiled on" levels of fucking crazy/petty.
Some people (like me) are good at automatically figuring stuff out in a story, even if we don't want to. What might not be a spoiler for other people is one for me, since I remember stuff well, and will figure out details by implication. So what someone might consider subtle hinting or talking around something I'd probably consider a spoiler since I tend to 'see through the veil', even if I didn't want to.

It's also why I'll buy games after seeing an initial trailer, and try and avoid trailers and 'hype seasons' as much as possible once my purchasing decision has been made - I want to experience as much as possible sight unseen, and trailers tend to reveal lots of stuff nowadays.

LucasSomething

kiwifarms.net
One funny thing i reminded just now, around 2 weeks ago, before the two nier streams, someone said here Pat went on a mini "woolie is crazy for not checking the new hype" rant while playing fortnite and i forgot it as background noise. At a later point, chat talks about spoilers and Pat brings up a moment when Woolie got very angry at him for saying Spiderman was in the Civil War trailer... months after they talked on podcast about marvel leaks saying spiderman would be in Civil War.

Pat goes on a mini Woolie rant during his fortnite stream @ 2:24:30. Mostly about Woolie refusing to play the popular thing because he's crazy.

He kep calling woolie crazy and i thought he was exaggerating and woolie probably forgot... But now that i know Woolie can legit mentally blocks all information from podcast conversations, this means woolie managed to have an entire conversation about movie leaks and not memorize any of it so he could watch it "spoiler free".

So yes, it's no wonder Woolie's struggle to learn borders on disability. The man pratically has the "superpower" to literally reject all information around him as long as he's not interested.

Crab Zone

kiwifarms.net
Spiderman was in the Civil War trailer... months after they talked on podcast about marvel leaks saying spiderman would be in Civil War.
What i find hilarious about this is the Spider-man reveal in Civil War isn't just the big hype moment where he jumps out in costume. Tony goes and meets with Peter before that so you already know Spider-mans in the movie. Its a situation by way of introduction that the reveal of Spider-man is in this doesn't ruin it because there's not a big reveal moment to ruin it which is why they marketed his in costume first appearance in the trailer.

EDIT: If anyone is excited for the Podcast tomorrow and Woolie getting ass blasted about the spoilers there may be no Podcast tomorrow. It seems like Woolie might have got his first Covid shot today so he may feel like shit tomorrow and just not do the podcast.

Last edited:

seveneleven1

kiwifarms.net
His dedication to not giving people what they want is impressive. Frustrating, but impressive.
I still kinda wanna know what happened to the Dollarshave thing. Did the sponsor hate how Woolie advertised their product or did Woolie, in his eternal sandbag, stopped taking their offers because he doesn't want a "bit"?

Because he was kinda mum about it when they discussed doing ad bits like a week or so ago.

Crab Zone

kiwifarms.net
I still kinda wanna know what happened to the Dollarshave thing. Did the sponsor hate how Woolie advertised their product or did Woolie, in his eternal sandbag, stopped taking their offers because he doesn't want a "bit"?

Because he was kinda mum about it when they discussed doing ad bits like a week or so ago.
Did they lose dollarshaveclub because Woolie kept talking about balls for 20 minutes?

JohnQAdams

kiwifarms.net
If Woolie was trying to avoid spoilers why did he look at what was being datamined?
*Pauses videogame for 45 minutes*

You see, chat, spoilers only matter for decade-old things I'm interested in but only want to look at after all the hype and discussion surrounding it is long dead.

Spoilers for something that's not out yet but I don't care about are perfectly acceptable, unlike mentioning that people die in a murder mystery, or callously mentioning Spider-Man is in a movie if I forget the entire conversation I had about Spider-Man being in a movie that has Spider-Man in the trailer and poster and every single article written about it.